Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3821 3822 [3823] 3824 3825 ... 4748

Author Topic: Rise of the Magic Girls v2 IC Thread: Antimagic and gods and souls oh my  (Read 3023269 times)

Sanure

• Bay Watcher
  • [CREATURE:DRONE][PREFSTRING:MADNESS][ETHICS:NOPE]
    • View Profile
Re: Rise of the Magic Girls v2 IC Thread: Rising from the ashes
« Reply #57330 on: March 28, 2014, 08:46:23 am »

Grandiose wonders why Alice waved at him, having never met him before. He then sighs, pulls out an easel and begins painting.
Quote from: Discord
Suika, Drinker of Sake - Today at 9:11 PM
"...I really don't know why Cu chulainn made that last promise because he is physically incapable of keeping it in his pants, it is like his junk is some kind of unruly seamonster or moray eel telescoping out of its holster and harpooning ladies left and right"
Johnny Jokotaru sent Kars down under

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #57331 on: March 28, 2014, 08:47:12 am »

"Oh come on now, don't try to fool me. That guy was abducted in the mortal world, and teleported into your domain. He has exactly the kind of ability that you'd have great interest in. When his friends came here looking for him, your souls and demons immediatly started attacking them when they mentioned his name. Look, I am trying to help you here, so have some confidence please and don't lie to me."
"Well, this is an unpleasant surprise..."[/color]
Seham considers what he says next.
"Not much choice, I suppose. I'll go get him."
Seham vanishes from the room.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
  • Death and I, we have an understanding
    • View Profile
« Reply #57332 on: March 28, 2014, 08:48:53 am »

Lucifer prepares in case Seham is about to start anything underhanded. Should he have any special demon-senses that I don't know about, he uses them to try and look out in case Seham grabs Will and tries to teleport away.
Find comfort in that most people of intelligence jeer at the inmost mysteries, if superior minds were ever placed in fullest contact with the secrets preserved by
 ancient and lowly cults, the resultant abnormalities would soon not only wreck the world, but threathen the very ingerity of the cosmos

Projeck37

• Bay Watcher
  • what is love, baby don't hurt me
    • View Profile
« Reply #57333 on: March 28, 2014, 08:50:42 am »

Ashley and Conny instantly teleport behind the demons.
"No need to be hostile..."
I be the Pillow Pirate of the 12 Bays!

Kansa

• Bay Watcher
  • Distant Traces of Beauty
    • View Profile
« Reply #57334 on: March 28, 2014, 08:51:06 am »

ICARUS records the rotting process of each of them.

"Good, good. Now...which direction to check in first. Let's try and start with a neutral as possible state. I want you to sit down and meditate. Concentrate only on your meditation. I will play some soothing music to aid you, and monitor your heartbeat and neural activity, until we have reached a state of deep relaxation and calmness."

Alice nodded
"Ok... Ok then" she sat down and crossed her legs, doing her best to focus.
* greatorder smothers Kansa with earwax

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57335 on: March 28, 2014, 08:52:16 am »

ICARUS waits until Alice heartbeat and breathing indicates she is calm, then gently nudges her with an apple - without telling her first, of course, so she does not tense up
Find comfort in that most people of intelligence jeer at the inmost mysteries, if superior minds were ever placed in fullest contact with the secrets preserved by
 ancient and lowly cults, the resultant abnormalities would soon not only wreck the world, but threathen the very ingerity of the cosmos

Kansa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57336 on: March 28, 2014, 08:56:49 am »

ICARUS waits until Alice heartbeat and breathing indicates she is calm, then gently nudges her with an apple - without telling her first, of course, so she does not tense up

Alice tensed slightly as the fruit touched her skin, she did her best to remain calm though. The apple once again turned to mush, it seemed to take a little bit longer than before though.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57337 on: March 28, 2014, 08:59:18 am »

Lucifer prepares in case Seham is about to start anything underhanded. Should he have any special demon-senses that I don't know about, he uses them to try and look out in case Seham grabs Will and tries to teleport away.
I'm not aware of any such senses, either, so Lucifer just sits around, waiting for Seham.

Ashley and Conny instantly teleport behind the demons.
"No need to be hostile..."
"No need? You're going to try and take our lord's chance at being great again. Not a chance."
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57338 on: March 28, 2014, 09:01:25 am »

ICARUS keeps the result to herself for now. If she told her that it took longer than before, Alice might begin starting to feel hope and relief because it seems to be working, or anxiety trying to reproduce the result. She continutes getting a proper experiment going, for now entirely based only on being calm and relaxed. She keeps telling Alice to relax, focus on previous times where she has been feeling very relaxed and calm, and whenever heartrate and other signs indicate a good moment, tries to get a sample without Alice noticing. This likely takes the whole afternoon.

ICARUS also keeps scanning Mana concentration in Alice body - to make sure results are not tied to her simply running out of rotting power.

((Lucifer can likely sense magic though))
« Last Edit: March 28, 2014, 09:03:03 am by Akroma »

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57339 on: March 28, 2014, 09:05:27 am »

There is a lot of magic in Hell.
...What's Lucifer's Mind?
Sig

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57340 on: March 28, 2014, 09:06:18 am »

considering he is the lord of hell, likely considerably high

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57341 on: March 28, 2014, 09:18:13 am »

Then Lucifer probably notices a lot of magic being generated deep within the palace.
Sig

Kansa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57342 on: March 28, 2014, 09:18:55 am »

ICARUS keeps the result to herself for now. If she told her that it took longer than before, Alice might begin starting to feel hope and relief because it seems to be working, or anxiety trying to reproduce the result. She continutes getting a proper experiment going, for now entirely based only on being calm and relaxed. She keeps telling Alice to relax, focus on previous times where she has been feeling very relaxed and calm, and whenever heartrate and other signs indicate a good moment, tries to get a sample without Alice noticing. This likely takes the whole afternoon.

ICARUS also keeps scanning Mana concentration in Alice body - to make sure results are not tied to her simply running out of rotting power.

Alice continued to do her best to relax, as the test continued to repeated she tensed less as the fruit touched her. Her mind began to drift as the hours went by and the relaxation continued. The results were the same as before, the more relaxed and calm she was feeling the more time it took for the apples to rot. Alice's mana concentration decreased slowly throughout the time but it was in no danger of running out.

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57343 on: March 28, 2014, 09:24:37 am »

Well, Lucifer isn't a dick, and Seham probably knows that he would get into huge trouble if he didn't do as he said, so Lucifer waits patiently for Seham to go and get Will

"Okay, good. This ends the experiments for now. Good news is, there was a deviation in rotting time with a clear trend, most likely a correlation to something within you. That is good news, as curses are outside forces - the apples would always rot in the same way, if that was the case. Next we will determine what the trend was correlated to. Either your state of mind, or the mana concentration in your body. Until then, though it might be premature, I advice you to look into relaxation excercises."

Kansa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57344 on: March 28, 2014, 09:31:58 am »

"Okay, good. This ends the experiments for now. Good news is, there was a deviation in rotting time with a clear trend, most likely a correlation to something within you. That is good news, as curses are outside forces - the apples would always rot in the same way, if that was the case. Next we will determine what the trend was correlated to. Either your state of mind, or the mana concentration in your body. Until then, though it might be premature, I advice you to look into relaxation excercises."

Alice smiled and nodded

"Ok, thank... thank you. Did... Did it take longer then when... when I was calm?"
Pages: 1 ... 3821 3822 [3823] 3824 3825 ... 4748