- 0 (0%)
zone 3
- 0 (0%)
zone 4
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: August 22, 2013, 10:15:59 am

Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 39

Author Topic: Old style succession game, Fliermanor Revive. Dream-wings freeze fast.  (Read 49588 times)

danmanthedog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Old style succession game, Fliermanor. (come and watch and take part of!)
« Reply #195 on: September 17, 2013, 03:09:31 pm »

Whelp shadowhammer lost his turn for fliermanor so its Blademan turn.

ShadowHammer

• Bay Watcher
  • God is love.
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: September 18, 2013, 07:17:17 pm »

Drat.

danmanthedog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: September 18, 2013, 07:34:53 pm »

Drat.
srry you didnt respond in time.
Edit- But if blade does not speak up for his turn and i piss off with waiting for people you can have your turn back.

ShadowHammer

• Bay Watcher
  • God is love.
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: September 18, 2013, 07:46:19 pm »

srry you didnt respond in time.
I know; it was my fault.
Edit- But if blade does not speak up for his turn and i piss off with waiting for people you can have your turn back.
Thank you.

blademan9999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: September 18, 2013, 08:04:17 pm »

(Let him have his turn, I'm currently a bit busy and I haven't read all the way through.)
There is a massive magma snake moving in down stairs as well as a flood and a tunnel to hell also downstairs and you are worried about me putting my feet on the furniture.
GWG you are meant to be the sane one.
Just because the apocalypse is happening downstairs is no reason to abandon manners young wizard.

danmanthedog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: September 18, 2013, 09:01:35 pm »

(Let him have his turn, I'm currently a bit busy and I haven't read all the way through.)
Okey then Shadow you have your turn back now so gl and hf.

ShadowHammer

• Bay Watcher
  • God is love.
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: September 19, 2013, 06:45:49 pm »

I do get a turn after all! I shall begin at once.

ShadowHammer

• Bay Watcher
  • God is love.
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: September 19, 2013, 07:36:55 pm »

I just noticed something. There are at least 2 "campfires". Since when are those in vanilla fortress mode? And if I'm just dumb, then how do you light these?

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
  • I think this is what they call a tantrum spiral...
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: September 19, 2013, 08:06:17 pm »

I just noticed something. There are at least 2 "campfires". Since when are those in vanilla fortress mode? And if I'm just dumb, then how do you light these?

Necromancers put them there. WHen I said they set up camp, they actually SET UP CAMP ??? It was odd
just shot him with a balistic arrow, i think he will get stuned from that >.>

"Guardian" and Sigfriend Of Necrothreat
Jee wilikers, I think Highmax is near invulnerable, must have been dunked in the river styx like achilles was.
Just make sure he wears a boot.

ShadowHammer

• Bay Watcher
  • God is love.
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: September 20, 2013, 04:57:00 pm »

Hmm. Maybe these necromancers ARE haxxors, after all.
Anyway, onto the tale...
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The Book of Shadow
Chapter 1: Besieged
Well. Today Highmax called me to his office. I was worried that he was unhappy with my trading work, before the undead siege, but to my surprise, he just promoted me to overseer! I was somewhat surprised, but promised to do my best.
I decided to begin weapons training today. Unfortunately, the fort’s only anvil was left outside, and we have no spare metal weapons, so I am just working on unarmed combat at the moment.
We had a few spare crossbows lying around, so to assist in the battle against the undead, I ordered a few hunters to start shooting the zombies nearest the gate, through some newly carved forifications.
A mason was taken by a fey mood today. Fortunately, he did not demand anything outrageous, and kept his sanity as he created Relieveflowers the haunt of fungi, a phyllite armor stand.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
A tragedy has occurred. While the new marksdwarf squad was attempting to clear out the zombies at our gates, the front door was left open. One of the marksdwarves died, but his lost life allowed us to correct the error without losing the whole fortress.
The undead siege is officially over. A brief review of loses for both sides:
~40 zombies captured/slain
2 necromancers captured
1 dwarf killed

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: September 20, 2013, 09:13:47 pm »

Hmm. Maybe these necromancers ARE haxxors, after all.
Anyway, onto the tale...
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The Book of Shadow
Chapter 1: Besieged
Well. Today Highmax called me to his office. I was worried that he was unhappy with my trading work, before the undead siege, but to my surprise, he just promoted me to overseer! I was somewhat surprised, but promised to do my best.
I decided to begin weapons training today. Unfortunately, the fort’s only anvil was left outside, and we have no spare metal weapons, so I am just working on unarmed combat at the moment.
We had a few spare crossbows lying around, so to assist in the battle against the undead, I ordered a few hunters to start shooting the zombies nearest the gate, through some newly carved forifications.
A mason was taken by a fey mood today. Fortunately, he did not demand anything outrageous, and kept his sanity as he created Relieveflowers the haunt of fungi, a phyllite armor stand.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
A tragedy has occurred. While the new marksdwarf squad was attempting to clear out the zombies at our gates, the front door was left open. One of the marksdwarves died, but his lost life allowed us to correct the error without losing the whole fortress.
The undead siege is officially over. A brief review of loses for both sides:
~40 zombies captured/slain
2 necromancers captured
1 dwarf killed

The forge is smack dab in the middle of the bottom workshops room. I bought most of those anvils for melting down, cause steel is our only source of good armor. It also pisses me off that this entire world HAS NO IRON IN IT. It makes it impossible to get steel without melting it down from anvils and the like.

