Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 114

Author Topic: Spacegineers... Spengineers... Space-Genners... SPACE ENGINEERS!  (Read 227056 times)

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
Re: Spacegineers... Spengineers... Space-Genners... SPACE ENGINEERS!
« Reply #120 on: April 06, 2014, 05:49:27 pm »

I was thinking something similar...I would love to do some sort of team game with this.
Done in survival mode, I think it'd be amazing.  We could really see the difference between being able to scavenge materials, and the value of stealing whole ships for the loot.  Kept up in the same game, we could see some interesting economics.

dennislp3

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: April 06, 2014, 06:39:08 pm »

Sounds like we need about 6-14 more people :D

Glloyd

• Bay Watcher
  • Against the Tide
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: April 06, 2014, 06:54:13 pm »

I just bought this, so I'd be willing to give it a shot if we had a server.

Mullet Master

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: April 06, 2014, 07:05:55 pm »

I've played this game TOO MUCH this weekend. I have had a lot of fun in survival mode, but I think there needs to be quite a few gameplay changes before everyone really rolls out in MP.

1) Crafting takes too long. If you have every resource in hand, the most basic miner ship takes 30 minutes for one person to do.
2) Refining takes too long. Even at 10x refining speed, it took my refiner something like 40-50 minutes real time to smelt a stack of roughly 8k nickel.

Assembly speed is almost correct at 10x. Otherwise, you'll be waiting all day for stuff to get made.

Some questions I have -

Has anyone seen asteroids regenerate? I have lost several tunnels before with no reason why. And don't say, "You just got lost and couldn't find them" - this was near my station entrance. There is NO WAY I could have lost track of where the entrance was.

I hate the cargo ships. I've successfully claimed quite a few, but it's a pain in the butt and you better be on a server with zero lag. I think they could find a better way to do this in the future and let them be stopped. Maybe a mini game or something, rather than trying to hijack on the fly. Has anyone had any luck? Has anyone taken a Private Sail successfully?

dennislp3

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: April 06, 2014, 08:16:15 pm »

I have lost tunnels in the same manner before as well...

as for the times...that to me seems fitting for multiplayer...idk I prefer slower paced stuff...I didn't really like minecraft cause it took a VERY short amount of time to get all the best stuff and then it was just like being in creative mode...which I didn't care for. Also makes multiplayer make sense and be of actual use. It seems more realistic and survival like if it actually take 2-3 people to build a ship quickly

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: April 06, 2014, 08:28:31 pm »

I think the time of welding parts would make more sense if you could attach existing ships together.  If that were in, we could repair damage to ships by stealing an enemy's ship, cutting out a chunk of it, and welding it to the side of the damaged ship.  As it stands, you have to disassemble and reassemble if you want to salvage a wreck.

alway

• Bay Watcher
  • 🏳️‍⚧️
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: April 06, 2014, 09:46:33 pm »

I've played this game TOO MUCH this weekend. I have had a lot of fun in survival mode, but I think there needs to be quite a few gameplay changes before everyone really rolls out in MP.

1) Crafting takes too long. If you have every resource in hand, the most basic miner ship takes 30 minutes for one person to do.
2) Refining takes too long. Even at 10x refining speed, it took my refiner something like 40-50 minutes real time to smelt a stack of roughly 8k nickel.

Assembly speed is almost correct at 10x. Otherwise, you'll be waiting all day for stuff to get made.

Some questions I have -

Has anyone seen asteroids regenerate? I have lost several tunnels before with no reason why. And don't say, "You just got lost and couldn't find them" - this was near my station entrance. There is NO WAY I could have lost track of where the entrance was.

I hate the cargo ships. I've successfully claimed quite a few, but it's a pain in the butt and you better be on a server with zero lag. I think they could find a better way to do this in the future and let them be stopped. Maybe a mini game or something, rather than trying to hijack on the fly. Has anyone had any luck? Has anyone taken a Private Sail successfully?
You could just make more refineries. Though I've never really had an issue with that so far; you can shove in tons of ore, then just walk away with no further input and it will process without bothering you. Usually, I just go back to mining or such while it processes my previous load and it finishes before I return with more.

I'm not sure what it is asteroids do, but it's weird. I saw a roid made of tons of iron and gold just up and decide to turn into a completely barren rock. I've also seen the asteroids fall and hit them, creating craters and apparently leaving some minerals behind which weren't there before. So yeah, weirdness. Cargo ships are pretty easy in solo mode at least. The trick is to turn off your inertial dampeners (z key) and match speed. Pretty easy. Only thing you have to look out for is buggy physics that may instagib you on occasion. Haven't tried in MP yet though.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: April 06, 2014, 09:59:22 pm »

If I can actually get this I will be in this.
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

Mech#4

• Bay Watcher
  • (ಠ_ృ) Like a sir.
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: April 06, 2014, 10:13:33 pm »

I've got one map with three refineries to smelt resources. Building them on top of the assembly like in the pre-set area means the bars move over to the assembly automatically.

Still, making something like a large engine takes a stupidly huge amount of resources. 950 steel plates or something, along with all the engine parts means mining more holes right through asteroids.
Kaypy:Adamantine in a poorly defended fortress is the royal equivalent of an unclaimed sock on a battlefield.

Here's a thread listing Let's Players found on the internet. Feel free to add.
List of Notable Mods. Feel free to add.

ShadowHammer

• Bay Watcher
  • God is love.
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: April 06, 2014, 11:11:16 pm »

If I can actually get this I will be in this.
Same for me, but I don't expect to be able to get it anytime soon.

Ruskin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: April 07, 2014, 02:53:12 am »

I can host a server if there's enough demand for it

How many people would we have interested?

EDIT

Kinda short notice but space engineers is on sale on steam for the next six and a half hours
« Last Edit: April 07, 2014, 05:12:43 am by Ruskin »

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: April 07, 2014, 10:45:48 am »

I think we're in the order of ~6 people interested right now.

Morrigi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: April 07, 2014, 12:26:46 pm »

I think we're in the order of ~6 people interested right now.
Cthulhu 2016! No lives matter! No more years! Awaken that which slumbers in the deep!

Drakale

• Bay Watcher
  • I will get my revenge~
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: April 07, 2014, 01:44:32 pm »

8, Count me in.

I really hope you can save a blueprint of your ships at some point for easy reloading and exporting.

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: April 07, 2014, 01:46:09 pm »

Sounds like we need to get organized, then...  First determine who's hosting, then... schoolyard style?  Two captains, and we pick our crew from the lot?  We'll spend a day or two collecting and building, and then agree to a combat at a location.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 114