Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 49 50 [51] 52 53 ... 67

Author Topic: The Filth of Kalgena: IC Thread. Chapter 3.  (Read 50771 times)

AlleeCat

• Bay Watcher
  • Black, the beast, descends from shadows...
    • View Profile
Re: The Filth of Kalgena: IC Thread. Chapter 2.
« Reply #750 on: July 06, 2014, 10:46:39 pm »

[CON] "Yea, Coalition doctors checked me all over. Pretty invasive. I was not happy at all."

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #751 on: July 06, 2014, 10:55:46 pm »

"Oh right, those things latch onto you, don't they...were you guys talking about anything interesting? I ask as a friend, not a Coalition officer."
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #752 on: July 07, 2014, 02:43:10 am »

"Well... yes. It might be interesting as a friend and as a coalition officer. We know of someone who was trying to buy stolen goods, and we were wondering what we should do about this knowledge. I was about to conclude that probably the best thing to do would just be to let the admittedly illegal exchange take place, and observe it to ensure no violence broke out. I was about to suggest that having friends who could aid in our ensuring no violence breaks out could be useful."

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #753 on: July 11, 2014, 02:48:23 am »

Joes Arlandt:
You, with some minimal help from Hix'ix'ix, hoist the woman onto your shoulders. You intend to carry her to one of the Coalition Patrol Stations that you've seen, but you find yourself lost, tired and under scrutiny by some shady figures in dark alleys. It'd be best to get out of the street. Luckily, you stumble upon a possible solution: outside one of the many identical buildings that line this street hangs a sign, emblazoned with the words "Samantha's House of Remedies". From the outside, it looks clean and trustworthy. Either way, the woman should be able to cover her own health care.
Redmountain's brand of logic must have gotten to you. You shake your head, and knock on the door. A woman, likely Samantha, opens it, takes one look at the woman, and leads you through her office to an room that is part examination room, part surgery, part apothecary, and part storage room for strange medical items.
You lay out the victim onto the examination table, and she begins her examination.

Samantha Gralthon:
It's late at night on a quiet week, but you still sit in your office, waiting for someone to knock on your door. Which is when someone does.
You stand, and open the door to see a young man with a woman slung over his shoulder, with a kobold following along. Recognizing potential customers, you wave them inside, and have the man place the patient on the slab. As you begin to poke and prod her sleeping form, her eyes flutter open.

Laura Godkissed:
You awake to the sensation of being methodically poked all around, and try to open your bleary eyes. It sort of works. What ever the assassin did to you still is affecting you.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #754 on: July 11, 2014, 04:21:07 am »

Without wasting time on greetings or discussion, the young woman presumed to be Samantha goes to work inspecting her patient.
She does so by placing a palm against Laura's skin briefly before tugging open armour and clothes to inspect the wound on her back, narrowing her eyes and making a small 'tsk' sound of concern as she does so.

"Very warm. Odd. Hm. Hmm." The woman spares a glance for Joes as she moves over to a wooden counter, cluttered with various glass bottles, vials, satchels of herbs and surgical tools. "What happened to her, exactly? She was stabbed?"

Samantha herself is a somewhat short, pale young woman with a longish nose and a rounded, thin face.
Her straight, light blonde hair is kept simply tied back out of the way, and she wears sturdy dark-coloured cotton clothes and leather boots, clearly favouring practicality over fashion. The outfit is completed by a thick, brown and somewhat oversized woolen overcoat, bearing plenty of superfluous buckles and pockets containing gods-know-what.

Right now her narrow, greyish-blue eyes are trained attentively on Laura as the latter comes to on the examination table.
"Hold still, dear, you're safe now," she murmurs distractedly to her patient, as she inspects the dagger-wound more closely.

Heal check: 12.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #755 on: July 12, 2014, 01:01:38 am »

Samantha Gralthon:
((Your lab gives you a +2 to Heal checks. And, assuming that you took my advice about the Healer's Kit, that's another +3. So you actually have a 17.))
She's a deep laceration in her back, about 4 inches in. It looks like whatever caused this missed any of her vital organs, and the bleeding has slowed, as long as you keep the wound closed. She should be fine with some stitches and a polituce.

The kobold has pulled a stool up to the table, and explains the situation. "Ssshe tried to ssstop an assssassssin. He threw a dagger at her," gesturing at the wound, "and then ssshe collapsssed. He ssslit hisss own throat." The little dragonkind is breathing heavily, even though it seems the incident seems to have happened five? ten? minutes ago.
"Ssshe going to be okay, doc?

