Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10

Author Topic: Necrochambers-RM(The Fell Fortress has Risen again!)  (Read 9814 times)

peregarrett

• Bay Watcher
  • Гномовержец Enjoyed throwing someone recently
    • View Profile
Re: Necrochambers-RM
« Reply #30 on: November 14, 2013, 03:02:21 pm »

Hooray! We've got a huge wave of migrants! Now we're at 70 population level. Unfortunately, we didn't buy anything from traders. Everyone was soo fucking busy with storing stuff... We're out of drinks and the only food supply we have is animals. Good thing that migrants always bring animals.

And an engraver of newcomers got fey mood. Also a thief was spotted. Two thiefs, both escaped.
Did you know that the Russian word for "sock" is "no sock"?
I just saw a guy with two broken legs push a minecart with a corpse in it. Yeah.

Geallen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 14, 2013, 04:30:41 pm »

70!? Dwarves are really gullable, I can imagine the debacle that occurred with the vikings back in Greenland repeating it self. Outside of the damned ground Necrochambers, the kingdoms are trying to stop the evil from spreading. So to their peasents and adventurer's alike they tell them of Silverchambers the land where silver can be found on the ground a plenty. Promptly being shipped off into great pilgrmages to assist the inital scouting parties of 7 dwarves!

Keep on doing what dwarves do, and godsend.  :'(

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
  • I think this is what they call a tantrum spiral...
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 14, 2013, 06:42:28 pm »

70!? Dwarves are really gullable, I can imagine the debacle that occurred with the vikings back in Greenland repeating it self. Outside of the damned ground Necrochambers, the kingdoms are trying to stop the evil from spreading. So to their peasents and adventurer's alike they tell them of Silverchambers the land where silver can be found on the ground a plenty. Promptly being shipped off into great pilgrmages to assist the inital scouting parties of 7 dwarves!

Keep on doing what dwarves do, and godsend.  :'(
Would it be Platinumchambers?
just shot him with a balistic arrow, i think he will get stuned from that >.>

"Guardian" and Sigfriend Of Necrothreat
Jee wilikers, I think Highmax is near invulnerable, must have been dunked in the river styx like achilles was.
Just make sure he wears a boot.

Geallen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 14, 2013, 07:14:52 pm »

Probably better for the analogy, since there is no platinum! At least from what I've seen.

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 14, 2013, 07:55:28 pm »

Probably better for the analogy, since there is no platinum! At least from what I've seen.
I haven't seen it, so I can't say...

Maybe Lifechambers since greenland wasn't green and Lifechambers has no life?

Jee wilikers, I think Highmax is near invulnerable, must have been dunked in the river styx like achilles was.

BlackMuffin

• Bay Watcher
  • One notable kill: Himself
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 14, 2013, 08:29:48 pm »

Well, they did the whole Greenlad thing to keep people away from Iceland. You'd only be calling it lifechambers to keep it away from a place in a good biome called Necrochambers aka not here.
Mod mod mod the raws!
Mod mod mod the raws!
SAY YES TO SLAVERY
A better fort for you and me!

Geallen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: November 14, 2013, 11:18:21 pm »

Not really, the original name of the land is Necrochambers. It doesn't mean outside of the place, that people call it that. The same could've been said about Greenland back then. So the analogy would still make sense.

peregarrett

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: November 15, 2013, 01:23:55 am »

back to the story, engraver has made a tetrahedrite toy axe and from now on our slabs will be masterfully engraved.
And the shortage of food  turned into total absence of food and drinks. We've milked every capable animal and made cheese, and them we're butchering them. Also farmers massively planting fileds, but we have to wait till they grow. Time to fasten our belts!
Another news - we've found a deep chasm at the avern where that vomit monster wanders. I wish it was an ordinaly huge animal-like beast instead of that disguisting pile of vomit with four legs -animal-like beasts are edible!
Hunters go hunting, but they got nothing but a few ducks. Butchers seem to be sectant of strange duck-haters religion and refuse to butcher those corpses. Hell.
Fishers go fishing and sit around murly pools. Don't know if there's something to catch, but I hope so.
Also we're gathering plants at the soil halls where cave fungus grew.
I just saw a guy with two broken legs push a minecart with a corpse in it. Yeah.

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: November 15, 2013, 08:20:40 am »

Hunters are hunting, fishers are fishing and farmers are farming? Sounds better then "normal" necrochambers

Nidilap

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh boy a Swooooord!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: November 15, 2013, 08:25:32 am »

This is so awesome, could I join?
Nidilap likes Adamantine, Bituminous Coal, Garnets, Cats for their aloofness, Dwarves for their stupidity, and Swords for their Spikes and edges. When possible, he prefers to eat pizza, ramen noodles, and sushi. He absolutely detests elves and spiders. He needs MTN DEW to get through the working day.

A medium- sized creature prone to great ambition, but only when he feels like it.

Geallen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: November 15, 2013, 09:06:56 am »

Nid, not for now, however in the future when the list is shortened perhaps. But feel free to comment!

Also Pere, I had all that going for me as well. For the fishing you get mussels, so make sure you have your fishery on repeat. Other than that. Things seem to be going fine. I had it like this for maybe 3-4 months combined, then the crap started happening.

peregarrett

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: November 15, 2013, 09:22:24 am »

Hunters are hunting, fishers are fishing and farmers are farming? Sounds better then "normal" necrochambers
Others are hunting vermin for food. Does that make it more "normal"?

Also Pere, I had all that going for me as well. For the fishing you get mussels, so make sure you have your fishery on repeat. Other than that. Things seem to be going fine. I had it like this for maybe 3-4 months combined, then the crap started happening.
Dwarf Fortress - where your fort slowly descends into madness because you got too many migrants at once.

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: November 15, 2013, 12:06:49 pm »

Others are hunting vermin for food. Does that make it more "normal"?

Dwarf Fortress - where your fort slowly descends into madness because you got too many migrants at once.
You must create more farms!!!!

Geallen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: November 15, 2013, 12:20:12 pm »

At this point it might be a valid tactic to only make your popultion hit 30, then reject the rest of the migrants. The fact that after every turnover, the wealth keeps piling up, is contributing to the mass Dwarven migrations.

Nidilap

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh boy a Swooooord!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: November 15, 2013, 12:30:25 pm »

Nid, not for now, however in the future when the list is shortened perhaps. But feel free to comment!

Oh well. Keep me posted! I'm like this, so keep up the gory, messy, fun work.
Nidilap likes Adamantine, Bituminous Coal, Garnets, Cats for their aloofness, Dwarves for their stupidity, and Swords for their Spikes and edges. When possible, he prefers to eat pizza, ramen noodles, and sushi. He absolutely detests elves and spiders. He needs MTN DEW to get through the working day.

A medium- sized creature prone to great ambition, but only when he feels like it.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10