Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

What would you like more of or to see improved?

Combat.
- 2 (20%)
Roleplay.
- 2 (20%)
Details.
- 1 (10%)
Plot/Intrigue
- 4 (40%)
Other.
- 1 (10%)

Total Members Voted: 6

Voting closed: June 07, 2014, 10:09:51 pm

Pages: 1 ... 59 60 [61] 62 63 ... 71

Author Topic: "The Filth of Kalgena" OOC thread. The GM has his shit together. Somewhat.  (Read 52919 times)

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
Re: "The Filth of Kalgena" OOC thread.
« Reply #900 on: August 12, 2014, 04:24:11 pm »

We talked about Improved Trip when the game was getting started, and I said no, but now I'm saying bonus feat, because, otherwise, I wont remember.
Alright. I'll add it. It's not actually improved trip; they don't get a bonus on it, as far as I'm aware. Just, whenever they hit with a bite attack, they get a free trip attempt. I could put it under Special Qualities or Special Attacks? Or make an asterisk thingy?

I'm saying that since it requires concentration, you can get distracted by damage. Otherwise, that doesn't make much sense, in my opinion.
Fair enough, I guess. Though I would wonder if it should be Perform check or Concentration check...maybe a Perform check that you add your Constitution bonus to, instead of your Charisma bonus? Plenty of stuff in the DMG about that sort of check making.

The reason that happened was because Greghir tripped him first, lowing his AC by 4. Being prone gives a -4 penalty to AC against melee attacks.
Ah, that makes more sense. Alright.

Sidenote that I remembered; I actually still technically threaten Rapier guy, thanks to ten-foot reach(in fact, I'm flanking him with Alaris. :D). I don't know if you took Iron Guard's Glare into account, though I'm guessing it probably wouldn't matter, because Alaris has an AC of 18 with my buff, and if the guy could hit Kemik with buff and debuff applying, I doubt he wouldn't be able to hit the bard.
Don't worry, bard-lady! I'll come to save you! Next round I get Shield Counter, so I can move next to whoever's most vulnerable and give them +6 to AC against one attack! (Shield Counter+Tower Shield=Awesome)

Can't wait to figure out a way to get Pounce for Kemik. I'm kinda wanting to retrain his Steel Wind feat, as it's not really coming in handy all that much. All I would trade it for is Steely Strike, though, which isn't that much better. Worse, in terms of tanking ability, in all honesty.

By the way, Immaterial, thank you for running this campaign. It really is fun, despite all of our machinations and reminders and whatnot. I stress about quite a few of the games I'm in at some point or another, but this? This is not one of them.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2014, 05:54:58 pm by Rolepgeek »
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #901 on: August 12, 2014, 05:50:03 pm »

Alright. I'll add it. It's not actually improved trip; they don't get a bonus on it, as far as I'm aware. Just, whenever they hit with a bite attack, they get a free trip attempt. I could put it under Special Qualities or Special Attacks? Or make an asterisk thingy?
Your choice.
Fair enough, I guess. Though I would wonder if it should be Perform check or Concentration check...maybe a Perform check that you add your Constitution bonus to, instead of your Charisma bonus? Plenty of stuff in the DMG about that sort of check making.
There's actually a feat for something like that.
Sidenote that I remembered; I actually still technically threaten Rapier guy, thanks to ten-foot reach(in fact, I'm flanking him with Alaris. :D). I don't know if you took Iron Guard's Glare into account,
I did, and it really didn't matter.
Can't wait to figure out a way to get Pounce for Kemik. I'm kinda wanting to retrain his Steel Wind feat, as it's not really coming in handy all that much. All I would trade it for is Steely Strike, though, which isn't that much better. Worse, in terms of tanking ability, in all honesty.
You can retrain it at next level up, if you want.
By the way, Immaterial, thank you for running this campaign. It really is fun, despite all of our machinations and reminders and whatnot. I stress about quite a few of the games I'm in at some point or another, but this? This is not one of them.
Thanks! I'm really glad you're enjoying it! It's been fun to run.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #902 on: August 12, 2014, 05:56:24 pm »

Melodic Casting is for spells, though; I'm talking about Bardic Music. Not all Bardic Music requires concentration to perform, after all. Inspire Courage is not one of the ones that does, as far as I'm aware.