Laura Godkissed:
You hear a woman's calm, soothing voice break through the excruciating pain, as something pokes at your new wound. You think you can probably manage a few words, but your vision is still unclear.

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #756 on: July 12, 2014, 01:19:28 am »

"...I still breathe. Alive is as far from safe as one can get." Laura does her best to chuckle in spite of the pain.

She squints... trying to see, and trying to remember. "I think the... who did this to me... made himself safe though," she mutters weakly.

« Last Edit: July 12, 2014, 01:45:57 am by Weirdsound »

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #757 on: July 12, 2014, 02:53:16 pm »

((Alright but if we're in teams, can my team be Team Wombat? I want to be Team Wombat!))
"You mean those purple worm things? I haven't encountered any since Guy and I were on a job."
*secret rolls*
Valentis pulls off a very average bluff. (10)
Guy is convinced of her story. (Fail)
Gartens is initially suspicious, but the look in the bard's eyes leaves her less sure. (Tie)
Browne notices a lump on the back of her neck, covered by her hair. Alaris scratches the back of her head, and when her hand passes over the lump, it seems to wriggle slightly. (Success)

Angle

• Bay Watcher
  • 39 Indigo Spear Questions the Poor
    • View Profile
    • Agora Forum Demo!
« Reply #758 on: July 12, 2014, 03:00:45 pm »

*Stand around awkwardly*

Agora: open-source platform to facilitate complicated discussions between large numbers of people. Now with test site!

The Temple of the Elements: Quirky Dungeon Crawler

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #759 on: July 12, 2014, 03:32:13 pm »

"Oh right, those things latch onto you, don't they...well...were you guys talking about anything interesting? I ask as a friend, not a Coalition officer."
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

AlleeCat

• Bay Watcher
  • Black, the beast, descends from shadows...
    • View Profile
« Reply #760 on: July 13, 2014, 04:56:46 pm »

"I honestly lost track of what we were talking about... Something about an exchange?"

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #761 on: July 14, 2014, 04:05:24 am »

Samantha peers at the wound in Laura's back for a few moments longer, then moves over to a nearby bench.
She picks out a small bottle of almost-clear liquid along with a needle and thread, then steps back to the operating table, murmurs a few more soothing words to her patient, and goes to work.
She says idly to Joes, with a brief glance aside, "You may need to hold her down. This will likely hurt a bit."

>Clean out the wound and sew it up, then put together an appropriate kind of poultice before wrapping it in a bandage.

Heal check: 12.
(Yes, an actual twelve this time.)

>Inspect the woman on my operating table, as well as her companions. What manner of people are they, to have assassins trying to bump them off? Do they seem fairly well-to-do, or is the lady's raggedy-arse outfit more than a fashion statement?
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #762 on: July 14, 2014, 06:49:38 am »

"I honestly lost track of what we were talking about... Something about an exchange?"

"Yes. How we know about someone wanting to receive some stolen goods, and what we should do about that. I believe we thought we should let them receive them and just monitor the situation, as it might be useful information at a later time. Come, colleagues, are your officer-selves able to turn a blind eye for a moment in order to gain useful leverage for another time? It is possible that this exchange may reveal something about the factions in Kalgena. So, I would ask, as friends - will you come and observe this exchange taking place with Alaris and Cado? The only intervention I would ask is that of extreme violence should anything bad happen..."

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #763 on: July 14, 2014, 11:03:57 am »

She says idly to Joes, with a brief glance aside, "You may need to hold her down. This will likely hurt a bit."

Laura lets out a weak chuckle. "Being hurt is letting a child get stabbed because you mistook an Assassin for a Pocket Farmer... This will meerly make my flesh scream a bit... but do have me held down. I don't like it when the people I'm trying to heal squirm."

The Cleric sniffs the air as her coherency begins to return. Her healer smelt of curiosity, with a faint hint of greed. Perhaps without thinking about the consequences of shocking one's medic just before a procedure, Laura answers the unspoken inquiry. "Oh, don't worry... I'm not as poor as I look. In many ways, in fact, I consider myself quite rich. I should be able pay whatever you ask, assuming you are not selling your integrity to the whims of the market for extra shiny, like so many in this town do."

1d20+13=30 Sense Motive Check to know she is being examined.

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #764 on: July 14, 2014, 02:54:42 pm »

Samantha Gralthon:
The Kobold is nicely dressed, but also has some unwashed dirt from the mines on his face. An overseer, prehaps?
The human, on the other hand, is dressed rather averagely. He's unremarkable, and, hence, unreadable.
Pages: 1 ... 49 50 [51] 52 53 ... 67