Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

What would you like more of or to see improved?

Combat.
- 2 (20%)
Roleplay.
- 2 (20%)
Details.
- 1 (10%)
Plot/Intrigue
- 4 (40%)
Other.
- 1 (10%)

Total Members Voted: 6

Voting closed: June 07, 2014, 10:09:51 pm

Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38 ... 71

Author Topic: "The Filth of Kalgena" OOC thread. The GM has his shit together. Somewhat.  (Read 52911 times)

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: "The Filth of Kalgena" OOC thread. Nevermind then.
« Reply #525 on: May 02, 2014, 11:24:08 pm »

You know what, go for it. You're in. I'll make it work.

Angle

• Bay Watcher
  • 39 Indigo Spear Questions the Poor
    • View Profile
    • Agora Forum Demo!
Re: "The Filth of Kalgena" OOC thread. Nevermind then.
« Reply #526 on: May 02, 2014, 11:41:08 pm »

Alright. So now, of course, I have to decide what to do with my character. The main Idea that comes to mind is a sort of "Mad Scientisty" Wizard, who like to experiment with new things and stick his nose into dangerous places. This'd mainly mean taking some item creation feats and inventing lot's of new spells. Does that fit with your campaign, as it is now? If not, I can think of something else. Also, what level should I make my character at? Level 1, I would assume? derp, nope 3rd level. Alright, lemme read the intro before i start assuming things.

Agora: open-source platform to facilitate complicated discussions between large numbers of people. Now with test site!

The Temple of the Elements: Quirky Dungeon Crawler

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
Re: "The Filth of Kalgena" OOC thread. Opening the flood gates.
« Reply #527 on: May 02, 2014, 11:44:12 pm »

I would suggest we all meld back into a group at some point soon-ish.

Also, does that also go for enchanting weapons that we already have? A Merciful Flail would be very nice. So would a Seeking Crossbow with screaming bolts.

Would I be able to get some better gear for the hounds, artificial claws or barding or the like?
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #528 on: May 02, 2014, 11:48:18 pm »

Alright. So now, of course, I have to decide what to do with my character. The main Idea that comes to mind is a sort of "Mad Scientisty" Wizard, who like to experiment with new things and stick his nose into dangerous places. This'd mainly mean taking some item creation feats and inventing lot's of new spells. Does that fit with your campaign, as it is now? If not, I can think of something else. Also, what level should I make my character at? Level 1, I would assume? derp, nope 3rd level. Alright, lemme read the intro before i start assuming things.
That sounds fine in concept. I'll start expanding the artisans' district, cause you might be spending some time in there.
Also, we've all reached level four because I said so, so make your character at level four.

Speaking of, all current players get 1,000 XP for the RP last level.
Again, just so no one misses it, all current players get 1,000 XP for the RP last level.
I would suggest we all meld back into a group at some point soon-ish.

Also, does that also go for enchanting weapons that we already have? A Merciful Flail would be very nice. So would a Seeking Crossbow with screaming bolts.

Would I be able to get some better gear for the hounds, artificial claws or barding or the like?
Mmmmmmm.... That would make my life so much easier...

Yes, they'll enchant weapons for you.

Of course.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #529 on: May 02, 2014, 11:52:05 pm »

Sweet. Time to compile a list to file the paperwork for.

Poor Celles...

EDIT: All of you just need to become part of my patrol group or something. Or maybe I get assigned to keeping the lot of you in line. I dunno.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #530 on: May 03, 2014, 12:13:29 am »

Could you identify my loot assuming Zako can and will agree to my trade? And the bracers/gloves?
« Last Edit: May 03, 2014, 12:15:16 am by lawastooshort »

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #531 on: May 03, 2014, 12:17:02 am »

I was/am doing that, but a mistake with a button lost the latest turn. GOD DAMFidpoigsa jrjlnkfdms;;iflkm,ial,a

Angle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Agora Forum Demo!
« Reply #532 on: May 03, 2014, 12:19:15 am »

Alright, so as a tentative first draft, I think I'll be an unspecialized elf wizard who got kicked out of mage college for "Unruly Behaviour": questioning professors, sneaking into the Forbidden archives, performing dangerous experiments, that kind of thing. Is there a good locale for him to have come from?