Question: Would you bring out the DM-stick if I 'bought' another Haljirg?
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #903 on: August 12, 2014, 06:26:34 pm »

Hmm. I'll think on it, and get back to the issue when I get home.

Answer: Well, it depends on how cursed you want your fancy new hat to be.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #904 on: August 12, 2014, 07:13:17 pm »

Well, if it's going to be cursed anyway, there's not much I can do about it. Meh, either way.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #905 on: August 13, 2014, 12:14:28 am »

Alright. Here's the ruling: I'd like to hear what Alleecat thinks.

Moving on: I promised that I would answer your question on getting claws attached to your hounds, so here it is:
There are two types of attachable claws:
1. Ones that are added on top of the claws, strapped on. These may be enhanced, and deal 1d4+STR mod damage.
2. Ones that replace the claws, surgically. These may be enhanced, and deal 1d6+STR mod damage.

Well, if it's going to be cursed anyway, there's not much I can do about it. Meh, either way.
It's not my fault Kyle took a flaw that made his only create cursed items.

Oh, wait. It is.

AlleeCat

• Bay Watcher
  • Black, the beast, descends from shadows...
    • View Profile
« Reply #906 on: August 14, 2014, 03:31:13 pm »

I don't think I should need to concentrate to sustain it on its own, but yea, if some guy is hacking at me with a sword, of course it's going to be tough to concentrate on singing, let alone playing an instrument. Especially if there's some magic power that needs to go into it.
So yea, the way it just happened makes sense and is fine by me.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #907 on: August 15, 2014, 10:20:06 am »

Sorry, I've been distracted by a lot of stuff (fanfiction and reading a good D&D forum quest, among other things) so I've kept forgetting about this forum... :-[

Still, now I'm back and can finally finish my warlock sheet! Also, nice one with Cade. I like how you're putting him to good work.

Now when I've finished with my warlock sheet, what exactly should I do to help out in this fight? Keep in mind, I'm being a long ranged attacker with this one and Eldritch blast hits touch AC.

EDIT: I have completed the important parts of my character sheet, as I have no intention of ever getting in melee if I can help it, and I would only be armed with a dagger if I did. Here's my sheet as it currently is (no inventory yet): http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=970324

Can someone check if I got this all right? Also, your opinions on my level plan at the bottom would be welcome.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2014, 12:09:45 pm by Zako »

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #908 on: August 15, 2014, 11:38:33 am »

You can join the fight in any way you want, on either side.

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #909 on: August 16, 2014, 03:34:50 pm »

Back, and errata:

I should have moved into Mace's space when I grappled him.
Did Cade use a spell there in my grapple? If he did, he needed a Concentration check, and he also needed to win an opposed grapple check if he used a spell with somatic components.

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #910 on: August 17, 2014, 12:22:15 am »

I should have moved into Mace's space when I grappled him.
Ah. Fixed from now on.

Did Cade use a spell there in my grapple? If he did, he needed a Concentration check, and he also needed to win an opposed grapple check if he used a spell with somatic components.
Nope. He used the Immediate Magic ACF, which I'm ruling does not need a Concentration check, and does not have Somatic Components.

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #911 on: August 17, 2014, 08:00:05 am »

Cheeky. I'm glad all he has are second level spells.

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #912 on: August 17, 2014, 11:49:00 am »

Give me an Out Of Character spot check.

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #913 on: August 17, 2014, 10:16:09 pm »

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #914 on: August 17, 2014, 10:41:29 pm »

The DM has ducked his head behind his screen to cover the largest shit eating grin you have ever seen. Probably.
Pages: 1 ... 59 60 [61] 62 63 ... 71