Drink the Kool Aid
- 6 (17.1%)
Groovy
- 3 (8.6%)
Insane in the membrane
- 3 (8.6%)

Total Members Voted: 35

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 521

Author Topic: Special People: Mechanical Syndrome  (Read 1089035 times)

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
Re: Special People: An RTD (Treebird Season)
« Reply #120 on: November 12, 2013, 10:07:36 am »

"You mean you aren't a monkey? um...
But anyway, no! I'm not a reptilian anything!"
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: November 12, 2013, 10:10:50 am »

"You mean you aren't a monkey? um...
But anyway, no! I'm not a reptilian anything!"

"I'm even less of a monkey than a chimpanzee, so yes. And what are you, then, if not a reptilian overlord?"

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: November 12, 2013, 10:14:27 am »

I look down uneasily.
"Um... I... I... I don't like answering that question. people get all weird when I do that, and try to take advantage of me all the time."
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: November 12, 2013, 10:18:56 am »

I look down uneasily.
"Um... I... I... I don't like answering that question. people get all weird when I do that, and try to take advantage of me all the time."

"Then I have no other choice than to assume that you are indeed a reptilian overlord, do I?"

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: November 12, 2013, 10:20:55 am »

"But I'm not! aren't there lots of other things you could assume too? You're just being mean because you know you're bugging me!"

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: November 12, 2013, 10:27:37 am »

"But I'm not! aren't there lots of other things you could assume too? You're just being mean because you know you're bugging me!"

"That is most incorrect! I assume that you're a reptilian overlord simply because you smell a lot like one should. Can you shapeshift, by any chance?"

DarkArtemisFowl

• Bay Watcher
  • Worlds together, worlds apart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: November 12, 2013, 10:32:25 am »

Zechariah was amused at the conversations taking place. This wasn't THAT bad after all. He took a sip of apple juice from his plastic rectangular flask bag. It was indeed good.

It was also good that these people get friendly with each other. That made it easier to work together under times of stress. He'll probably even get more friendly with Jordan later if he forgot the mercenary fact.

And Angel was, of course, a nice girl. The... the reptile and the three-tailed people weren't bad either.
Zechariah just hoped that everything would go smoothly. Knowing the terror of this game, though, it wouldn't be smooth at all.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: November 12, 2013, 10:33:12 am »

"Um, mine works differently than most..."

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: November 12, 2013, 10:47:34 am »

"Um, mine works differently than most..."

"How so?"

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: November 12, 2013, 10:49:42 am »

"well, um, most true shapechangers use biochemical energy to release a series of enzymes that react with their base genetic code to reverse the differentiation of the majority of their cells then re-differentiate them based on either an imprinted or aquired secondary genetic sequence, right? Well, um, instead I use an affinity resonance to react with environmental thermal energy and convert through it from one recorded state into another. It works completely different!"

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: November 12, 2013, 11:01:17 am »

"well, um, most true shapechangers use biochemical energy to release a series of enzymes that react with their base genetic code to reverse the differentiation of the majority of their cells then re-differentiate them based on either an imprinted or aquired secondary genetic sequence, right? Well, um, instead I use an affinity resonance to react with environmental thermal energy and convert through it from one recorded state into another. It works completely different!"

"Both of those sound like stupid sciency word-things meant to try and explain what is clearly voodoo magic, so it sounds rather the same to me either way."

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: November 12, 2013, 11:03:52 am »

"But it's not! I don't make myself into some icky, gooey mass of EWWW while I'm changing! they do!"

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: November 12, 2013, 11:05:23 am »

"But it's not! I don't make myself into some icky, gooey mass of EWWW while I'm changing! they do!"

"Instead you're a nasty, blinding fog of OWWW, I assume?"

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: November 12, 2013, 11:06:47 am »

"HEY! that's not nice! and it's not my fault if you don't know that fire is hot! I didn't make you or anything!"

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
  • if you must die, die spectacularly
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: November 12, 2013, 11:10:01 am »

"Does the difference between your shapeshifting technique and other shapeshifters have any difference when things come to shove, though? I doubt whether or not you're forming into a gas or an organic mass really matters practically. I generally find that differences in magic technique are all well and good, but really all that matters is practicality. It's like asking whether a baseball bat breaks people's bones or snaps them: there's no difference, it's just factoids. Besides, most shapeshifters I've dealt with usually modify their auric signature to fit their needs. Though generally that means you can only modify yourself so much before you snap back to your usual shape."
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 521