Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 67

Author Topic: The Filth of Kalgena: IC Thread. Chapter 3.  (Read 50772 times)

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
The Filth of Kalgena: IC Thread. Chapter 3.
« on: December 30, 2013, 08:41:38 pm »

OOC thread.

You are traveling south to Kalgena, each for your own reasons, but have joined together for safety from bandits, who have harassed you multiple times. The terrain is rather flat, with vegetation limited to scrub, sagebrush and tall cacti.  The road is more a well trodden down dirt path than a proper paved road, about twenty feet wide, with vegetation encroaching on the sides. Mount Kalgena rose from the horizon yesterday, and you figure that you’re about a day from the city.

It is an hour and a half after dawn, June 10th, 1259. Last night, you made camp behind a large rock formation, with a small spring nearby. You have just unpitched your camp, and are preparing to set out again. All spellcasters have done their morning rituals, and are at full capacity. Everyone is at full hitpoints.

What do you do?
« Last Edit: January 01, 2015, 02:51:35 am by My Name is Immaterial »

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
Re: The Filth of Kalgena: IC Thread.
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2013, 08:45:31 pm »

((No meetup phase?))

Loping into the camp from his customary nightly wanderings, Gregory Ragefist gestures in the direction of the city.
Shall we go?

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2013, 10:04:02 pm »

Gartens cracks her neck as she stands up from her prayers. In the time they'd traveled together, it had become clear that the woman always meditated for about fifteen to twenty minutes, then performed martial exercises and drills for twenty to thirty minutes, and prayed to her goddess for the last part of the hour. The routine was repeated at night, albeit for a shorter time.

"I'd say we should. Can one of you help me with these buckles, first? It's a bitch to put on by myself."

Two dogs sat on their haunches behind her, each outfitted with pads, studded in numerous places, as well as carrying bundles on their back, consisting of the various camping equipment belonging to the woman. Her massive shield and spear were lain against a nearby tree, and her armor is laid out, only about a third of it worn as she struggles to reach one of the sets of straps on her back.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2013, 04:59:34 am »

Putting out the remains of a campfire with his boot, Edgrick offers to help.

After doing so, he straps his rapiers' scabbards above his left hip, hefts his pack onto his back, and struggles down to pick up the shortbow he will probably end up using as a very bendy cane by the end of the day. Upon setting off, he'll keep an arrow in the notch and eye on the undergrowth, in case something that might make lunch presents itself.

AlleeCat

• Bay Watcher
  • Black, the beast, descends from shadows...
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2013, 11:10:10 am »

Alaris lovingly tunes her violin, grabbing her relatively light pack and setting off with the others. She says a short prayer to Farlanghn and hums a travelling tune which seems to wake her up and put a spring in her step.

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 01, 2014, 11:40:57 pm »

You continue south for a few hours, the mountain rising in front of you. The road cuts through a large, rocky hill, running between steep sandstone walls. The gap between them is about 50 feet wide. Some rubble has fallen on the road. Some has been pushed off the sides, but many pieces still litter the road.

You have reached the base of the hill, the earth gently sloping up beside you.

Give me some spot checks.

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 01, 2014, 11:43:30 pm »

WA-SPOT!

How many rocks do I see?

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 01, 2014, 11:56:14 pm »

"This is ambush territory. Be careful."

The crusader looks about cautiously, though her attention is somewhat divided, tending to focus on the shiny rocks, or keeping an eye on her hounds. One hand rests on her spear, though, and her tower shield is strapped to her arm.

((Gartens' Spot check; and the pups'.))
((Would Listen checks be warranted too?))
« Last Edit: January 01, 2014, 11:57:59 pm by Rolepgeek »
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 02, 2014, 12:01:23 am »

Cade had been silent through his preparation and packing up, and just silently followed the others when they left. He wasn't foolish enough to go on his own after all!

Spot Check!

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 02, 2014, 01:19:55 am »

(Ignore if the GM finds something wrong me my sheet or wants to introduce the character later)

Laura had been up early, if she had even slept at all. From the looks of it, she had made her preparations and prayers for the day in the wee-hours before dawn and had spent most of the time since then scratching shapes into the ground with a stick.

Spot Check: 1d20+3=14

"The best part about having eyes" The cleric comments with a giggle as she clanks down the road in her heavy armor "is that you never know what you are going to see when you open them."

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 02, 2014, 07:28:31 am »

As he marched along - having almost totally forgotten the moderately hostile nature of the ground they were crossing, or at least the bandits they'd dispatched yesterday, Edgrick slipped into a daydream. He walked on, ignoring the comments from the others, thinking about that time back then whe-

Suddenly he walked into a rock, stubbing his toe and barely avoiding smashing his face into the ground. He looked up sheepishly, and remembered that despite a few days' travelling together, he couldn't rely on his current companions. He couldn't trust them.

He looked up and squinted around, vision blurred with the pain of his toe.

Nothing.

Spot Check: 1d20+9=10

« Last Edit: January 02, 2014, 10:58:14 am by lawastooshort »

AlleeCat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 02, 2014, 10:07:59 am »

1d20+1=21 (Natural 20)

Alaris suddenly stops humming her tune, distracted by something in the distance.
« Last Edit: January 02, 2014, 12:00:12 pm by AlleeCat »

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 02, 2014, 03:43:14 pm »

She spies a rock sitting in the shadow of another rock. After blinking from the bright light of the sun, she looks back. The not very rocky rock had dissappeared.

AlleeCat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 02, 2014, 05:03:57 pm »

"H-hey guys? Wasn't there another rock over there a second ago?" She looks quizzically at the spot the strange rock had just been.

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 02, 2014, 05:14:19 pm »

No one else saw the rock that dissapeared. It was on the top of the left wall.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 67