Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Best ship?

AngelxAlistair (Toy ship ahoy!)
- 2 (8.7%)
RichardxCyrielle (Yes, she's a side character. No, that does not make this any less cute.)
- 0 (0%)
MariaxSelinaxYurixNuriel (HAREM)
- 5 (21.7%)
RichardxCamille (The only couple who knew each other for longer than two months. Woo~)
- 1 (4.3%)
AshleyxConnyxNurielxBismuth (OPPOSING HAREM)
- 1 (4.3%)
LylexEveryone (An Uke and five Semes. Go figure.)
- 2 (8.7%)
AlistairxCatherine (Minako, eat your heart out.)
- 0 (0%)
MariaxSelina (The original, accept no substitutes.)
- 1 (4.3%)
LyleXRichard (Too much yuri, not enough yaoi.)
- 1 (4.3%)
IzzyxLucas (Because a normal tsundere is not enough.)
- 1 (4.3%)
WillxStella (*insert witty tagline here*)
- 2 (8.7%)
MariexEveryone (Marie, duh.)
- 2 (8.7%)
AshleyXRichard (Screw retcons, I want my OTP now!)
- 1 (4.3%)
MariaxMattxSelina (The original OT3. And who was Matt again?)
- 2 (8.7%)
Richard/CyriellexFourth Wall (Who didn't see this coming?)
- 2 (8.7%)

Total Members Voted: 23

Pages: 1 ... 286 287 [288] 289 290 ... 1030

Author Topic: Rise of the Magic Girls v2 OOC: MOAR LAMPSHADES PLEASE  (Read 977131 times)

ragnarok97071

• Bay Watcher
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
    • View Profile
Re: Rise of the Magic Girls v2 OOC: Oh mah gawd, the angst!
« Reply #4305 on: January 23, 2014, 06:01:50 pm »

ITT: You are allowed to grr if you can find something which appears to be a BETTER solution. :v

there might simply be no solution, that is the problem. "The bay12 forums" at the very least should have Cyrielle swallowed on the spot

the bay12 forum is everywhere and all feel it's presence?

a market?

the answer does not fullfill the characteristics of the riddle

To be fair, that wasn't an actual guess, I suppose. Either way, we're past it.

Moving on.
Quote from: Wing, via Discord
I want a coat that doesn't make me look like a rear admiral from the East India Company

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4306 on: January 23, 2014, 06:04:23 pm »

ITT: You are allowed to grr if you can find something which appears to be a BETTER solution. :v

there might simply be no solution, that is the problem. "The bay12 forums" at the very least should have Cyrielle swallowed on the spot

the bay12 forum is everywhere and all feel it's presence?

a market?

the answer does not fullfill the characteristics of the riddle
She was referencing that this is a forum RPG and that the books in its fictional libraries are not really there nor the transport used for fictional markets real. Within the RPG, the forum is everywhere and its presence is felt because everyone is a fictional character made by a forum user. It wasn't even a serious attempt on her part since she didn't think she was even eligible to answer.
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #4307 on: January 23, 2014, 06:04:50 pm »

...Cyrielle even SAID it without meta before answering in meta. And Camille came to it literally ingame seconds after she failed. If the problem is with metaphor, it's a metaphor. It's not exact. If it's with the riddle, it was made to stump older gods. If it's with the solution, see above. And it can even be fridge brilliance because Emp.

It is past and done either way.

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4308 on: January 23, 2014, 06:09:44 pm »

Wait, what do creatures of Fate count as? They're emptier than Void but more ordered than Creation (seeing as there would be no chaos or uncertainty when literally everything is nonexistent).

