Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Best ship?

AngelxAlistair (Toy ship ahoy!)
- 2 (8.7%)
RichardxCyrielle (Yes, she's a side character. No, that does not make this any less cute.)
- 0 (0%)
MariaxSelinaxYurixNuriel (HAREM)
- 5 (21.7%)
RichardxCamille (The only couple who knew each other for longer than two months. Woo~)
- 1 (4.3%)
AshleyxConnyxNurielxBismuth (OPPOSING HAREM)
- 1 (4.3%)
LylexEveryone (An Uke and five Semes. Go figure.)
- 2 (8.7%)
AlistairxCatherine (Minako, eat your heart out.)
- 0 (0%)
MariaxSelina (The original, accept no substitutes.)
- 1 (4.3%)
LyleXRichard (Too much yuri, not enough yaoi.)
- 1 (4.3%)
IzzyxLucas (Because a normal tsundere is not enough.)
- 1 (4.3%)
WillxStella (*insert witty tagline here*)
- 2 (8.7%)
MariexEveryone (Marie, duh.)
- 2 (8.7%)
AshleyXRichard (Screw retcons, I want my OTP now!)
- 1 (4.3%)
MariaxMattxSelina (The original OT3. And who was Matt again?)
- 2 (8.7%)
Richard/CyriellexFourth Wall (Who didn't see this coming?)
- 2 (8.7%)

Total Members Voted: 23

Pages: 1 ... 400 401 [402] 403 404 ... 1030

Author Topic: Rise of the Magic Girls v2 OOC: MOAR LAMPSHADES PLEASE  (Read 977203 times)

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Rise of the Magic Girls v2 OOC: Oh mah gawd, the angst!
« Reply #6015 on: February 06, 2014, 01:07:56 pm »

You're lucky it can even damage the house, it has no logical way to do so.
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #6016 on: February 06, 2014, 01:08:59 pm »

I call bullshit on a lot of this (plot or not) really.

I wasn't told about half the lore, then get faced with what is essentially a loophole, and then I get a TPK about the first time the party faces a proper boss they HAVE to fight.

House would be damaged enough that it would be a bad idea to live in it but it still remains standing, if only because I barely know the lore behind Dumah.

Twi

• Bay Watcher
  • ✨heterotemporality✨
    • View Profile
« Reply #6017 on: February 06, 2014, 01:10:58 pm »

No one's in the house. Like I said, I'm okay with the house getting destroyed if that's reasonably a thing that can happen. But since no one really knows what the fuck half of everything DOES...
 ::)

Also, Ragnarok. Curse needs a roll to resist. For fucks sake, your MND and/or MAG stats should be theoretically able to protect you SOMEHOW. >:I

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
  • Death and I, we have an understanding
    • View Profile
« Reply #6018 on: February 06, 2014, 01:11:21 pm »

lets not argue anymore about what *should* have been, really. all the retconning and not-retconning only delays the game.

instead, let's settle on what *will* be next battle.

Asariel may look OP, but once the rules have actually been balanced, it'll be much less overpowering.

Also, final-boss tier angels *should* be OP, to encourage players using their head, organising, making a strategy, instead of everyone just flailing at the enemy. She is perfectly possible to overcome by a combination of fixed rules and coordination

and also, I actually call bullshit on the whole *magical shield around the house so impenetrable, blah blah*. Our shield being impenetrable and (some) of our dudes auto-reviving is the same kinda bullshit that the angels keep throwing around and that we complain about. Why shouldn't we be vulnerable?
Find comfort in that most people of intelligence jeer at the inmost mysteries, if superior minds were ever placed in fullest contact with the secrets preserved by
 ancient and lowly cults, the resultant abnormalities would soon not only wreck the world, but threathen the very ingerity of the cosmos

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6019 on: February 06, 2014, 01:12:47 pm »

The magical shield is required as it ensures that we have to actually CARE about a plot for it to occur. That is, the plot will be unable to barge in and force participation.

Twi

• Bay Watcher
  • ✨heterotemporality✨
    • View Profile
« Reply #6020 on: February 06, 2014, 01:13:10 pm »

The magical shield is required as it ensure that we have to actually CARE about a plot for it to occur. That is, the plot will be unable to barge in and force participation.

75% sure this is a thing only you care about. I am pretty sure you are literally the only person in this RP who has ever simply said, "I don't care about this plot, leave me alone."

