Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Best ship?

AngelxAlistair (Toy ship ahoy!)
- 2 (8.7%)
RichardxCyrielle (Yes, she's a side character. No, that does not make this any less cute.)
- 0 (0%)
MariaxSelinaxYurixNuriel (HAREM)
- 5 (21.7%)
RichardxCamille (The only couple who knew each other for longer than two months. Woo~)
- 1 (4.3%)
AshleyxConnyxNurielxBismuth (OPPOSING HAREM)
- 1 (4.3%)
LylexEveryone (An Uke and five Semes. Go figure.)
- 2 (8.7%)
AlistairxCatherine (Minako, eat your heart out.)
- 0 (0%)
MariaxSelina (The original, accept no substitutes.)
- 1 (4.3%)
LyleXRichard (Too much yuri, not enough yaoi.)
- 1 (4.3%)
IzzyxLucas (Because a normal tsundere is not enough.)
- 1 (4.3%)
WillxStella (*insert witty tagline here*)
- 2 (8.7%)
MariexEveryone (Marie, duh.)
- 2 (8.7%)
AshleyXRichard (Screw retcons, I want my OTP now!)
- 1 (4.3%)
MariaxMattxSelina (The original OT3. And who was Matt again?)
- 2 (8.7%)
Richard/CyriellexFourth Wall (Who didn't see this coming?)
- 2 (8.7%)

Total Members Voted: 23

Pages: 1 ... 842 843 [844] 845 846 ... 1030

Author Topic: Rise of the Magic Girls v2 OOC: MOAR LAMPSHADES PLEASE  (Read 977161 times)

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
  • Death and I, we have an understanding
    • View Profile
Re: Rise of the Magic Girls v2 OOC: MOAR LAMPSHADES PLEASE
« Reply #12645 on: April 18, 2014, 03:35:29 pm »

well, it's nice that your dudes can ignore standard battle mechanics, but I want to know from kansa what us normal people have to do in order to attack the real one
Find comfort in that most people of intelligence jeer at the inmost mysteries, if superior minds were ever placed in fullest contact with the secrets preserved by
 ancient and lowly cults, the resultant abnormalities would soon not only wreck the world, but threathen the very ingerity of the cosmos

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #12646 on: April 18, 2014, 03:37:35 pm »

well, it's nice that your dudes can ignore standard battle mechanics, but I want to know from kansa what us normal people have to do in order to attack the real one
Correction: Never has it been said multiple-attack was impossible. Ever.

You people just don't bother to use abilities that have them. Seriously.

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12647 on: April 18, 2014, 03:43:12 pm »

as a side note, looking at the rolls he made, I determined Zhengarad Dex to be 90

Kansa you madman D:
Find comfort in that most people of intelligence jeer at the inmost mysteries, if superior minds were ever placed in fullest contact with the secrets preserved by
 ancient and lowly cults, the resultant abnormalities would soon not only wreck the world, but threathen the very ingerity of the cosmos

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12648 on: April 18, 2014, 03:44:32 pm »

as a side note, looking at the rolls he made, I determined Zhengarad Dex to be 90

Kansa you madman D:
I'm praying the attack lands so it actually makes that fucking DEX reasonable. Also, shouldn't ICARUS go for a leg with her Orichalum sword or something?

Kansa

• Bay Watcher
  • Distant Traces of Beauty
    • View Profile
« Reply #12649 on: April 18, 2014, 03:47:17 pm »

It's a one in five chance to hit the correct one without any checking before hand. I did mean there to be a check before hand that's why I showed the strength of the illusion, I'll say that it's a mind check vs that strength. The anti illusion masks give a +50 bonus to that check and your formula for will's bonus sounds good to me. The shield is already factored in as to get even a small illusion to take effect he needs to roll over 100 on a magic check.

His dex is actually 45 :p, I just got lucky with the rolls.
* greatorder smothers Kansa with earwax

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12650 on: April 18, 2014, 03:48:45 pm »

....so how easily would those illusions stop a charging crocodile thing? :P

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12651 on: April 18, 2014, 03:52:57 pm »

hmm, that would decrease his dex indeed, but I'd guess a called shot like that might increase the DC (easier to dodge an attack aimed at extremities than the center of mass, and justified if it gives additional side-effects). The dude has a dex of 90, so I'd need to spend at least 130 mana to get a 50/50 shot at hitting him, and putting that much mana into a 1 in 5 chance of hitting the real target? Even with 3 refills, that is super dangerous, as refilling probably implies that during this round, I am a sittind duck (then again every round I don't increase my dex to huge levels, I'm a sitting duck anyway..). That in itself is fine, thing is, I can't regen any health...

is there a mechanic that allows people to guard other people? like, could ICARUS call cover me, and whomever thinks it would be good to actually do that could actually tank a hit for ICARUS *cough*Kyle*cough* ?

+50 Bonus? sweeeeet

also, his dex being 45 is not possible, unless you are rolling d100s. Exhibit A: his first roll against icarus was 123

Kansa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12652 on: April 18, 2014, 03:55:22 pm »

They are not standing in a straight line :p, if he picks one to charge he is going to overshoot and miss the others. Unless he has some special ability to attack multiple times in one round or something.

I was rolling d100s for the hit rolls
« Last Edit: April 18, 2014, 03:59:39 pm by Kansa »

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12653 on: April 18, 2014, 03:58:08 pm »

sigh, but d100 render stats so very meeeaninglesss...

oh well...time to wreck Zhengaras shit. As I said, first attack was aimed to gauge Zhengaras strength. Robots learn very quickly.

Kansa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12654 on: April 18, 2014, 03:58:42 pm »

I could change it if you want, it wouldn't really make that much difference at this stage.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12655 on: April 18, 2014, 03:58:50 pm »

There not standing in a straight line :p, if he picks one to charge he is going to overshoot and miss the others. Unless he has some special ability to attack multiple times in one round or something.

I was rolling d100s for the hit rolls
He does, but this isn't the right ability. :c

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12656 on: April 18, 2014, 04:01:25 pm »

hmm, since Will has one of the masks, and gigantic mind, Will pointing things out is already sure to give a big bonus (since it's d100 and not d50, I suggested halving the bonus I previously suggested)

that makes Will a huge credit to the team. I can't believe it, Will actually contributed. Kickass.

PrivateNomad

• Bay Watcher
  • Certified Time Traveler
    • View Profile
« Reply #12657 on: April 18, 2014, 04:02:53 pm »

((Back. What happened so far? And can Bartimaeus see through his illusions and shapeshift into Orichalum?))

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12658 on: April 18, 2014, 04:05:17 pm »

((Back. What happened so far? And can Bartimaeus see through his illusions and shapeshift into Orichalum?))
RoTMG: First turn, Zhengara was only wounded by ICARUS, who he hit harder back. Everyone else failed.
KS: Shipping/fanfic writing.

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12659 on: April 18, 2014, 04:06:31 pm »

I puppeted Alucard to do his summoning, whatever you wanted to summon should now be ready (if your rolls are good, else whatever you summoned might be tearing Alucard to pieces). I set Bartimaeus to charge an inferno

also Elf, it was Jacque who wounded Zhengara, not ICARUS. ICARUS probed Zhengara for how far she has to go.
Pages: 1 ... 842 843 [844] 845 846 ... 1030