Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 32

Author Topic: Iron Diadem, Night One: Things Said Behind Bars - [ABORTED]  (Read 72142 times)

Caz

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:comforting whirs]
    • View Profile
Re: Iron Diadem, Day One: Rex Danorum
« Reply #255 on: February 01, 2014, 04:16:34 am »

Caz- are you honest in your desire for Superblackcat to be executed?

Only in in-character terms. The dumbclaiming has set of more bells so far than anyone else, though.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: February 01, 2014, 04:23:53 am »

Only in in-character terms.

Mind you, our characters all served on the Queen's council and in-character we are all reasonably familiar with each other and each other's histories. That Superblackcat is a hedge witch should not come as a surprise, at least to our characters.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: February 01, 2014, 05:05:36 am »

Only in in-character terms. The dumbclaiming has set of more bells so far than anyone else, though.
...Dumbclaiming?
What do you mean by dumbclaiming? And what bells?

Caz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: February 01, 2014, 05:26:03 am »

...Dumbclaiming?
What do you mean by dumbclaiming? And what bells?

off* i cant type.

SBC has been the only one so far that is troubled by merely introducing himself. I think he's pretending to not know what to claim because he doesn't want to claim his real role i.e he's traitorous witch scum.

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: February 01, 2014, 05:33:43 am »

* Angsar Danielsen calls for order in the councilroom.

Now that all gathered have been introduced, the judgement may begin. Don't use the questions I put to you as an excuse to spend the day simply answering. If another person is asked something which you wish to answer as well, you may do so.

(As much as I want to refer to everybody only by their character's name I'm aware of how possibly annoying that could be.)

Spoiler: Questions (click to show/hide)
I've played some mafia.

Most of the time when someone is described as politically correct they are simply correct.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: February 01, 2014, 05:49:31 am »

Giovanna/Tiruin- It is my suspicion that the assassins who killed our Queen are not the only threats to Denmark we should worry about during the length of these proceedings. Do you think there are any other factions or singular persons with hidden interests here, who might they be, and what would those interests be?
Agents of Fortinbras, is my best guess--given the lacking knowledge about them and my best suspicions. As a generality, is my best guess. I've a sneaking suspicion that given this setup (kingmaker), there would be some tips and balances on either side--but that is heartfelt speculation from me, anyway.

But maybe I misunderstand, are there pluralities involved? (See: Orange)

I however will ask you this--are there any other reasons behind asking people about their background flavor that you've got there, King Cheeetar? How would you discern one who is socially challenged (meaning: newbie at these stuffs) from a true liar?

Sir Caz
SBC has been the only one so far that is troubled by merely introducing himself. I think he's pretending to not know what to claim because he doesn't want to claim his real role i.e he's traitorous witch scum.
I do not suspect SBC/Kisa due to..(flavor)what she just said, and the obvious confused gaze in her face at that (..really. Hedge wizard. Hedge knight. Search it up. I believe female hedge wizard. :v).
Yet the only note I have of it is...how I value reading written work. I doubt it'd be as...transparent as...that.

Query for you: Why are you poking purely at flavor? I'm from Venice. Do you fear the wrath of Italy? Or probably me sending word to my family for them to rally powers of the Venetian arsenal?
In other words: I am curious of your motives. Do you believe that by background, alone, you can flush out the threats to Denmark and the Danish people?

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: February 01, 2014, 06:22:40 am »

Just a note - I think red is a voting-only color, so it probably isn't a good idea to post stuff in red. Because you can't really lynch "* Angsar Danielsen calls for order in the councilroom." :P

Quote from: Cheeetar
Tadeusz/TolyK- Why were you selected to be on the Queen's council?
I came here with some interesting ideas, gathered from my homeland, the Polish-Lithuanian Commonwealth. There, we have a "sejm" that constantly "checks" the monarch and enacts laws. A constitutional monarchy, a truly democratic state.
It was these ideas that interested the Queen - she suggested I accept her offer to join her council and try to put these ideas into being.

As you permitted answering others' questions, I would like to voice my opinion as well.
How much control should the King exert during the day? Should they attempt to be democratic and respect the wishes of the council, or go mostly by their own thoughts?
Being democratic would much lower the chance that a traitor who became King could further their grip on the crown. Monarchs going against the wishes of the council should be looked at with suspicion.
And this is important to me because that's in the direction of what I'm striving for - a government with democratic ideals.

How helpful do you think flavour is going to be in determining the alignment and abilities of each player?
I think that the flavor is there for fun (as Vector said), and that, though it forms the basis of each player's role, you can't really get peoples' abilities from that, nor the alignment (say, you could have an old war doctor who wants revenge, etc.)
My Mafia Stats
just do whatevery tolyK and blame it as a bastard mod
Shakerag: Who are you personally suspicious of?
At this point?  TolyK.