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4309 on: January 23, 2014, 06:10:37 pm »

Wait, what do creatures of Fate count as? They're emptier than Void but more ordered than Creation (seeing as there would be no chaos or uncertainty when literally everything is nonexistent).
Fuck if I know. I'm categorising them with Persona and cryptids as "random shit I have yet to figure out".

ragnarok97071

• Bay Watcher
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
    • View Profile
« Reply #4310 on: January 23, 2014, 06:10:54 pm »

I'd say they'd probably be twilight. that is, both, and neither. So it depends on the particular Fatetouched. Most of the ones that have shown up have had the template applied to creatures of Creation, so they'd be treated as such.

Fuck if I know. I'm categorising them with Persona and cryptids as "random shit I have yet to figure out".

Persona would be Creation, as would cryptids, except maybe a rare few.

Heartless (not made canon yet, but I might use them just for lulz at some point) would also be Void, Nobodies twilight (no special effects, treated as a normal sword just like it would for Void creatures since they technically don't exist), and... so on.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2014, 06:12:36 pm by ragnarok97071 »
I want a coat that doesn't make me look like a rear admiral from the East India Company

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4311 on: January 23, 2014, 06:12:39 pm »

So, functionally speaking, what happens if a distortion deconsolidates into an eldritch false vacuum metastability event in void?

ragnarok97071

• Bay Watcher
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
    • View Profile
« Reply #4312 on: January 23, 2014, 06:13:36 pm »

So, functionally speaking, what happens if a distortion deconsolidates into an eldritch false vacuum metastability event in void?

Please elaborate. Probably nothing since there's nothing to effect.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4313 on: January 23, 2014, 06:14:04 pm »

I dunno.
*Elf is writer not physicist

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #4314 on: January 23, 2014, 06:15:43 pm »

So... Kyle's flirting didn't help with the wall but it did wake up the guardian of the wall?

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4315 on: January 23, 2014, 06:16:54 pm »

So... Kyle's flirting didn't help with the wall but it did wake up the guardian of the wall?
...the guardian of the wall being the embodiment of the wall. Sphinx is old.

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4316 on: January 23, 2014, 06:17:39 pm »

Well, a distortion isn't so much an actual entity but rather a lack thereof, a hole punched into reality so to speak. By definition, nothing exists within what lies beyond, no creation, no void, I would say that nothing exists, but in that region, not even nothing exists. As in, all concepts, including emptiness (and the concept of all concepts including emptiness ceasing to exist) ceases to exist. Hence it isn't empty because it is devoid of emptiness. I'm wondering, since Void is the more ordered absence, if a distortion is placed in it, would the area the distortion punched through be emptier than the surrounding absence of creation?
« Last Edit: January 23, 2014, 06:21:36 pm by Empiricist »

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #4317 on: January 23, 2014, 06:17:57 pm »

For some reason I think this is the best thing to happen with Kyle randomly flirting yet.

ragnarok97071

• Bay Watcher
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
    • View Profile
« Reply #4318 on: January 23, 2014, 06:23:34 pm »

Well, a distortion isn't so much an actual entity but rather a lack thereof, a hole punched into reality so to speak. By definition, nothing exists within what lies beyond, no creation, no void, I would say that nothing exists, but in that region, not even nothing exists. As in, all concepts, including emptiness (and the concept of all concepts including emptiness ceasing to exist) ceases to exist. Hence it isn't empty because it is devoid of emptiness. I'm wondering, since Void is the more ordered absence, if a distortion is placed in it, would the area the distortion punched through be emptier than the surrounding absence of creation?

Actually, Void is the concept of non-being, which is exactly what you described. Not a vaccuum, not emptiness, non-reality.

So if that's what Fate is, then it'd be Void.

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4319 on: January 23, 2014, 06:28:22 pm »

So it's also an eldritch false-vacuum decay with an entirely alien sense of perception that seeks to end everything including itself (even though it technically doesn't exist until it ends everything (yes that means it can only start to exist by ending itself rather paradoxically (meta-brackets ftw (I actually ran out of things to say but decided to add one more layer of brackets))))?
Pages: 1 ... 286 287 [288] 289 290 ... 1030