Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8

Author Topic: V.4g Hexxedgarish - AboveGround Dwarf Challenge  (Read 22195 times)

kamikazi1231

• Bay Watcher
  • Meddler of Raws
    • View Profile
Re: V.4g Hexxedgarish - AboveGround Dwarf Challenge
« Reply #90 on: January 29, 2014, 05:14:41 am »

I look forward to seeing this fort burn from some horrible warlock or frost giant siege. I like your idea for an engineer fort next. Can anyone say trap gauntlet with 100 bullet turrets behind fortifications? 

DestroyX

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: January 29, 2014, 07:35:14 am »

just kinda wondered... how do you attack all these caravans without a loyalty cascade? o.ô

also, i'd like to claim a dwarf :D

a warrior would be nice^^

with a poisoned longsword (want to get you to start with this ;D) and a nice shield^^

mahrgell

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: January 29, 2014, 07:50:39 am »

As long as the caravans are not part of your own civ, you can attack them without troubles ;)
And I see, everyone wants me to make poisoned weapons :( OKAAAAAAAY
I build a toxicologist and declare war on everyone during the coming season. We will see, what happens first. Death or Poison :D
Can I actually poison named weapons? Or do i get another set of named weapons cluttering up my military equipment screen? I should put them  all in display stands in the new barracks -.-

About the dwarf. You want a new recruit (don't worry, he will probably be legendary in less then half a year, even have some legiondwarves left over, that i wanted to draft soon) or take over that 35 kill swordsman I have?

Anyone ever want's to talk about how sparring is broken? He didn't do anything but training in the barracks (and the occasional slaughter of some invaders)

Edit:
About the caravans... If you want to raid your own civ, either drowning chambers or ballistas work well, without any loyalty issues. Magma always destroys the items as well :D

kamikazi1231

• Bay Watcher
  • Meddler of Raws
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: January 29, 2014, 07:54:45 am »

I don't think he attacks dwarf caravans.  Just slaughters elves, drow, and humans. Dwarves love when that happens. More wealth and power for the fortress. Also if you find sparring OP maybe on the next world generate it with added combat skills to enemies.

*MAHRGELL likes wood blocks, fire opals, hell fire turrets, fire proof roads, war drakes, and elves for the way they scream as they die. He enjoys working outdoors and complains only mildly when caught in inclement weather.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2014, 08:27:06 am by kamikazi1231 »

mahrgell

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: January 29, 2014, 08:47:19 am »

Well, it is one of the reasons, why i want to limit my militia to 4 ^^ They can probably still handle quite a fight, but with fortress defense races on, and most likely always one sleeping and eating through the fight (because that is what dwarves do, you know!) I doubt I will experience boredom :D

Anyway... gonna start autumn again now ^^

Anyone can answer the question about poisoning named weapons?

DestroyX

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: January 29, 2014, 09:11:35 am »

i dont really care, just dont let him die too fast :D

about the poison..

if you dont got too much of it, you can choose specific items via alt-a in the workshop (you gotta add the task before, but this way you can assign specific items or just materials)

if you got tons of poison, it doesnt really matter, poison everything^^
but the weapons gotta be in a stockpile ofc.

named  weapons arent a problem^^
the only kinda annoying thing is, that you always use a barrel of poison... doesnt matter if there is  just one unit or [5] in.. but since its a one time thing i can live with that.

just one last thing which i'm still not sure about... i encountered some weird bug where the poison spatter was all over my dwarf after he killed some stuff... but this only seems to happen if your dwarves dont have gloves or gauntlets on.

i guess that should be anything you maybe should know :D

although i havent tested it, it should be the same with runes... since they work the same way.

edit: oh and i missed a point in your question.

you dont get any "new" weapon out of this reaction.
it's the same good ol' weapon, but if you check it you'll see some syndrome carrying spatters on it... just like blood, water or something.
but it wont go away like that, even if you are using the clean command in dfhack for some reason^^
so it's kinda foolproof
« Last Edit: January 29, 2014, 09:15:12 am by DestroyX »

mahrgell

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: January 29, 2014, 10:52:04 am »

*make note* The embassy is !!FUN!!
It looks like what i just did may end the fortress... But gonna stick to it and see how it plays out. I'm scared to unpause, and considering only half of the orders, I gave, have been done yet.... but I won't change them. Anyway, lets see... Maybe they get distracted by a moleweasel again. 

mahrgell

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: January 29, 2014, 01:53:17 pm »

Okay.... I'm almost done with the season, and I promise you the probably weirdest bug you have ever seen in DF... I have NO F...ING IDEA what just happened. Seriously... WTF? If you always thought minecarts with some forceramps would be the fastest thing in the game... Or a dwarf with a breath of armok. you are WRONG!

mahrgell

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: January 29, 2014, 03:45:24 pm »

Warning: long, text-, picture and enemyheavy....