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: February 01, 2014, 06:53:08 am »

Just a note - I think red is a voting-only color, so it probably isn't a good idea to post stuff in red. Because you can't really lynch "* Angsar Danielsen calls for order in the councilroom." :P

My bad- I using the default /me colour without thinking.

I however will ask you this--are there any other reasons behind asking people about their background flavor that you've got there, King Cheeetar? How would you discern one who is socially challenged (meaning: newbie at these stuffs) from a true liar?

There are two things I'm looking at- getting people talking given that it's Day 1, and trying to see any patterns. Vector mentioned that people with a chat may use it, and I thought that there was probably more than one group who had access to such a thing- looking into flavour could possibly be helpful in finding out which people might be in a faction with other people.
I've played some mafia.

Most of the time when someone is described as politically correct they are simply correct.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: February 01, 2014, 06:55:47 am »

There are two things I'm looking at- getting people talking given that it's Day 1, and trying to see any patterns. Vector mentioned that people with a chat may use it, and I thought that there was probably more than one group who had access to such a thing- looking into flavour could possibly be helpful in finding out which people might be in a faction with other people.
Err, faction(s)? As in, more than one group with sekrit chats?

What led to that suspicion?

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: February 01, 2014, 07:04:51 am »

That's actually one of my suspicions as well. Given the wording, "people with chats" might be just scum'n'lovers, but I'm pretty sure it's something different. Given we don't know the number of scum (it was explicitly said that we don't know it by Vector), we might even have several scum teams, or a plethora of third parties.

What I'm saying is, there must be more to this than meets the eye. And as soon as someone in one of those groups gets sentenced by the King, at least one group is going to get some useful information.
My Mafia Stats
just do whatevery tolyK and blame it as a bastard mod
Shakerag: Who are you personally suspicious of?
At this point?  TolyK.

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: February 01, 2014, 07:08:14 am »

Err, faction(s)? As in, more than one group with sekrit chats?

What led to that suspicion?

The "people with chats" wording was the thing that got me thinking of that, but also that the prequel to this mafia (The Lonely Prince) had many super special secret chats.
I've played some mafia.

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: February 01, 2014, 07:17:30 am »

Hedgewitches traditionally are about as harmless as a 'witch' can get, they're usually herbalists, wise women, midwives.  Inquisitioners burn them like they burn other innocents.  At some point in the future there will be university-educated surgeons, pharmacists, and movies about high tech 'Ghostbusters'...

In this day and age, when there's an emergency there's not many people to call on who could be hoped to be able and willing to help.  You can turn to the Powers That Be, be that the Lords of the Lands or the Church, but for small common problems such grand powers offer little to the common person in need, because there are too many common people in need and way to much help needed.

When the baby won't come, when the cough won't stop, when the cows go dry, the runaway pig cannot be found, or your bad tooth is agony so much you cannot even scream - to a hedgewitch you turn.  For a few eggs, a strech of cloth, a penny or two if you actually have coin to pay, the hedgewitch will do her best.  Often, all too often, those in need die anyway, but if they can be saved the hedgewitch will save the life, locate what is lost, ease the pain.

Some few, very few of these people are said to have power; a second sight, an angel that watches over them, a hand that dowsing rods turn under when something sought is pointed towards, a something of some sort.

I'm far more concerned by other things Cat has said, than the role Cat claims.

Cat, when you posted this answer:

Superblackcat:  What is your gift?
My, whatatata?

You guys should be able to guess which one is me... the herald makes it quite obvious.

You asked for a gift.  You got one.  What did you think when I asked you, "What is your gift?"  I see your reaction that you posted.  I'm asking you what you thought.

Caz, the sharp division between your IC and OOC 'stances' concerns me too.  I've asked you more than one question that you've flat out ignored.  Your IC and OOC attitudes and stances, to me they are all part of a whole and that whole is you and what I'm evaluating.  You don't get 'out' of a situation by simply stepping out of the RP.  Sure, you can respond to questions any way you please, but your response remains whatever it is.  And you're ignoring my questions so far.

Your attitude this game reminds me greatly of how you treated me D1 of Supernatural 6.  Granted, -this- game you're the one going out on limbs and making up stuff that sounds ridiculous to at least one other player - but I had an evidence trail when I did so that I believed clearly pointed at the vote I made.  You're actually appearing to contradict yourself and baselessly be jumping at anything, everything, and nothing in a fairly random fashion, very possibly making up most or all of what you are throwing attention at, and while being just as hostile towards me as you were in S6.  You were Scum that game, and the way it feels interacting with you now, especially your 'in character' stance, feels hostile, avoidant, and distractive.  Why are you acting so Scummy?

zombie urist:

I can't spot your answer to this question from Tiruin, or any follow up from her asking more about it.  Oversight?  Answer forthcoming?

Also question, ZU: if you see someone scummy, how will you out them for the King-if said King was seen as inattentive to your words beforehand?

How does that help you find scum? We got roles from hearlds, not the other way around. (Though that would be kinda fun)
FoS is the same as every other game. Shows suspicion.
You focused the most on flavor.

