Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

What would you like more of or to see improved?

Combat.
- 2 (20%)
Roleplay.
- 2 (20%)
Details.
- 1 (10%)
Plot/Intrigue
- 4 (40%)
Other.
- 1 (10%)

Total Members Voted: 6

Voting closed: June 07, 2014, 10:09:51 pm

Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 71

Author Topic: "The Filth of Kalgena" OOC thread. The GM has his shit together. Somewhat.  (Read 52904 times)

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile

Yes.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile

Fudging in something specifically to save a villain is considered cheap.

For that matter, what's the range on that attack? He'd have to vomit pretty hard to catch someone at least ten feet away.

And furthermore, how did he drink a potion, move out of range of my swings, and attack with the effect all in the same turn?
Drinking a potion activated the effect.
And they're wasps. They can fly.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

So. What do you guys think is gonna happen now?

Oh! And the thing I almost forgot to ask about: How much do you go by the book, Immaterial? Is Rule of Cool and Logical Fighting allowed? Like, if I charged someone with my tower shield into a wall, will it be just as difficult to hit them as with my spear(I have a much broader area to hit with, and don't need to care about armor, etc.), and will it do just as much damage as simply slapping them with the shield, or a little more from hitting them into the wall(I wouldn't expect it to do much damage anyway, since that would mostly be to effectively pin or push them as a slightly different bullrush)? Since I'm behind my tower shield, would it really provoke an AoO if it was a a bull rush? Do choke holds done on the carotid artery apply the suffocation rules or end a bit more quickly?
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Oh! And the thing I almost forgot to ask about: How much do you go by the book, Immaterial? Is Rule of Cool and Logical Fighting allowed?
I like to make the Rule of Cool and Logical Fighting work by the book. For instance:

Like, if I charged someone with my tower shield into a wall, will it be just as difficult to hit them as with my spear(I have a much broader area to hit with, and don't need to care about armor, etc.), and will it do just as much damage as simply slapping them with the shield, or a little more from hitting them into the wall(I wouldn't expect it to do much damage anyway, since that would mostly be to effectively pin or push them as a slightly different bullrush)?
Well, that would basically be grappling/pinning an opponent, with a bonus equivalent to the shield's AC bonus.
Since I'm behind my tower shield, would it really provoke an AoO if it was a a bull rush?
I'd say you get an AC bonus while bullrushing.
Do choke holds done on the carotid artery apply the suffocation rules or end a bit more quickly?
It would require a Heal check before you could do something like that.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

That works. What about throwing a weapon whilst charging (won't come up for me, really, but in a different game it's what brought up the Rule of Cool discussion)?
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile

Can you dual wield shields?

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Are you kidding me? I've been suspicious of Alaris' 19's for a while now, but I didn't actually think she was cheating(though to be fair, the number of natural ones she would've been rolling is stupid).

But guess what I found.

Mostly the times where she rolled, then rolled again inside of a minute and yet, only two out of three rolls were used.

Damnit, Alleecat.
« Last Edit: April 01, 2014, 09:00:10 pm by Rolepgeek »
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

A. Not cool, Alleecat. B. I think I'll start rolling more, for everyone.

The best part is that the last roll you made was going to have no effect, because that's not what Spellcraft does.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

She didn't cheat that roll specifically (it was the Will save), but I had been wondering why she kept making Spellcraft checks.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

AlleeCat

• Bay Watcher
  • Black, the beast, descends from shadows...
    • View Profile

I was using some of those nat 1s but when I get a crit fail like 3 times in a row I start to think something is wrong with what I'm typing or something. I get it, it's kind of cheating, but whatever. I was going to go with the second roll no matter what it was, it just happened to be a good roll.

EDIT: Actually it wasn't even a good roll. It was a 9.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2014, 03:44:25 am by AlleeCat »

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Update tomorrow. School and work is getting in the way of my goofing off.

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile

I don't know enough to know what to do here - 1, stay back and shoot something (possibly protecting Zako but leaving RPG outnumbered); 2, try to hide from worms and sneak attack shoot something; 3, try to get where I can flank a worm; 4, something else.

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

What information would you need to make a decision?
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 71