10th Limestone
The season is still young, but the midyear meeting has brought up a lot of ideas how to change our city life. Mosey has demanded an embassy to be built, he want's to complain to the evil races about their lack of honor. This is surely a good idea! Couldn't think of something smarter. They will surely be impressed by his complaints. As much as we are by his cries about delayed punishment. Whatever... He is our leader, at least officially, and so an embassy will be built for him. 
But he wasn't the only crazy one. Akrul, one of our most achieved swordsdwarves (well, we got only two) decided, we should call him DestroyX from now on.

What kind of name is this? Listen children, that is what happens to you, if you spend too much time sparring. And he also led a new petition, supported by several other soldiers, demanding more advanced weaponry. MORE ADVANCED? Are my incredibly powerful tools of war not enough for them? But they asked for poisons. How could some plant juice be more effective then the finest steel crafts ever known to dwarves? But they demanded it again and again, until I couldn't resist any more. I feel hurt. Necessary measures have been ordered, but it will probably take some time. Hopefully they all die before... Or well, I guess we still need them... But maybe another few bashes to the head will fix their weird ideas.
And to keep our general population busy, we decided to rebuild the overpass over the entrance to increase the efficiency of our haulers (right now the overpass is between the apartment buildings, not really helping) and add a sky barracks above it. This will shorten the ways for our militia, enabling them to respond quicker to any incoming threats and also free up some sleeping space in the common apartments.

26th Limestone
Mosey has now started sending letters of protest to all those fighting us about their lack of commitment. Seriously, this will doom us all...

3rd Sandstone
He surely succeeded in provoking them.

Completely out of the usual schedule goblins showed up today. They looked angry.
Slightly surprised by their quick reaction we ordered all the civilians inside, while the militia hurried to their positions.

6th Sandstone
As soon as our axe throwers arrived at their bastions, they ended the whole thing again. With almost every axe head chopping of some limb, the goblins were quickly routed.

12th Sandstone

Goblins, again! Well... It looks like they still didn't learn about arriving in force, but are now constantly trickling in.

13th Sandstone
Forget what I said. They brought some friends.

And with everyone scared of fighting our militia in melee, it looks like the bow is the recent weapon of choice.
About our situation, there was a good thing and a bad thing.
Good: The militia was already on the way out, the marksdwarves were already in the bastions.
Bad: Quite a few civilians were also out there.

14th Sandstone
While our militia was supposed to keep the entrance, they decided by themselves to charge into the Goblins coming from the left, while completely ignoring the Elves coming from the right side. Also our axethrowers had their problems for the first time. Several axe heads glanced off the elvish mithril armor. The civilians were making a run for the city, but with the militia now completely out of position, not even the city was entirely safe. I heard kamikazi shouting „ The Elves, the Elves, kill the Elves first!“ But would anybody follow her command, or were they already only guided by bloodlust and the Goblins in front of them?

(more Goblins to the left, more Elves to the right)

15th Sandstone
No one listened. But the Elves also didn't notice the gap in the defenses and instead stopped and were trying to shoot whatever they could aim for. A single ironclad cragtooth boar stopped their assault long enough for the soldiers to sluaghter all the Goblins and charge back towards the Elves. Even though the boar got killed in the end, the Elves had missed their chance. Instead they now faced about 20 legendary soldiers, in melee, while only armed with bows themselves. While their armor was mostly able to resist our copper ammonition, our finest steel weaponry wielded with that much skill was more then enough to beat them. Their situation was hopeless now and not a single one survived to see the next day.

3rd Timber
Mosey just angered another race.

And they reacted promptly. A siege! (forgot screenshot)
And it looks like they wouldn't lack commitment this time. We spotted 14 giant blightbats as scouts, 59 Orcs, including several Elite Orcs and 60 drowspiders used as mounts. We are still scared of those spiders. They may shred all our soldiers. And if you wonder, why there is one more mount then rider... Because that wasn't everything. The army was led by Mutog, a cyclops, the leader and deity of the Orcs, himself.

Even though the marksdwarves were in position this time, the situation was bad. Unlike last time, half of the army arrived just in front of our entrance. This gave us almost no reaction time.

