Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 112

Author Topic: Smster W/ Love - Game Over  (Read 213274 times)

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure his!
    • View Profile
Re: Smstr W / Love : A Lovely End Of The World - Day 1 - Class Selection
« Reply #315 on: January 26, 2014, 09:44:18 am »

I get the impression Tiruin  wants us to scumhunt and leave the puzzle to the "big people".

Tiruin: why don't you vote us, then, if only to get your point across. Others have done pressure votes, including yourself.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #316 on: January 26, 2014, 09:49:35 am »

TDS: how much information do you think the mod is actually hiding from us?

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #317 on: January 26, 2014, 09:50:16 am »

I believe you don't know my philosophy of Mafia. I withhold my vote and leave others to figure out my suspicions-as well as taking notes on how a person would act when voted or not. :)

I get the impression Tiruin  wants us to scumhunt and leave the puzzle to the "big people".
What? Heck no. I'm saying that your posts, checking it all in the lurkertracker, somehow contain more questions without asking others: meaning you're more involved in puzzlefinding.

I detect that pessimism thing. Please don't take it that way. I am not denouncing you or anyone else..

As for why someone needs to summon a meteor..did Web state that it was already summoned or just like 'hey guys, we need 'x' to do 'y''. As in, note ahead of time.

The first post states directly that the meteor has been summoned.
Yeah I'm blind :X

Also, what kind of questions should I ask? Should I stick to scumhunting?
Same kind of note to 4mask goes to you, but no-I'm not stopping anyone or..telling anyone to do so. I'm just saying that, (or..I think its just me?) the thread's posts are many, and while you're free on asking the queries--I feel like its too much to focus on the questions at hand (given that I also see lacking questions to others; I've done so myself, but at least know the general gist of the game from my questions to Web) in talking about the game rather than its people.

We've established that there's something behind the core matter now: Repetition of 3s. Then we talked about the terminology and its uses, which seems clarified to most.

So..yeah. I'm not saying you're doing something wrong (or inhibiting you guys in whichever), but I'm just saying...that maybe you could condense your posts..more?

Or maybe its just my OC showing again. :X

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #318 on: January 26, 2014, 09:53:30 am »

I believe you don't know my philosophy of Mafia. I withhold my vote and leave others to figure out my suspicions-as well as taking notes on how a person would act when voted or not. :)

What? Heck no. I'm saying that your posts, checking it all in the lurkertracker, somehow contain more questions without asking others: meaning you're more involved in puzzlefinding.

I detect that pessimism thing. Please don't take it that way. I am not denouncing you or anyone else..

As for why someone needs to summon a meteor..did Web state that it was already summoned or just like 'hey guys, we need 'x' to do 'y''. As in, note ahead of time.

The first post states directly that the meteor has been summoned.
Yeah I'm blind :X

Also, what kind of questions should I ask? Should I stick to scumhunting?
Same kind of note to 4mask goes to you, but no-I'm not stopping anyone or..telling anyone to do so. I'm just saying that, (or..I think its just me?) the thread's posts are many, and while you're free on asking the queries--I feel like its too much to focus on the questions at hand (given that I also see lacking questions to others; I've done so myself, but at least know the general gist of the game from my questions to Web) in talking about the game rather than its people.

We've established that there's something behind the core matter now: Repetition of 3s. Then we talked about the terminology and its uses, which seems clarified to most.

So..yeah. I'm not saying you're doing something wrong (or inhibiting you guys in whichever), but I'm just saying...that maybe you could condense your posts..more?

Or maybe its just my OC showing again. :X
No, I know it was pointless. My questions were absolutely idiotic. They were more out of frustration at not knowing anything and not having questions to ask.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #319 on: January 26, 2014, 09:56:13 am »

Back to the game:

Makeinu: you never answered Tiruin's question as it was intended. You have some off-topic RP answer, but never touched the actual question. Why are you reluctant to share your suspicions?

