Drink the Kool Aid
- 6 (17.1%)
Groovy
- 3 (8.6%)
Insane in the membrane
- 3 (8.6%)

Total Members Voted: 35

Pages: 1 ... 392 393 [394] 395 396 ... 521

Author Topic: Special People: Mechanical Syndrome  (Read 1092388 times)

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
Re: Special People: Wacky Death Rave
« Reply #5895 on: March 25, 2016, 05:28:12 pm »

"Still a point of interest. What we're looking for is basically a dragon, after all. Or something that might be interested in binding itself to/eating a dragon. Why do you think what we're looking for is at Nether Pass, aside from 'it's the furthest thing on the map, so the rules of gamey narrative demand we explore that-a-way'? There's no reason to think it's anywhere. We have two leads, both roughly as good. This way we explore them both."

"Besides, not sure if you've noticed, but magical dragonloot wouldn't go amiss in our party of largely ill-equipped dumbasses. While hoping that Alan nukes the shit out of everything has worked out perfectly thus far, not sure that'll work on the final boss."

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5896 on: March 25, 2016, 05:47:01 pm »

"We have a time-sensitive last-known-location that points nowhere near there, and you want to waste time going to sate your greed because it *might* want to kill the nearest big thing. That's not even remotely as good of a lead. that's a pointless wild guess that we can follow up after we run out of actual leads. The dragon isn't going anywhere."
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5897 on: March 25, 2016, 05:48:28 pm »

"Might have gone somewhere already. Didn't the guy say it had gone quiet as of late?"

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5898 on: March 25, 2016, 06:15:26 pm »

"His 'of late' was in reference to recent years, not recent days. So, maybe, but we have no evidence yet. and even if it has left, we could find evidence there to show where it's going."
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5899 on: March 25, 2016, 06:25:10 pm »

"I'm actually not sure what time frames we're dealing with on this entity bullshit. I think I asked at some point, but I forgot the exact answer. In any case, I guess you've got a bit of a point in that River did have a good feeling about the pass, though who knows if that's a very accurate hint."

"However, in the interests of fairness I'll still defer to Alan's judgment. What say you, Alan? Shall we go southeast, or east? Southeast's got a further-away town, but it's got a more pleasant climate and it's presumably not where these guards we killed were from. East's got a close-by town, but we can't visit the dragon's hole on the way. We'll probably find River's Great Enemy at the end either way. Or not, depending on how wrong we are on our collective guesses."

Obtain Alan's input on this crucial decision.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2016, 06:29:15 pm by Harry Baldman »

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5900 on: March 25, 2016, 06:53:30 pm »

"Um, you want Alan to be a voice of reason. Yeah... no. Ike, I'm not voting on this, here's what's happening. I'm going to go towards our actual objective. You either are or aren't going to go with me. If I have to solo it, then I guess I'll be razing the pass to the ground."
"Theri? Zech? Do either of you have any input to give on this?"
« Last Edit: March 25, 2016, 07:42:32 pm by Lenglon »

DarkArtemisFowl

• Bay Watcher
  • Worlds together, worlds apart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5901 on: March 25, 2016, 07:51:20 pm »

((Busyness does not make for a quick-to-respond DAF. Or a normal-response DAF. Or even a late-response DAF...))

"No, nobody's going solo on this. It was already bad enough before when we split up. Nikolai got killed because of it. We're already fragile as we are. We don't need to make things harder for ourselves. We can't be establishing pointless divisions between ourselves either. We have to agree on something. It's not like we're in an urgent hurry, anyway.

I think that going with Ike's idea might be the best. We don't need to be faster than we can carry ourselves, and we might find more clues as to where we're really supposed to go with the Dragon's Lair. If not, it doesn't hurt us that much anyway. It's still on the way to the pass. We don't need to kill, or steal, or do any of that at the Dragon's Lair. Besides, if there's something we can figure out at the Lair, it will take us even longer to get back there if we go through the Pass first. Going through the Dragon's Lair first isn't as drastic."

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5902 on: March 25, 2016, 08:33:34 pm »

"What could we possibly find there? There is zero evidence our quarry is there. All we'll do is give it more time to fortify itself."

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #5903 on: March 25, 2016, 08:57:25 pm »

Alan decides to decide based on the best decision-making process.

Spin in circles until I get dizzy, pointing one arm out! Whichever direction I end up pointing in when I fall down and vomit is where we go.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5904 on: March 25, 2016, 09:09:49 pm »

Alan decides to decide based on the best decision-making process.

Spin in circles until I get dizzy, pointing one arm out! Whichever direction I end up pointing in when I fall down and vomit is where we go.

Whichever of the two sensible options he lands closest to, take that one!
« Last Edit: March 25, 2016, 09:18:06 pm by Harry Baldman »

DarkArtemisFowl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5905 on: March 25, 2016, 09:25:25 pm »

"I've no idea, but it doesn't sound like we're guaranteed to find much at the pass, either." Zechariah thinks for a moment. "How urgent is it that we hurry to the pass first? If you think it's crucial that we get there fast in order to find something, then we should go to the pass. Otherwise, the Dragon's Lair offers us more options in the future."

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5906 on: March 25, 2016, 09:44:55 pm »

"I've no idea, but it doesn't sound like we're guaranteed to find much at the pass, either." Zechariah thinks for a moment. "How urgent is it that we hurry to the pass first? If you think it's crucial that we get there fast in order to find something, then we should go to the pass. Otherwise, the Dragon's Lair offers us more options in the future."
"What. Options. It's completely pointless to go there. It has. absolutely. nothing. of value."

DarkArtemisFowl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5907 on: March 25, 2016, 09:54:10 pm »

"We don't know that. We don't know if it could contain the answers or if it's absolutely worthless. The point that I - that Ike - was trying to make was that we would then know what's contained there. If there's nothing, we have a clear path, and that's to the pass. This is assuming, though, that we're not time-critical right now. I need to know whether or not whatever we could find at the pass will be there long. If not, then the pass is the only option. If it will be there for some time, then the Dragon's Lair will be a better path in terms of time usage."

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5908 on: March 25, 2016, 10:39:34 pm »

"We don't know that. We don't know if it could contain the answers or if it's absolutely worthless. The point that I - that Ike - was trying to make was that we would then know what's contained there. If there's nothing, we have a clear path, and that's to the pass. This is assuming, though, that we're not time-critical right now. I need to know whether or not whatever we could find at the pass will be there long. If not, then the pass is the only option. If it will be there for some time, then the Dragon's Lair will be a better path in terms of time usage."
"We don't know if it's time-critical or not. If our arrival has spooked our prey, then we need to get there soonest to find evidence of where it went. If it hasn't, then we still want to arrive there before word of us reaches it. However, yes, our arrival time might not matter. I don't know. I just see delay as a pointless extra risk, and I suspect Ike is going to cause trouble once we're there."

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5909 on: March 25, 2016, 11:09:49 pm »

"Cause trouble? That's a bit uncharitable of you, no?"
Pages: 1 ... 392 393 [394] 395 396 ... 521