Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 58

Author Topic: D&D 3.5 PbP: River of Death  (Read 82713 times)

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
Re: D&D 3.5 PbP: River of Death
« Reply #165 on: October 23, 2013, 04:09:00 am »

@Lawas: I would say we could use another guy in melee-we've only got two guys who aren't also some sort of hybrid. So I'd go Swashbucklery.

Edit: I would note, though, the OP directly states we're going to be splitting up alot. So don't really base it on the 'ideal' of having all our guys doing one thing.
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Harbingerjm

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTROPY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: October 23, 2013, 04:24:46 am »

TN gives good advice.

Also, in a campaign called river of death, did anyone else put ranks into swimming like me? :P
I took Aquatic.
Be prepaaaared!

On the feats front, I have Able Learner (I could have gone with Bardic Knack+Jack of All Trades, but eh...) and Melodic Casting. Since no flaws, I'll probably have to skip Aquatic Spellcasting and get Practised Spellcasting later, but such is life.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2013, 04:32:51 am by Harbingerjm »
15:35   HugoLuman reads Harb his secret spaghetti recipe

Grek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: October 23, 2013, 04:37:40 am »

Just a heads up: If you end up in the river, you will probably be more worried about the things in the water (crocodiles, piranha, horrible diseases) than about making your swim check.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: October 23, 2013, 04:42:51 am »

On that note, my marching order is second from the back, and if I'm attacked close up I summon an animal to fight alongside my companion. My augment summoning should give them a boost.
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: October 23, 2013, 05:22:01 am »

TN gives good advice.

Also, in a campaign called river of death, did anyone else put ranks into swimming like me? :P
Tis why I have +9 to swim.

Harbingerjm

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTROPY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: October 23, 2013, 05:43:36 am »

Argh. I want to take Master Linguist but dropping either of my current feats for it would be pretty terrible. Choices, choices! And I still haven't even bought gear yet! ARGH!
At least Spell Selection was fairly easy for once =S

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: October 23, 2013, 06:00:27 am »

Ok, I have done feats and skills, but have another skill question. I’m taking three knowledges. One is history. What should the other two be? This is mostly for character flavour I suppose. I want it to kind of include folklore and folksongs, or the customs of tribes he wants to catalogue. I don’t know how to represent that.

Partly my vision for him includes being a kind of nineteenth century “philosopher” i.e. interested in stuff like botany and lots of things, like a Fellow of the Royal Society.

So, if I chose as the remaining two knowledges, “folklore” and “nature”, would that 1/ be like the above and 2/ actually be useful?

http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=688181

Harbingerjm

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTROPY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: October 23, 2013, 06:05:26 am »

There's a list of Knowledge skills here, that covers what they are useful for. Just don't forget that you also have Bardic Knowledge, which is handy for a lot of things (and gets a synergy bonus from Knowledge(History)).
Folklore would probably be covered under Local.

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: October 23, 2013, 06:41:57 am »

Thank you.

It seems I have 2215 GP to spend and no idea what to spend it on.

My first thought was put it behind the bar for a team bonding night, but perhaps someone has a better idea?

http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=688181

Also if anyone could look over my sheet and tell me what is wrong or bad (I haven't even stared on the texty background bits yet...)

Harbingerjm

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTROPY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: October 23, 2013, 06:54:22 am »

You might want to look into getting some magic gear? And you should probably grab some rope, you might want some more food, and a waterskin or two are likely to be very useful given the river is apparently full of badness.
Also, note "Different characters may want different outfits for various occasions. A beginning character is assumed to have an artisan’s, entertainer’s, explorer’s, monk’s, peasant’s, scholar’s, or traveler’s outfit. This first outfit is free and does not count against the amount of weight a character can carry." (Player Handbook, page 131).

Also also, we might want to pool some party money and grab a Keelboat, possibly with some cages aboard for getting wildlife samples.

And as far as your skill point section is concerned, if you clear out the points in it, fix the class skill count, and then re-add the points it will make it a lot easier to manage.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2013, 07:02:25 am by Harbingerjm »

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: October 23, 2013, 07:13:32 am »

I like it, it looks good thank you. She was meant to have black hair though rather than brown hair

Slightly less terrible.
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: October 23, 2013, 07:25:48 am »

if you clear out the points in it, fix the class skill count, and then re-add the points it will make it a lot easier to manage.

I... don't really know what you mean, I'm afraid. Particularly by "fix the class skill count".

I would be happy to share in a boat.

Harbingerjm

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTROPY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: October 23, 2013, 07:40:58 am »

if you clear out the points in it, fix the class skill count, and then re-add the points it will make it a lot easier to manage.

I... don't really know what you mean, I'm afraid. Particularly by "fix the class skill count".
Currently, your skill point count is listed as 120, but you have your own note saying 60. That's because currently it thinks you are buying all your skills cross-class, ie at twice the price, represented by the fact that they have a tick in the "CC" column box. If you mouse over the black "Skills" header at the top, you can Auto-Fill, Update CC or Clear. If you hit "Update CC" it will automatically update the list to reflect what skills are actually Class Skills for you, which means that any skills ranks you add will only add 1 to your skill point count (though you will need to remove and re-add the ones you've already added). It makes managing them much easier.

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: October 23, 2013, 07:49:17 am »

Ah... I might have done that a bit backwards. Or even completely backwards.

I'll be happy to put in €500 for a boat, or even €1000 since I can't think of anything magic to buy.

I've bought 10 gallons of ale to stash in the hold.

edit: is Bracers of armor +1 or cloak of resistance +1 likely to be more useful?

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: October 23, 2013, 08:11:38 am »

@Lawas: Bracelets of Armor won't stack with your normal armor, tho-it's the same bonus. Casters and such who need to avoid spell loss penalties can use bracers, instead of armor. Or cast Mage Armor.

Stuff like amulet of natural armor would stack, but goes for $2000

A cloak of resistance is always a good buy. I took one myself.
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 58