Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

What would you like more of or to see improved?

Combat.
- 2 (20%)
Roleplay.
- 2 (20%)
Details.
- 1 (10%)
Plot/Intrigue
- 4 (40%)
Other.
- 1 (10%)

Total Members Voted: 6

Voting closed: June 07, 2014, 10:09:51 pm

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 71

Author Topic: "The Filth of Kalgena" OOC thread. The GM has his shit together. Somewhat.  (Read 52920 times)

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
Re: DnD 3.5 PBP urban campaign interest check. "The Filth of Kalgena"
« Reply #105 on: December 29, 2013, 08:23:16 am »

If GWG isn't playing have you got enough players?
Six with Weirdsound.

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: December 29, 2013, 08:28:57 am »

Since we have a bard, is it worth me being a slightly social rogue? Or purely sneakystabby? I think I prefer the former. Not decided though and wondering what would be more useful group-wise.

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: December 29, 2013, 08:33:17 am »

Another social guy won't hurt us, eh?

AlleeCat

• Bay Watcher
  • Black, the beast, descends from shadows...
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: December 29, 2013, 12:10:25 pm »

Since we have a bard, is it worth me being a slightly social rogue? Or purely sneakystabby? I think I prefer the former. Not decided though and wondering what would be more useful group-wise.
Well I have all my points in bluff. You could put points into other thiefly things like picking pockets and locks and noses.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: December 29, 2013, 12:32:22 pm »

Eh, sounds like you have all the bases covered.
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: December 29, 2013, 01:10:46 pm »

Also, I'm not sure it's really viable to play with. I mean, the number when the bad stuff starts kicking in is a bit high for my tastes, since we don't really start with all that many sanity points in the first place, and there are spells out there that can really mess us up quickly. A single ray of stupidity for example, that's a first level spell by the way, does something like 1d4+1 per 2 levels, and we are all starting out with around 11 points of sanity!
Thats a good point. I'll change that to [naverage of mental scores] + Will + Level. Mental stat damage does half damage, and the symptoms take 1d10 days to manifest.

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: December 29, 2013, 01:13:07 pm »

Also, I'm not sure it's really viable to play with. I mean, the number when the bad stuff starts kicking in is a bit high for my tastes, since we don't really start with all that many sanity points in the first place, and there are spells out there that can really mess us up quickly. A single ray of stupidity for example, that's a first level spell by the way, does something like 1d4+1 per 2 levels, and we are all starting out with around 11 points of sanity!
Thats a good point. I'll change that to [naverage of mental scores] + Will + Level. Mental stat damage does half damage, and the symptoms take 1d10 days to manifest.
Well, I guess my mental problems are cured now :P.

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: December 29, 2013, 01:41:03 pm »

Well, I guess my mental problems are cured for now :P.
FIFY. MUHAHAHA!

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: December 29, 2013, 01:42:39 pm »

Well, I guess my mental problems are cured for now :P.
FIFY. MUHAHAHA!
Oh, don't you worry. Just make sure when I go insane I have enough things to smash in blind rage :D.

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: December 29, 2013, 03:02:44 pm »

Can I use the Keen Intellect feat?

I think I am not going to be just sneakystabby, but a bit more general, and be a human rogue with social skills too. The alternative was a whispergnome with just thieving sneakystabby skills but I think I'd find that less interesting.

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: December 29, 2013, 03:41:04 pm »

Bother. It is quite difficult to wear armour and carry a load no more than 26lb. Any tips? Apart from not have 8 STR? Although that could be a tip.

edit: Ooh, I could have a mithril chain shirt, and then I could carry stuff. Aha.

Another edit: Are there any languages in particular that I might know and use i.e. what might be useful to take?
« Last Edit: December 29, 2013, 03:58:56 pm by lawastooshort »

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: December 29, 2013, 04:03:10 pm »

1. Talsiman of the Disc.

2. Kalgena has many Humans and Dwarves. Next are Halflings, Half-elves and Half-Orcs, followed by Gnomes. Elves are uncommon.

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: December 29, 2013, 04:04:14 pm »

Bother. It is quite difficult to wear armour and carry a load no more than 26lb. Any tips? Apart from not have 8 STR? Although that could be a tip.

edit: Ooh, I could have a mithril chain shirt, and then I could carry stuff. Aha.

Another edit: Are there any languages in particular that I might know and use i.e. what might be useful to take?
I can carry pretty much anything you want. It's a primary function of the strengthly overload. Party packmule.

Planar languages might be useful, if you can take any.

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: December 29, 2013, 04:13:59 pm »

Alright. I think I will go cleric so you guys have a reliable source of heals. I'll begin work on the sheet in earnest tonight or tomorrow.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 71