We still ordered the hellfire turrets to be brought in position. But most likely the civilians would be scared of the sight of the orcs, before they could bring them to their destination.

4th Timber
Unlike the Elves the Orcs weren't missing their chance. They immediatetly charged into the entrance. Neither our javelins, nor our few guardians of armoks could stop them. The turrets would not be in time. Now there was just one thing. Glorious combat! Even though the spiders posed an insane risk, there was no choice. Kamikazi ordered the attack. We just had to hope for the spiders to die quickly, before they could disable all our soldiers with their webs.

When I saw Tenderroast with her 3 babies charging in first, I feared for the worst.
But when the fighters started clashing, we made a surprising observation. Even the Orcs struggled with all those webs flying around. And the drowspiders themselves were unable to bite through our steel plate armor. The first 3 Orcs were quickly cut down, while the bulk of the Orcs were still trying to take down those guardians. Even though they were unable to properly defend themselves, they again proved to be worth their weight in gold. They were standing there, taking a beating and keeping back all the Orcs. Until now we had only lost Tenderroast's basilisk, but neither of our warriors was hurt.
But also we had only killed 3 out of 60. The soldiers were now running for the guardians to face the main force of the Orcs in the midst of all those webs. But there was no turning back now.

But then happened, what no one thought was possible. One of our medical staff mambers managed to successfully bring a hellfire turret in position. But as soon as we received this good news, we also received a bad one. Nomal, our second sword dwarf, had charged right into those Orcs wiating on the outside... Right in front of the hellfire turret.

While all the other soldiers were still fighting under cover of the entrance path, killing the remaining Orcs there, he was out there alone, outnumbered at least 40:1 and soon to be bathed in fire.
The orcish elite sniper tried to disable the turret, before it could fire, when it started roaring. Once. In the same moment the fire left it's front, it broke down under the orcish bolts.
While at first, this looked unfortunate, it turned out good. The firebreath had targeted the group right next to Nomal, but didn't hit him. And so while he was rampaging through the Orcs, 7 of the spiders were burning, and the grass quickly caught fire too.
At the entrance path the warriors had finally overpowered their foes there, and were now following Nomal. They didn't care about the busfire roaring, they wanted to see all the Orcs dead. And the Orcs were falling quickly now.

5th Timber
With only 6 enemies left at the entrance, and the second half of the Orcs still hanging around the west of our city, not moving anywhere, we just wanted to rejoice....

(imagine black screen telling you about a siege here)
MOSEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
And the humans promptly answered this with another siege. They were arriving right next to the second Orc army, led by that Cyclops. We were hoping for them to fight each other, but that didn't happen.

6th Timber
As soon as our soldiers had finished their work, they hurried back into the city. The fire was burning and wouldn't stop any time soon. One of our wrestlers had caught fire now and was suffering severe injuries. Two soldiers had minor head wounds, probably from being webbed, but protected by their helmets. But expect for that we had just killed more then 60 foes with minor losses. Probably one wrestler, one turret, a basilisk and a few random animals. But there was no time for happiness. A second Orc army of the same size and a Human army were waiting out there. And we spotted a third, albeit smaller, Orc army in the south.

Our axethrowers went for the bastion in the east, and their leader, Ber, used again the artifact weapon i had made for him, and slaughtered a spider with a single axe head. With one of their armies lost, and now under fire, it looked like Mutog had enough. He started to run. And with him his whole army. With the Orcs gone, Ber and his men started pelting down on the Humans. Lacking ranged weaponry, they were helpless against those attacks from above. They looked confused, and couldn't decide on an action, now standing there in the rain of axes.

7th Timber
Erush (the wrestler) succumbed to his wounds. He was the first dwarf lost in this battle. I just hope we will be able to recover his body for a worthy burial.
But Mosey didn't have enough.

Automatons. This time they came from the east, but they would have a hard time coming any closer, with the bushfire slowly spreading towards their position.

11th Timber
With the fire coming closer, the Automatons didn't know what to do. And so they were standing there. On the other side of the side, the Humans were still camping below our axethrowers, but well protected by their steel armor most attacks glanced away. Nontheless most of the Humans had severe wounds by now, and would not pose a serious threat, if they would ever come close. With Mosey doing more stuff around the embassy we decided to install the second hellfireturret. Better be secure.

15th Timber
Even though they hadn't suffered a single loss, the Humans were retreating. All they left behind were trails of blood and severed limbs.