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #320 on: January 26, 2014, 09:58:20 am »

Noooooo
Oh no, are you taking this personally? D: Noo I didn't mean it personally! I mean, yes some questions are seemingly out of league or out of context but its also the answer that matters--I look back at The Lonely Prince and see that even out-of-the-way questions get answers that are totally relevant to the puzzle, given hindsight at a future time!

Please no pessimism :S

PPE: Ah.
Ok.

So I'm reading up for future note-but I'll be posting a long time later on because I've got other forum work to catch up to.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #321 on: January 26, 2014, 10:03:56 am »

Noooooo
Oh no, are you taking this personally? D: Noo I didn't mean it personally! I mean, yes some questions are seemingly out of league or out of context but its also the answer that matters--I look back at The Lonely Prince and see that even out-of-the-way questions get answers that are totally relevant to the puzzle, given hindsight at a future time!

Please no pessimism :S

PPE: Ah.
Ok.

So I'm reading up for future note-but I'll be posting a long time later on because I've got other forum work to catch up to.
Erm... I'm not taking it personally. I'm admitting that the questions I asked were stupid, because they were meant to be that way. That statement has nothing to do with anything you said.

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #322 on: January 26, 2014, 10:19:23 am »

TDS: how much information do you think the mod is actually hiding from us?

This being what it is, just about everything.
Don't die; it's bad for your health!

it happened it happened it happen im so hyped to actually get attacked now

makeinu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #323 on: January 26, 2014, 10:22:55 am »

Back to the game:

Makeinu: you never answered Tiruin's question as it was intended. You have some off-topic RP answer, but never touched the actual question. Why are you reluctant to share your suspicions?

Blargh. Link or no answer. What question, in particular? I can't be arsed to remember my homework now, I already turned in the assignment! And I never touch questions. You never know where those things have been.

As for sharing, I have had nothing to share. Except ice cream, and I don't share ice cream. I suspect there's too much blathering about the mechanics under the auspices of "it's a bastard mod game question all your modalities, pants are optional as head gear!"

Which is just silly.

Historically speaking, 23% of people are Evil. I can think of nothing more Evil than summoning a meteorite to kill us all just because you can't get a Promcoming Dance date. Or have acne scars that everyone else notices. Or got defriended on MyFace, or YouBook, or FaceSpace, or whatever you social butterflies are all into this season. Or whatever reason it is that said meteor was summoned. Though I have to point out that if it were an actual meteor, we'd already be dead now. It's not in the atmosphere, therefore, it's still just a giant, relative to us, not the planet, if it were giant relative to the planet we'd be the space rock, space rock.

That, I learned in Science class. And you all called me silly for taking Science. Well who's laughing now? NO ONE! Because we're all going to DIE!! Unless we find the three Evil slackers and force them to amend their ways and reverse their summoning.

I think the asteroid will thank us as well. I'm reasonably certain it doesn't wish to meet a fiery end either. That's just a terrible story for school reunions.

"So, what did you do after high school, Rocky?"

"Oh, you know, little of this, little of that. I smashed a planet once, killed everyone."

"Wow! That's ... kinda horrible actually..."

"Yeah, lots of screaming, everyone cursing my name. I feel really terrible about it now..."

Seriously. Just go toot your concerns on Peeper, or whatever, and get over it. No one will remember you in twenty years  unless you're rich then, in which case everyone will have been your bestest friend ever can I come over to your place gosh that's a nice car say can you help me get a job?

Leafsnail: why do you want to kill the only one we've got confirmation of being totally GoodTM?

That doesn't seem very nice. I will not tip my hat to you.
In 2142, We made the Regenabots. They made us immortal. Now the year is 2165. Too many humans, and not nearly enough to go around. What have we done? Join this dark world today.