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6021 on: February 06, 2014, 01:15:20 pm »

lets not argue anymore about what *should* have been, really. all the retconning and not-retconning only delays the game.

instead, let's settle on what *will* be next battle.

Asariel may look OP, but once the rules have actually been balanced, it'll be much less overpowering.

Also, final-boss tier angels *should* be OP, to encourage players using their head, organising, making a strategy, instead of everyone just flailing at the enemy. She is perfectly possible to overcome by a combination of fixed rules and coordination

and also, I actually call bullshit on the whole *magical shield around the house so impenetrable, blah blah*. Our shield being impenetrable and (some) of our dudes auto-reviving is the same kinda bullshit that the angels keep throwing around and that we complain about. Why shouldn't we be vulnerable?
Correction; I said it wasn't. Magical effects are suppressed, not cancelled. Void and Twilight can't touch it. Those are the only effects cancelled outright.

Personae work in it, barely. Wall Street works fine. Superpowers do, and lastly, a good old wrecking ball would take it down. Hardly invulnerable; just hard to take down using magic.

Also, I wasn't even told void walkers could revive.

Really, I'm actually cheesed off right now. Don't expect me to post on RoTMG for a while, I have to calm down.

Twi

• Bay Watcher
  • ✨heterotemporality✨
    • View Profile
« Reply #6022 on: February 06, 2014, 01:16:04 pm »

You want me to run my side-plot then?

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6023 on: February 06, 2014, 01:16:49 pm »

Go ahead. I'll be online, but don't bother pestering me about this game, I'm taking a break.

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6024 on: February 06, 2014, 01:17:07 pm »

The magical shield is required as it ensure that we have to actually CARE about a plot for it to occur. That is, the plot will be unable to barge in and force participation.

75% sure this is a thing only you care about. I am pretty sure you are literally the only person in this RP who has ever simply said, "I don't care about this plot, leave me alone."
I have yet to say that :P I have stated I may say that, but I have yet to do so. The inverted personality universe doesn't count since that was partly an issue of backstory and lore.

Twi

• Bay Watcher
  • ✨heterotemporality✨
    • View Profile
« Reply #6025 on: February 06, 2014, 01:18:15 pm »

I have yet to say that :P I have stated I may say that, but I have yet to do so. The inverted personality universe doesn't count since that was partly an issue of backstory and lore.
You're the only one who's even threatened to say that :P

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6026 on: February 06, 2014, 01:19:39 pm »

I prefer calling it a statement of intent rather than a threat, after all, none of my characters are what you'd call plot important. It wouldn't be much of a threat :P

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
  • Death and I, we have an understanding
    • View Profile
« Reply #6027 on: February 06, 2014, 01:20:47 pm »

soon we will have an awesome magical girl base in a castle in france. complete with literaly all the kind of extravagant awesomeness your characters could desire, rather than some suburban house that somehow houses an extreme amount of people, considering the amount of rooms it should have.

I vote +1 for the house getting destroyed, only so we can actually give the new base some focus. We could even draw a floorplan of it or something. Shit's gonna be cash.

if the house gets saved by miracle and/or bullshit, then only 2-3 characters will move, while everyone else simply wont care. It's wasting potential

also, massive character development opportunity. the group has never been so desisively defeated. the group as a whole has grown arrogant, thinking themselves undefeatable, being *bored* fighting stuff, and mostly just doing so to kill time. Losing their home and having to start anew, with an enemy insight that they can't just flail to death with brute force is maybe the best opportunity for a character arc there might have been since the game started.

and it will make victory over the angels feel all the more meaningful, a true achievement. it may only really feel *forced* right now because nobody is used to actually being at a disadvantage
Find comfort in that most people of intelligence jeer at the inmost mysteries, if superior minds were ever placed in fullest contact with the secrets preserved by
 ancient and lowly cults, the resultant abnormalities would soon not only wreck the world, but threathen the very ingerity of the cosmos

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6028 on: February 06, 2014, 01:24:00 pm »

I think the void angels and terrorism already helped curb that.

Twi

• Bay Watcher
  • ✨heterotemporality✨
    • View Profile
« Reply #6029 on: February 06, 2014, 01:26:22 pm »

I prefer calling it a statement of intent rather than a threat, after all, none of my characters are what you'd call plot important. It wouldn't be much of a threat :P
You're by far not the worst example at that, at least.
Pages: 1 ... 400 401 [402] 403 404 ... 1030