The same way talking and interaction across a range of topics related to the game and gameplay ever finds Scum.

Do you believe that:

1) the person focusing most on flavor is Scum
2) that I as Scum focus greatly on flavor/I as Town do not
3) that you can't think of anything else suspicious about anyone and feel the need to appear suspicious of someone at this time
4) why else are you acting as you about this?

King Cheeetar:
Cille/Imp- How do you believe a person whom the Queen trusted enough to place on her council would be motivated to betray her in such a grievous fashion- did the Queen misjudge those she selected to mange her realm after her death somehow?

*Cille bows her head for a long moment before raising her face and answering*

You ask a difficult question, Lord.  I do not know the answer.  It is painful to accept that she has been betrayed and I cannot envision a motivation sufficient for one she took into her personal service to betray her trust and the purpose that Service to her gave.  I do not know if the Queen misjudged, or if people who had once been worthy changed after their service began and somehow hid their nefarious intent.  I do believe that our job will not be complete if we only find her assassin(s) though.  Should she have any other enemies among us who had not yet struck, our task cannot be complete until they have been found and stopped as well.
For every trouble under the sun, there is an answer, or there is none.
If there is one, then seek until you find it.
If there is none, then never ever mind it.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: February 01, 2014, 07:34:31 am »

Oop, when does day end for that matter? I remember Jan27 for N0..

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: February 01, 2014, 07:48:24 am »

Oop, when does day end for that matter? I remember Jan27 for N0..

To my knowledge, the day ends only after I've decided who to execute.
I've played some mafia.

Caz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: February 01, 2014, 08:59:49 am »

Cheeetar
Vivianus/Caz- Do you believe in the execution of not only traitors to the crown, but those in this council whose interests do not lie strictly in the preservation of the realm and dispatching of the assassins? If one were to reveal they had ulterior motives while here, would you advocate their execution at the potential cost of delaying the death of one of Fortinbra's men (assuming we are not sure on the identity of the assassins.)
The assassins should be dealt with first as they're more of a threat imo. Unless we have no idea on the assassins and a sure pick on some other kind of traitor, then I'd stick to the main cause.

Tiruin
Sir Caz
I do not suspect SBC/Kisa due to..(flavor)what she just said, and the obvious confused gaze in her face at that (..really. Hedge wizard. Hedge knight. Search it up. I believe female hedge wizard. :v).
Yet the only note I have of it is...how I value reading written work. I doubt it'd be as...transparent as...that.
What's the connection between hedge wizard and hedge knight?

Query for you: Why are you poking purely at flavor? I'm from Venice. Do you fear the wrath of Italy? Or probably me sending word to my family for them to rally powers of the Venetian arsenal?
In other words: I am curious of your motives. Do you believe that by background, alone, you can flush out the threats to Denmark and the Danish people?
I have no fear of men. I believe the assassins to be tainted by dark forces, and it's those that we should seek out, not trying to demonize foreigners.

Imp
Hedgewitches traditionally are about as harmless as a 'witch' can get,
Ha!

Some few, very few of these people are said to have power;
So you do admit, firstly that these witches have power, and that you see benefit in their existence? What did the witch offer you, old woman? Your eyes and health? You've sold your soul to the devil if you think that is true.

Caz, the sharp division between your IC and OOC 'stances' concerns me too.  I've asked you more than one question that you've flat out ignored
What question was that?

Your attitude this game reminds me greatly of how you treated me D1 of Supernatural 6.
You mean... I'm acting the same as in the only other game we've played together? :S So meta.   

You're actually appearing to contradict yourself and baselessly be jumping at anything, everything, and nothing in a fairly random fashion, very possibly making up most or all of what you are throwing attention at, and while being just as hostile towards me as you were in S6.  You were Scum that game, and the way it feels interacting with you now, especially your 'in character' stance, feels hostile, avoidant, and distractive.  Why are you acting so Scummy?
Eh, my character is a bit of a nut and I don't believe there are any real cases to be made so far. I suppose it's difficult to reconcile the RP and non-RP aspects of this game, never played a mafia set up quite like this. Don't worry, I'll settle down tomorrow when there's actually something to go on.

Urist
I guess zero is a constant...
Why are you so flippant about the threats to this kingdom?

Yes you will.
*sigh* Very well. In generations past, our noble house and it's servants were famed for the power of healing. True healing - not the rubbish and trickery of *glances at SBC* witches, but divine light. Those less talented sought to steal the power for themselves, and to do so they looked in dark places to steal the knowledge. The divine light failed to touch them, but they had whet their appetite for power and began to draw it from tainted earth - battlefields and graveyards, even hospitals where they sucked out the last breath of the dying, all for their own gain. To prevent them from ever succeeding in their plan, magic was banned, and the art of healing has been lost in the fires that we burn the unholy each day. The red ankh is a symbol of healing, but it is only a relic now. Perhaps one day the divine light will return to us, but it will not be this one.
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 32