But now more Automatons showed up, some not seperated from the entrance by the wall of fire.
Dishmab, a novice wrestler (aka 0 in all skills!), who was drafted just as Erush had died, to serve as replacement, now felt, it was his time to revenge his predecessor. And so he went out there, alone, only armed with a steel tower shield. (I assume, he wanted to pick up the gear...)

That being his only weapon, he now clubbed the Automaton in front of him with blind hate with the Erushs good old shield. His opponent was stunnned by the ferocious attack of the rookie.

A javelin from above ended the duel in the dwarfs favor. But Dishmab didn't have enough. Seeing an Automaton going down the mining shaft to where Erush had passed away, he charged behind him. This time, there would be no supporting javelins from above...
But there was nothing stopping Dishmab. He took down the Automaton with only his shield, and claimed his first kill, before he had even started training.
With the surface cleaned of Automatons by the Marksdwarves, Dishmab was now able to collect Erushs old equipment and went back to the city. And then he joined training as if nothing happened. A true hero!

18th Timber
A Frost Giant had sneaked into the city, but was put down by a guardian of Armok.

No one knows where the guardian found that breastplate it used as weapon now... But there was surely enough stuff lying around.

20th Timber
Another Frost Giant decided to sneak in, but this time he was caught by kamikazi and Tenderroast. And kamikazi decided to show a new technique. I would call it the boomerang strike.
He struck the giant, and it was propelled back more then 30 meters, but by some sort of magic, got immediatetly pulled back more then 30 meters to a spot only a few meters away from where it stood originally, leaving a long trail of blue cold blood.

OOC: I have NO clue what just happened. In the time i could press pause 3 times, the Frost giant flew across the screen and back... So it was less then 2 seconds for sure... The combat log doesn't even show any bruises from skidding along the floor or something like that... But the blood trail is showing the path... So weird... OOCEND
Tenderroast obviously now tried the same, propelling the freezer another 30 meter towards all the other militiamembers training at the barracks.

And they just repeated the game, but this time sending the poor thing more then 40 meters in a curve, through the doors of the dining hall right in the middle of it. WHAT JUST HAPPENED?
One thing i know for sure, was that a panic happened. Because now there was a badly hurt but still alive Frost giant in the middle of our dining hall. But the problem was solved right away... By a guardian of Armok, sending the thief flying again, through the door, around a corner into the the apartment building, up 5 floors through the stairway....

Then finally some dwarf of the militia put the thief to rest, while it was still unconscious from all the flights...
OOC: So if i ignore the one second it took the Guardian to forcefully strike the thief again, this Frost Giant passed around 200 tiles, including 2 doors and 5 stairs in less then 4 seconds, after being hit 4 times. Considering the size and weight of a Frost Giant, combined with the the fact this happened on all the strikes against him, this is just... weird... and also strange is the fact, that while the 3 last blows send him flying in very weird curves... only the first one created this boomerang effect....
The blue blood trail shows the path quite well... And no, that Frost giant didn't walk a single tile of that way... I assume the wounds it got from the collision are when it slammed into the roof of the apartment building....
Here is the whole combat log:

OOCEND

24th Timber
When our fighters hunted down the last remaining Automatons, they also found 3 more Freezer thieves, but they were quickly outnumbered and proved no challenge.

1st Moonstone
Winter! Moseys provocations surely had their intended consequences. This season we faced more enemies then ever. We had killed more then 120 foes, with at least another 100 managing to flee the field. I was told, that Mutog, the cyclops wasn't considered a general for the Orcs anymore, probably due to his cowardliness in battle. Surprisingly we managed to defeat this onslaught with almost no casualties. We only lost one wrestler and a hellfire turret (and some animals^^). It looks like we are unbeatable. But we shouldn't celebrate to soon. We haven't yet faced the wrath of the Warlocks and the Frost giants. I'm not sure, if Mosey had declared War on them, but he wanted to. (Actually the order is gone, so i assume, he did it and i just didn't notice the message...)
For now we have to clean up the area for a bit.... But probably we will have more enemies soon. That won't have been the last attacks. Oh, and there are still those plans about poisons(toxicologist is built, just need some time to coat the weapons), the barracks and so on... But we have to catch some breath first.

OOC: killcount: kamikazi 33+18, tenderroast: 3+4(seriously... she had her hammer stuck in an Orcs head, twisted it around... and still didn't get the kill... never play dota, you are really bad at last hitting), DestroyX: 29+13
I have no idea how I survived this without any losses... Not even some random civilians... No webbed headhits... lucky punches... more burning dwarves... nothing... Hell, even the naked unskilled wrestler won two duels with automatons...
Also wondering about how the Cyclops got removed as general of the Orcs... It was the general (only important figure in c-screen) but as they retreated, it now shows " no important figures"... But it survived and escaped...
 Oh... and explain me the flying Frost giant... please!
All kills of this season:

Started the season with less then 800 dead... Now at 926.