Also, should I start with the 3k gold mentioned in the OP, or is that increasing with level too? For that matter, what all can I buy with my money? Are magic items okay? How bout new spells? Can I buy those at the suggested 100 GP per level? Can I start out having invented new ones?

Also also, in the OP, it says that "Craft feats no longer grant a discount on the gold cost of an item, and no longer have an XP cost. They still cost the usual amount of time, but are granted automatically to anyone with a sufficient caster level." This means magical crafting feats, right?

Also also also, can I make some new feats relating to experimenting with new spells and making magic items? Like the ability to break a magic item in order to salvage some of the value that went into it to make a new item?
« Last Edit: May 03, 2014, 01:46:13 am by Angle »

Agora: open-source platform to facilitate complicated discussions between large numbers of people. Now with test site!

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #533 on: May 03, 2014, 03:30:48 am »

That should work. Talk to Zako to coordinate your spell-casting.
Uh, go with recommended Wealth by Level for 4th level. Yes. Yes. Yes. Yes, if you can make it with a Spellcraft check where you rolled 10.
Exactly.
Give me some examples.

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #534 on: May 03, 2014, 06:34:41 am »

Do we receive 4000 xp to level then, or whatever we needed?

AlleeCat

• Bay Watcher
  • Black, the beast, descends from shadows...
    • View Profile
« Reply #535 on: May 03, 2014, 12:02:53 pm »

I meant to ask for info, not backup...
As in, "has anybody heard about someone dealing in scrolls?"

Angle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Agora Forum Demo!
« Reply #536 on: May 03, 2014, 01:41:53 pm »

I'm already making sure to have my character do substantially different things from Zako. My spell list and his only overlap on the most basic spells.

What source are you using for the rules on creating spells? the 3.5 DMG has guidlines for GM's that wish to make new spells, but nothing for players that want to do so. Are you using the rules from the 3.0 DMG? Cause those are super expensive, for how little increase in power you get.

In terms of feats, that would mean feats that either give me a discount on the gold cost to create an item, or feats that allow me to break a magic item in order to salvage it's value. Say, three feats, that let me get back 50%/75%/90% of an items value and which require Caster level 3/9/15 to get. Or a series of feats that give me a 10% discount to making magic items, available every four levels? This'd mean that at lvl 20 I'd have 50% off, which is what a character with all of the Item Creation feats would normally get. Or perhaps the same kind of thing for inventing new spells?

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #537 on: May 03, 2014, 02:25:08 pm »

Do we receive 4000 xp to level then, or whatever we needed?
So, you have 6000 xp for getting to level 4, another 1000 for roleplay, and however much I gave you for backstory.

I meant to ask for info, not backup...
As in, "has anybody heard about someone dealing in scrolls?"
Fixed.

What source are you using for the rules on creating spells? the 3.5 DMG has guidlines for GM's that wish to make new spells, but nothing for players that want to do so. Are you using the rules from the 3.0 DMG? Cause those are super expensive, for how little increase in power you get.
I'm using the rules from the DMG, on page 198. 1000 gp per spell level, one week per spell level. It's an original spell. Tampering with the fabric of the universe is expensive.
However, I'll let you take a new feat called Spell Researcher which will reduce the cost by 25%, and it can be taken multiple times. It also gives you a +2 on Spellcraft checks to research.

In terms of feats, that would mean feats that either give me a discount on the gold cost to create an item, or feats that allow me to break a magic item in order to salvage it's value. Say, three feats, that let me get back 50%/75%/90% of an items value and which require Caster level 3/9/15 to get. Or a series of feats that give me a 10% discount to making magic items, available every four levels? This'd mean that at lvl 20 I'd have 50% off, which is what a character with all of the Item Creation feats would normally get. Or perhaps the same kind of thing for inventing new spells?
Take one a look and call me in the morning post after.

Angle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Agora Forum Demo!
« Reply #538 on: May 03, 2014, 02:44:03 pm »

Aha! Alright, that looks pretty good. I assume spell researcher maxes out at 3 levels, or caps at 90% or something?

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #539 on: May 03, 2014, 02:47:08 pm »

Nah, it goes 1000 to 750 to 562.5 to 421.875, etc. 25% reduction of the 25% reduction, etc.
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38 ... 71