Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 ... 109

Author Topic: Hearthstone TCG - And the card goes wild! Goodnight Doctor Boom.  (Read 153527 times)

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
Re: Hearthstone TCG - The Reign of Dr. Boom
« Reply #495 on: July 23, 2015, 09:17:55 am »

That's not really true, Ysera is still good and pretty commonly played in Control Warrior.  That's mainly because it's a 4/12 that you can play after your opponent has been forced to use all their removal though.

frostshotgg

• Bay Watcher
  • It was a ruse
    • View Profile
« Reply #496 on: July 23, 2015, 09:27:29 am »

Yeah, Ysera sees some play. She's not super popular, but then she never has been. All things considered, she's more playable now than she has been a long time because Thaurissan can make her a lot more flexible.

wereboar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #497 on: July 23, 2015, 12:01:57 pm »

I don't think it will be too hard to proc it a lot (3-4 times).  Once you put in your Hunter's Mark, Tracking, Quick Shot, 3 secrets, Lock and Load, Kill Command, Unleash the Hounds and Animal Companion that's already over half your deck, and you could easily add in something like Flare or even Call Pet if you want more consistency (since 2 mana cyclers are fairly playable in combo decks anyway).
Putting in useless cards like Flare or Call Pet just to proc a bad card so it does not suck too much? Good idea.
LaL doesn't grant you an extra card. It just clogs your hand and gives you a chance under certain circumstances to exchange it for a random hunter card. And you have to pay two mana too. That's just bad.
Circumstances under which you play more than one other spell with LaL are very scarce. Remember your last game as a hunter when you played two spells in one turn and still had two mana to spare. That's not feasible.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #498 on: July 23, 2015, 12:20:27 pm »

They're not going to be scarce because you'll be specifically aiming to storm off with this card.  You aren't casting it at random times.  You can't just throw it into any old Hunter deck and expect it to be good, but Hunter actually has very good tools to use it in a dedicated deck.

It's similar to the storm cards in Magic: the Gathering, that are very bad if you're trying to use them fairly but completely broken if you build a deck around them.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2015, 12:25:25 pm by Leafsnail »

ZebioLizard2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #499 on: July 23, 2015, 12:32:15 pm »

Some new cards got shown, I plan to use Silver Hand Regent in a nice Paladin deck.

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #500 on: July 23, 2015, 12:32:32 pm »

Putting in useless cards like Flare or Call Pet just to proc a bad card so it does not suck too much? Good idea.
You know what other card is useless at first glance? Preperation. It's completely useless on it's own yet completely bonkers if you're trying to do broken things. (unlike something like Innervate which is just broken by itself, no matter what deck you put it in).

And believe, Lock and Load is a very unfair card.

I'm not saying you'll definitely want to be playing Flare and Call Pet (although Flare as a 1-of sounds completely reasonably in a LaL deck) but it's still something to test out.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #501 on: July 23, 2015, 12:41:10 pm »

The reason why I'd be OK putting a card like Flare or Call Pet in (although I don't think Flare is actually that terrible in the current metagame, it's just that current Hunter decks are too aggressive for it) is that they're good at both finding the combo and being a part of the combo.  It's similar to how Grim Patron has random cyclers.  LaL may not actually be a deck but the card itself is so powerful that I wouldn't be surprised if it finds one eventually.

I also forgot about Arcane Shot.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2015, 12:46:51 pm by Leafsnail »

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #502 on: July 23, 2015, 01:09:48 pm »

Quick Lock and Load deck I made.

Seems like it would... do stuff? :P

Baneling

• Bay Watcher
  • Acid Balloon
    • View Profile
« Reply #503 on: July 23, 2015, 01:23:50 pm »

I had an amazing game with the Sunwell brawl, but I didn't have it recorded. :<

I played Mirror Entity turn 1. The other guy responded with Nozdormu. I beat him 30-0 due to ~the miracle of speed hearthstone~.
I tend to be a stupid person. Expect me to say/do stupid things and we'll probably get along better!

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #504 on: July 23, 2015, 02:40:29 pm »

Ball of Spiders is the best name ever, but at six mana I have to wonder what you'd have to do to make it viable.

It should also probably be like Imp-losion against enemy heroes, because really, what else are you going to do with a Ball of Spiders.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #505 on: July 23, 2015, 03:13:02 pm »

To make it viable you'd have to remove Savannah Highmane from the game.  I think it's actually a lot less bad than it looks though, a 3/3 that draws you 3 cards as it dies doesn't seem like a bad way to refuel in Arena.  Unlike other draw spells you aren't completely ignoring the board for a turn.

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #506 on: July 23, 2015, 03:37:29 pm »

Costing 5 would be a big buff because you could combo it with the charge rhino. Anyone who got that in the Webspinner tavern brawl knows how good mass charge Webspinners are.

frostshotgg

• Bay Watcher
  • It was a ruse
    • View Profile
« Reply #507 on: July 23, 2015, 05:52:57 pm »

Ball of spiders isn't actually as bad of a card as a lot of people make it out to be. It's ungodly bad for tempo, but in terms of value it's excellent. 3 mana is the cost of 3 individual webspinners, and 3 mana is +1 card advantage, and it's +2 card advantage, granted the cards can be relatively poor value, but when you're out of gas, anything to spend mana crystals on is good. The issue is that if you play it you're spending 6 mana for 3/3 of stats in a horrifically bad stat distribution.

Something that's been a trend with the cards revealed so far. They're all glacially slow. Ball of spiders somehow has the dubious honor of being even slower than the former slowest card in the game, Sneed's Old Shredder, which is really goddamn impressive. Inspire as a mechanic is designed to be slow as balls, although Coldarra Drake speeds it up somewhat.

Random thought: Majordomo Mage could actually pull some really degenerate shit. Throw down ice block early, play majordomo on turn 9. Opponent kills it because it's fucking majordomo. Throw down garrison commander, push the button twice, ice block up again.

wereboar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #508 on: July 23, 2015, 06:25:23 pm »

LaL may not actually be a deck but the card itself is so powerful that I wouldn't be surprised if it finds one eventually.
Why? LaL does not win you games. Even in ideal situation it just draws you a bunch of potentially useless cards.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #509 on: July 23, 2015, 07:01:56 pm »

Drawing a whole bunch of cards for 2 mana probably will make you win in Hunter, since the weakness of the class is meant to be that it runs out of stuff to play quickly.  Hunter doesn't actually have that many bad cards compared to other classes, I'd be happy with the vast majority of them.
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 ... 109