Jee wilikers, I think Highmax is near invulnerable, must have been dunked in the river styx like achilles was.

danmanthedog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: September 21, 2013, 08:52:26 am »

"The undead has left us alone for now, but It seems that shadowhammer has taken of as overseer. I wonder if will be the one to find the rare iron. The miners also said they found the iron of the gods Adamantine, knowing all to well what it brings I ask snow to not to mine it just yet. I also wonder if Shadohammer's fear of the warthog has gone?"

ShadowHammer

• Bay Watcher
  • God is love.
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: September 21, 2013, 08:11:35 pm »

Chapter 2: The arming of Fliermanor
The anvil was finally retrieved from outside, allowing us to make some proper armor. Next time the enemy comes to our gates, we will be prepared.
Some migrants have finally arrived! They have few useful skills, but any extra labor is good.
I am attempting to make a training room, with a necromancer raising weak zombies repeatedly for the soldiers to fight, but I’m afraid the next overseer will not pay enough attention to it, which could cause a catastrophe.
Our brethren have arrived, bringing wagons full of much needed goods. Something else arrived with them, though…

It will be a race to see who can reach the gates first.
Well that was anticlimactic. The zombies rushed the caravan’s armed guards one by one, completely disorganized, and were slaughtered. We have begun trading, and obtained some steel items to be melted for weapons and armor.
I designated the steel goods to be melted, but it turned out we had no coal. I immediately detailed a dwarf to wood burning duty.
I have finally been outfitted with proper steel armor, and the arming of the rest of the military has begun. With our severely limited steel supply, we are going with bare bones equipment: chain leggings and a breastplate for each soldier.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2013, 11:08:10 am by ShadowHammer »

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: September 21, 2013, 09:50:40 pm »

Chapter 2: The arming of FliermanorThe anvil was finally retrieved from outside, allowing us to make some proper armor. Next time the enemy comes to our gates, we will be prepared.
Some migrants have finally arrived! They have few useful skills, but any extra labor is good.
I am attempting to make a training room, with a necromancer raising weak zombies repeatedly for the soldiers to fight, but I’m afraid the next overseer will not pay enough attention to it, which could cause a catastrophe.
Our brethren have arrived, bringing wagons full of much needed goods. Something else arrived with them, though…

It will be a race to see who can reach the gates first.
Well that was anticlimactic. The zombies rushed the caravan’s armed guards one by one, completely disorganized, and were slaughtered. We have begun trading, and obtained some steel items to be melted for weapons and armor.
I designated the steel goods to be melted, but it turned out we had no coal. I immediately detailed a dwarf to wood burning duty.
I have finally been outfitted with proper steel armor, and the arming of the rest of the military has begun. With our severely limited steel supply, we are going with bare bones equipment: chain leggings and a breastplate for each soldier.

Wow, you're almost done the year? That was pretty quick

ShadowHammer

• Bay Watcher
  • God is love.
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: September 22, 2013, 11:07:44 am »

Chapter 3: The last pages
The voices are whispering to me… they show me visions of a great work of art. It is wooden, like the disgusting work of the elves, and yet… it will be able to store beer! I cannot refuse their requests… I have begun sketching… a forest, a quarry, gems, leather… I must have them… I must have them…

This barrel is every bit as incredible as my visions made it seem. It is a great looking alcohol storage container! What could be better?
I have finally overcome my misgivings about the zombie training room. I myself tested it first, and it works amazingly well.
OOC: one small, unintended side effect:

That was after like 5 minutes.
The goblins have attacked for the first time. A group of snatchers snuck through the tall grass surrounding the fortress. One was caught in a trap, but another had enough time to kill one of the fortress’s children and escape without being caught. This means war!
Shortly after the snatchers appeared, a small ambush leaped from hiding, shooting one farmer before they were captured in the cage traps. Sadly, closer inspection of the corpse revealed that it was none other than blademan999. He will be missed. A single archer escaped, no doubt fleeing back to his dark fortress to bring tidings of the fierce dwarves of Fliermanor.
I have begun to realize why Highmax passed the crown of leadership onto me: this job is very taxing, both physically and emotionally. I am thinking of passing on the title of overseer. Wolfbane has been showing very good leadership skills lately. I shall summon him to my office at once, and then turn my whole attention to weapons training.
OOC: lol can the next overseer get me a new practice dummy? I think I broke my current one.

« Last Edit: September 22, 2013, 11:30:37 am by ShadowHammer »
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 39