Tenderroast

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: January 30, 2014, 01:42:41 am »

i punched it in the TONGUE?!? and sent it flying?! WTF THATS AWESOME

mahrgell

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: January 31, 2014, 09:18:14 am »

2nd Moonstone
We decided to let the civilians go outside again... Someone has to clean up the mess created. Let's just hope we are not turning this in a even bigger one.

14th Obsidian
Those last 2 months passed almost without anything worth noting. Clean up is still ongoing, but since there were no disruptions, it went quite well. No disruptions until today.

A flying devil? Not sure about his flying capabilities everyone was alarmed.

15th Obsidian
After lingering around slightly out of reach of our marksdwarves, the devil has now decided to fly over the wall into the city.

With it bypassing our entire defenses, leaving the military completely out of position, the civilians started to panic.
On the outside a drow caravan arrived, but for now we had no time for them.

16th Obsidian
With the workers running, again it looked like the animals would be our savior. Several pets charged at the demon, and while none survived a single blow, they still stalled the demon enough for our militia to arrive. The axethrowers caused some fractured bones, hopefully limiting the devils fighting abilities.

With most of its ribs arelady broken, the creature now got swarmed by the militia. Most strikes focused on it's body, but none was able to severe it, when kamikazi rendered the demon unable to fight by severing it's scythe blade (it's a body part, not a weapon). The other soldiers noticed the efficiency of that approach and quickly cut off body part after body part from their enemy.

It was kamikazi again, who gave the finishing blow, bisecting what was left of it. (don't ask me, how almost every hit of her knuckleduster severs something... more efficient then any axe)

17th Obsidian
With the devil put to rest we had some time to look at the drow... The caravan consisted out of 85 creatures. They were surely eager to trade, even though we had ignored them the last few years.

21st Obsidian
What at first looked like a single Frost giant thief turned out as an entire ambush party. Instead of facing one giant, now there were about 15. And tons of civilians were running around like headless chicken between them.

As the militia faced the invaders, again one Frost giant started flying around. AGAIN? It flew around the corner into the entrance road landing at the trade depot, where the drow already waited, sending it back the road up into the barracks, when the giant was finally finished off. (that is again 140 tiles in a few seconds, including some impossible curves and up some stairs...)We will never understand what is happening here.

22nd Obsidian
Probably because they knew the uses of the valuable bifrost from the giants bodies, there was no stopping this militia. Merciless they hunted down every ambusher, and even the arrival of a couple more thieves (frost giants and kobolds) could not slow them down. Sadly, with all the civilians caught by surprise on the outside, sacrifices could not be prevented. One hauler was struck down, before anything could be done for him.

1st Granite
New Year! After an unexciting first half of the year, Moseys actions surely had turned autumn in the most busy season for our militia ever. Compared to that, winter with it's 20 killed Frost giants was fairly uneventful again. But on the inside of the city many things had changed. The administration hall was finished and except for stones most items were sorted (at least in the city... due to the autumn mess the outside is still full of trash) Even the new barracks building over the entrance road was almost completely done, only missing parts of its roof. Regrettably we weren't able to trade with the mountain homes this year, which would have been useful to reduce the clutter. Nex year's plans involve finishing the barracks and a few plans for new buildings, which can't be revealed yet. On the military side of things we didn't come to expanding our military further, which was originally planned for this year, but this should be done soon. The task of poisoning our weapons is currently under way, with DestroyX already wielding his bitterroot poisoned superior steel zweihander. Oddly, it looks like our poisoner refuses to apply poison to named weapons. If that's the case, it would require us to remake a huge part of our current weaponry. Well, maybe we can get a few more legendary ones out of it to make it worth.
Also we will consider making more advanced armorsets out of Bifrost and welded mithril. Our supplies of both materials would allow for a few more sets, replacing the good old steel plate armor. 
With all these improvements on the horizon it looks like the only ones that could defeat us, are ourselves. During the last year, besides some civilians caught out of position, the only casualty was one wrestler, that died to the fire we had started ourselves. There werent even any serious injuries to any of our soldiers, while they killed more then 200 enemies. But there were some talks about an evil place deep down the earth... Maybe we should look for a challenge there?

