Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

What would you like more of or to see improved?

Combat.
- 2 (20%)
Roleplay.
- 2 (20%)
Details.
- 1 (10%)
Plot/Intrigue
- 4 (40%)
Other.
- 1 (10%)

Total Members Voted: 6

Voting closed: June 07, 2014, 10:09:51 pm

Pages: 1 ... 46 47 [48] 49 50 ... 71

Author Topic: "The Filth of Kalgena" OOC thread. The GM has his shit together. Somewhat.  (Read 52906 times)

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

So here's what's going on: I probably won't update this for a week, since this week is finals week. The next week is pretty busy too, what with graduating from high school and all that. The week after, I am going to be in the woods for the weekdays for three weeks. From then on, updates should be smooth, with only the occasional blip.

Tl;dr:
Expect updates on the weekends until I say otherwise.

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile

I haven't been reading alleecat's bits, so I don't know if you are on the side of The Law or not; unfortunately, if you are, I can't remember how legal this one mission we have to do is, because otherwise I think you'd be well suited to it...

AlleeCat

• Bay Watcher
  • Black, the beast, descends from shadows...
    • View Profile

Hey, I'll gladly break the law as long as there's something in it for me. (Chaotic Neutral)

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile

Hey, I'll gladly break the law as long as I think it's the right thing to do. (Lawful Neutral)

Funny, huh? Especially since that is the justification for the chaotic good types as well, with the only difference being the concept of the right thing to do.

AlleeCat

• Bay Watcher
  • Black, the beast, descends from shadows...
    • View Profile

Really, I've decided that my character just wants to become immortal, whether physically or through fame. In the meantime, everything else is just an adventure. It's fun. Especially now that she gets to play with these nifty new psychic powers. Not that she would ever tell anyone that she has a big purple worm attached to the back of her head that gives her psychic powers...

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile

Watch out for Sense Motives.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile

I don't know if you are interpreting Lawful Neutral correctly...Lawful characters usually have some sort of code of honor they simply will not break, or try to work within the law. If you break it as long as it's the right thing to do, that's less Lawful Neutral and more Neutral Good...

Just saying...I'm sure Immaterial might let you keep your monk advancement if your alignment changed.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I don't know if you are interpreting Lawful Neutral correctly...Lawful characters usually have some sort of code of honor they simply will not break, or try to work within the law. If you break it as long as it's the right thing to do, that's less Lawful Neutral and more Neutral Good...
That's what I was thinking, unless by "the right thing" is by the standards of your code.
Just saying...I'm sure Immaterial might let you keep your monk advancement if your alignment changed.
The only time I would cut off your monk advancement would be if you were to do a 180 and become chaotic.

An update will be released Friday or LATE on Thursday.

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile

You're misinterpreting what I'm saying here. Lawful Neutral types follow a personal code, and will break the law occasionally if it and legitimate authority disagree over what the law should be.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile

You're misinterpreting what I'm saying here. Lawful Neutral types follow a personal code, and will break the law occasionally if it and legitimate authority disagree over what the law should be.
True. (For some lawful neutrals, at least.) I didn't get the impression that Guy had a personal code from what you had said OOC, was all. My apologies for the misunderstanding.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

School has cleared up, so I'll do a turn in under 24 hours.

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile

True. (For some lawful neutrals, at least.) I didn't get the impression that Guy had a personal code from what you had said OOC, was all. My apologies for the misunderstanding.
It's fine, my consistency is somewhat bad when I have to remember how my character worked weeks ago.

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Well, we are back to normal schedule for a few weeks.

Angle

• Bay Watcher
  • 39 Indigo Spear Questions the Poor
    • View Profile
    • Agora Forum Demo!

I went ahead and moved skill points from Knowledge (The planes) to Concentration, because holy crap that's an embarrassing oversight to make.

Alos, interestingly enough, did you know you can expend a psionic focus to take 15 on a concentration check? it's the only thing you can do with it, in fact, unless you have a feat, power or class feature that uses psionic focuses.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2014, 10:48:28 pm by Angle »

Agora: open-source platform to facilitate complicated discussions between large numbers of people. Now with test site!

The Temple of the Elements: Quirky Dungeon Crawler

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile

I went ahead and moved skill points from Knowledge (The planes) to Concentration, because holy crap that's an embarrassing oversight to make.

Alos, interestingly enough, did you know you can expend a psionic focus to take 15 on a concentration check? it's the only thing you can do with it, in fact, unless you have a feat, power or class feature that uses psionic focuses.
You're not going to be the AD(&)D mage?
Pages: 1 ... 46 47 [48] 49 50 ... 71