The Starcrash. A global disaster that destroyed our homeworld. The AI Council tries to hold us together. But some of us won't be kept in line. We are the Free Captains. We are Star Pirates.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #324 on: January 26, 2014, 10:28:42 am »

Leafsnail: am awaiting an explanation that does not have holes or involve a massive amount of speculation, where your only defense is "can you prove otherwise".  I respect that you are an experienced player who has cracked games, but your explanation seems far-fetched.  It smacks of a scum trying to cover his arse to me.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #325 on: January 26, 2014, 10:33:51 am »

PFP

You're all voting Leafsnaill..why? I mean, sure-judge by the generality of his posts.

What in his posts mark him out, as-is?

Also for one point before I really thought makeinu was in college and we'd be age-buddies. Or he really is, but sounds real mature when he speaks. <3

..This is the sugar speaking. Note to self: Stop indulging sweettooth.

makeinu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Smstr W / Love : A Lovely End Of The World - FULL - Setting Up...
« Reply #326 on: January 26, 2014, 10:41:23 am »

By this:

In case you can't read, notquitethere is your Class President, and who would ever elect a corrupt politician? so, she's totally Good.

Aaaaand, your gender and stuff are in your roles. If you're not told you're Evil, you're not Evil. Have fun. Ask away, foolish fools. I'm sure I forgot to explain something.

notquitethere is Confirmed Not Evil.

we "know" some things. Some things are deducible.

Good == Not Evil.

Evil == something uncommon, special, note-worthy.

Note-worthy is being of smaller numbers. Smaller numbers confirmed by historical data.

Killing everyone, which a meteor impact will do, just ask the dinosaurs, oh wait you CAN'T, because they're all DEAD from meteor poisoning!!, is bad. Evil, even.

Therefore, trying to blame the only person who's golden light of goodness shines confirmed among us is either Evil, or just very, very silly, in a totally not Good way.
In 2142, We made the Regenabots. They made us immortal. Now the year is 2165. Too many humans, and not nearly enough to go around. What have we done? Join this dark world today.

The Starcrash. A global disaster that destroyed our homeworld. The AI Council tries to hold us together. But some of us won't be kept in line. We are the Free Captains. We are Star Pirates.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #327 on: January 26, 2014, 11:03:34 am »

Didn't anyone ask LS' intent on why he did so before?
..I forget if I did. blargh.

Leafsnail: Why are you voting N-
*checks back*
wait, I did, but failed to address it in full.
Why are you voting NQT? The vote-post explains to an audience, but leaves little for NQT to answer.

Anyway, why I'm not asking the gist of the same questions you guys seem to be is (woo, let's assume. Nice one Tiruin >_>) because Leafsnail did his own questioning, too.
Listing all his posts, start at [4]:
4, I was wrong about the brevity-but then, I was posting to recent posts.
5-7/8
10(?), 11-13, !14!-16, 17, 18, 19, 20 (lost post at the time), 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, **26**, 27.

So, yeah. I did take the note of him promising clear and concise--..you guys don't seem to be the patient kind, or saw something else than what I saw? I also note that there don't seem to be hidden malice within his questionings, despite Leafsnail always having that vibe of in-between-the-lines-speak to me.

Symbols for indicative measure. ! = vote. * = important (for me)

Ok, seriously, now I'm going off. Must be coherent next time.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #328 on: January 26, 2014, 11:06:53 am »

Tiruin: I am voting him because I am outright skeptical of his intent.  He seems to think that evil not meaning meteor summoning (doubtful, imho), and that somehow that connects to NQT being a summoner, when he ISN'T on the voting list at all, implying that we CANNOT vote for him.  However, if Leafsnail provides a reasonable answer that makes sense, I will consider retracting my vote.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #329 on: January 26, 2014, 11:08:57 am »

...He's sleeping. :v

Also I quite see a notquitethere on the voting list.
But I didn't in the first place, explaining all dem questions to Webby.
I believe notquitethere has a charm of invisibility to be so mundane you can't see it at first glance. Or, is uncapitalized.
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 112