Drink the Kool Aid
- 6 (17.1%)
Groovy
- 3 (8.6%)
Insane in the membrane
- 3 (8.6%)

Total Members Voted: 35

Pages: 1 ... 393 394 [395] 396 397 ... 521

Author Topic: Special People: Mechanical Syndrome  (Read 1092433 times)

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
Re: Special People: Wacky Death Rave
« Reply #5910 on: March 25, 2016, 11:11:19 pm »

"So was murdering those scouts that had no gripe with us."
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #5911 on: March 25, 2016, 11:23:04 pm »

"To be fair, they did attempt to murder Nikki first. Besides, I only killed like one wizard, maybe like one or two other guys, depending on how you count it. Rest was mostly their own work and some kind of sabotage. Honestly, the whole affair reminded me of a certain previous altercation which I hope I need not remind you of."

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5912 on: March 26, 2016, 12:18:46 am »

"Then why do you want to go to the Dragon's hole if not to murder an innocent being and loot his home?"
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

DarkArtemisFowl

• Bay Watcher
  • Worlds together, worlds apart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5913 on: March 26, 2016, 12:40:10 am »

"Irine, stop being accusatory. Ike and Nikolai ran away because they didn't want to risk being caught at the general's house. I don't think they went out of their way to just kill people. That would have helped nobody. The point of the Dragon's hole is that we might be able to find something, and if not, then we wouldn't have lost much time to go to the pass." Zechariah looks toward Ike. "Ike is very.. apathetic sometimes, but he's not senseless. Neither of them, Nikolai nor Ike, would risk our mission - and their rewards from the mission - just for blood. We're not enemies, we're supposed to be allies; if we are to survive, that's how we'll have to work.

"I still think that going through the Dragon's Lair, looking around, and then going to the pass is the safest option. I don't think we'll be particularly hurt by doing so. If you have fears about Ike killing people, we will all be there to protect and manage each other."

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5914 on: March 26, 2016, 01:07:17 am »

"Not unless you can give at least one reason to go there beyond 'because we can'. We could find something out by going back to the City we started in too. maybe. Just 'there might be something' with no reason to actually think there is something there is not a real reason."

DarkArtemisFowl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5915 on: March 26, 2016, 01:34:12 am »

"We wouldn't go back to the City because it's far more complex of a target and could potentially be populated by guards. We're not exactly on friendly terms with the guards right now, so that's why we wouldn't go back there. The Dragon's lair, on the other hand, isn't likely to have guards. May it have people or beasts that want to kill us? Probably. But the area will be more secluded and out of the way. We'll get time to rest if we need to. It's still on the way to the pass, we're not in a hurry, and we may just find some things or information that will be useful to us. Do I have any guarantee about that? No. But I'd rather do that than find out later that we need to waste triple the time to check that area again for something we missed."

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5916 on: March 26, 2016, 02:02:29 am »

"So in other words, you don't have a single reason to go there, just excuses for why it isn't a bad place to go. I never said it was a bad place to go. It's just the wrong way and we have no reason to go there. Waste your time if you want, but I won't be with you when you do."

DarkArtemisFowl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5917 on: March 26, 2016, 02:22:05 am »

Zechariah sighs with frustration. "Why are you so adamant about this? What time will we be wasting there? We'll still be able to get to the Nether Pass from there without doubling back. If we don't find anything when we get through the Pass, then what?" He looks down at the ground, raises a hand to his face, and waves away.

"I'm not going to argue for the sake of arguing. If you're really that confident that it's not worth it, then let's just go to the pass."

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5918 on: March 26, 2016, 02:29:23 am »

"Because you can make that excuse for every single physically possible detour. If there's something to learn or gain, then sure, why not? But the only reason to go there is Ike wants to meet a dragon. We aren't looking for a dragon. That's a town named after a dragon that's been there a long time. Even if our target could be mistaken for a dragon, it wouldn't be there because it hasn't been here long enough for the town to be named after it. After we've completed our objective, then if people want to sightsee there's no reason not to. I'll be fine with going there after we either get a reason to go there, or we complete our mission, or even if we just are forced to stop for a while and are in the area. But now? No."

DarkArtemisFowl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5919 on: March 26, 2016, 02:41:18 am »

Zechariah leans on his staff and exhales. After a few moments, he nods and says, "I understand. We should go to Nether Pass."

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #5920 on: March 26, 2016, 07:54:32 am »

The voice in Irine's mind gives his opinion to her:
<I know my opinion doesn't hold much weight since I'm just a voice in your head, but I don't see why we shouldn't take a route that's a bit longer but also safer. It's not like you've been doing very good so far, what with so many brushes with death. And hey, if we're lucky, River will die on the way and we won't even have to reach the end of this journey.
On the other hand, with your luck, every moment you spend here is deadly, so, you know... maybe which way you go doesn't make that much of a difference in the end.>

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #5921 on: March 26, 2016, 08:32:24 am »

"Theri? Zech? Do either of you have any input to give on this?"
"I think we should trust our host and continue along the path marked by him." Theri replied, heavily implying that she was voting against Ike's proposal after a long period of silence and letting everyone else speak.

"Besides that, Irine has a good point. We're more topographically sure about one location than the other, and as an aside, I can make a good scout and take a day or so ahead of the rest of you to check the path. Next is River; we need him, he needs us, we have no idea where he is, he supposedly is going to the place we most likely knew. Which isn't in your suggestion, Ike. I apologize."

Act as forward scout either way; really vote heading along with Irine's choice.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5922 on: March 26, 2016, 12:14:12 pm »

When D said his piece to me my stance shifted from the defiant one I'd had earlier to first closing my eyes tightly, and then my muscles relaxing and my overall posture drooping, but before I could speak up, Theri cast her vote.

<Y-you're a lot more than that D. You're huge, universe-spanning huge. But more importantly, you're my links. All of them. You matter a ton to me.>
I hold on to D through our linkage, effectively hugging him / sending him some of my strength.
<I... I don't know how to back down now, not after everything I said, and getting people to agree with me. Theri even made a good point about finding River. I... I don't know what to do.>

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #5923 on: March 28, 2016, 12:07:23 am »

<Hehe. Yeah, I know, I'm awesome. But even so, to you, I might as well be just a voice in your head. And you're not that bad yourself. So, you know, be cool and do what you think is best for you and your friends. I'm with you either way.>

((Sorry. Haven't had much time. Unless there are objections, I'll get you going towards wherever you voted to go (which seems to be the eastern road), once I'm done with starting the other mission.

Fun fact: One of my parents is from a village whose name translates to Dragon's hole. So I've based the name and look of the surrounding area on that small village. It was always fun listening to the stories old people would say about that place.))

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #5924 on: April 02, 2016, 02:00:26 am »

((No objections here :) Please enjoy your rest days Parisbre/everyone else!))
Pages: 1 ... 393 394 [395] 396 397 ... 521