OOC: If i repeatedly declare war on the frost giants, can i provoke some sieges? ^^ Otherwise i feel like breaking HFS, even though it may kill the FPS. (I'm more worried about FPS then HFS... weird....)
I won't be online during the weekend, so i think the earliest update i can do is next monday. I will try to make another fortress overview before to show you how it all looks like. I'm quite happy about how the city progressed.

DestroyX

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: January 31, 2014, 06:53:04 pm »

the "declare war" reaction actually just runs the "forcesiege" command in dfhack^^ (which is different from "force siege" because it checks the siege requirements^^)

so you can declare war over and over again^^

but beware, the sieges seem to get bigger everytime, so dont underestimate this or be ready for tons of !!FUN!!

also i still wonder about the poisoned weapons... i'm really sure you can also do the named weapons... >.>
gotta test it later...

oh, and a zweihander sounds really nice... just gotta hope i dont get hit from some stray arrow :D

mahrgell

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: February 03, 2014, 05:22:16 am »

the "declare war" reaction actually just runs the "forcesiege" command in dfhack^^ (which is different from "force siege" because it checks the siege requirements^^)

so you can declare war over and over again^^

but beware, the sieges seem to get bigger everytime, so dont underestimate this or be ready for tons of !!FUN!!

also i still wonder about the poisoned weapons... i'm really sure you can also do the named weapons... >.>
gotta test it later...

oh, and a zweihander sounds really nice... just gotta hope i dont get hit from some stray arrow :D

niceabout the sieges, will probably try that :D
about the poisons:
For now i had 4 soldiers dropping their weapons, and basically almost every other not equipped weapon was designated for melting/forbidden
The toxicologist immediately grabbed the one not named weapon, and since that is now having fun poisoning my picks... but hasn't touched a single named weapon yet(neither of the 3 dropped ones, nor of the dozen ones lying around). As i can not dump named items, and i seriously don't feel like fiddling around with my QSP to get the named ones out of it, it looks like the toxicologist is ignoring them... But maybe once he is done with all the picks, he will take the named ones... I will see.
And stray arrows... Uh... Not sure when was the last time i saw any projectile hurting an armored dwarf ^^ To me it looks ike most dangerous is any kind of stun/web + a headhit by a creature stronger then a drowspiders. As there are about 20 such legendary dwarves, even if one gets critically hit (which hasn't happened in the last year, even with all those enemies, and some odd matchups^^)  the other dwarves are usually jumping in and dodgemoving/hitlocking the enemy off the victim.

mahrgell

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: February 03, 2014, 06:01:41 am »

State of the Fortress
Right now there are 194 adults, 30 children, 9 babies in the city. As i have a popcap of 200 this means no more migrants. Among those are 50 legendary dwarves, with most being part of the military. Militia consists out of 19 melee and 23 ranged dwarves. (will probaly be expanded to about 25+23)
Our livestocks have been reduced from over 250 to 92 right now (the drake popultion was reduced by fire, the rest was sold to the caravan), with most of it being caged and waiting for the autumn caravan.
There are 953 confirmed deaths right now, and I surely won't count them by type, but i guess there are about 25 citizens, 60-80 drakes and 50 moleweasel among them
Kill counts for the named dwarves is :
kamikazi 38+18 (highest in the city)
DestroyX: 29+13
Tenderroast: 3+4
Lenz: 5+7
Cityvalue is fairly decent, but I haven't done anything special to artificially raise it, and also have never produced any tradegood besides about 100 hourglasses in the early game, which were not even worth 10k ^^ Foodsupplies are having quite some variance, but never dropped too low, with 3 butchers never resting (and we still having way too many corpses) and the kitchens/stills/distilleries running most of the year.
Almost all furniture is made from bone, while all constructions are made from stone, mostly sandstone. (except some gimmicks made from platinum/cobalt/silver) Right now we have used 13750 blocks for construction (and 112 bars).
Our metal supplies are seemingly endless and we have still tons of items that need to be smelted and quite some stockpiles of ores.

Oh and we have about 100k gold coins.

But now let's have a look at it.

Ground level z:

north side, z+1

north side, z+2

north side, z+3

north side, z+4

south, z+0

south, z+1

south z+2

south, z+3

Honestly, when making the screenshots i felt a bit sad i didn't make the stairs/ramps a bit steeper in moseys building, so giving the whole thing a few more z-levels. As it is right now, it is quite hard to imagine what i wanted to built with those rampways :/

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #104 on: February 03, 2014, 07:55:45 am »

I'd say you wanted to make something like this:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8