Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 112

Author Topic: Smster W/ Love - Game Over  (Read 212862 times)

makeinu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Smstr W / Love : A Lovely End Of The World - Day 1 - Class Selection
« Reply #375 on: January 26, 2014, 08:14:16 pm »

Wait... You have a stated wincon? That... Is very bastardy of the mod.

It does not expressly say it is a win condition, but the reading of it is pretty clear when taken as a whole: there is something I must accomplish before the meteor hits.
In 2142, We made the Regenabots. They made us immortal. Now the year is 2165. Too many humans, and not nearly enough to go around. What have we done? Join this dark world today.

The Starcrash. A global disaster that destroyed our homeworld. The AI Council tries to hold us together. But some of us won't be kept in line. We are the Free Captains. We are Star Pirates.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
Re: Smstr W / Love : A Lovely End Of The World - FULL - Setting Up...
« Reply #376 on: January 26, 2014, 08:16:08 pm »

@Tiruin: I agree with your points re: misleading opening text.  You're right, we don't even know what we're voting for.

Webadict: What percentage of teenagers are evil?

I questioned it right here.  This was before you posted.

You claim that you figured all of this out before anyone else did, but that just isn't true.  You were the first one to actively voice it, certainly.  I had already come to the conclusion you had and dismissed it as too simple.  I questioned NQT's "confirmed town" status because I believed something to be up, but given the fact that the mod had been ambiguous on damn near everything, I decided to hold back until I had more information.  You, on the other hand, went ahead and posted what you suspected.  You seem to be missing the "slightly-bastard" part of the description: this isn't full-on bastard mod, even though both of us and probably several others have been looking at it that way.
Ok, you can take credit if you like.  I don't particularly care.  I think part of the difficulty of the setup is that attacking a confirmed townie head-on requires a player to take a huge risk - I think it's fair to say that NQT would probably have glided along without any real suspicion for a good while if I hadn't called him out.

I think you're wrong about "semi-bastard", incidentally.  Webadict defines what he means by semi-bastard in the OP - a bastard game in which the moderator does not lie to you.  We know he can't mean "a regular mafia game with some funky roles/ flavour puzzles", because nobody (other than NQT who is lying) seems to know their win con.  That alone makes it a full bastard game.

Does Anyone Actually Have A Wincon?
I don't, but I'm pretty sure you do.  You were calling yourself a Confirmed Townie earlier, right?  How can you say that if you don't know your wincon?

I am evil and didn't summon the meteor as I said earlier.

Which one?
The meteor one, although I'd be ok with you giving us tips for any other impending apocalypses too.

Because of, quite frankly, Occam's Razor. The simplest answer is likely the right one. NQT is confirmed not-evil, therefore, confirmed town.
Only in that case we'd expect him to be actually confirmed town.  Not confirmed to not be an unspecified alignment.  Your Occam's Razor fails because there has to be a reason for the vagueness.

You keep saying "You clearly don't understand a bastard game", but it is YOU who is being willfully ignorant. This isn't a bastard game like the ones you mentioned, this is a slightly bastard game. The odds of a slightly bastard game having as contrived of a puzzle as you hypothesize is rather, in my opinion, low. You keep trying to over-inflate the issue, but really, you're treating this like it's larger than it is, or you're scum going for an easy town lynch. Use Occam's Razor again, and odds are you're scum.
It's not slightly bastard.  webadict said "semi", and then defined "semi-bastard" as "a game where the mod doesn't lie to you".  Also I think someone else probably fed you this argument because it's a complete 180 from your previous post.

Also lol at the idea that NQT is an "easy town lynch".  Because so many people are rushing to agree with me.

Way to let that get to your head. I don't know you, but I'd suspicious of anyone that wants to advertise themselves. Your reputation doesn't mean jack to me.
It answers your question about why I'd want to make this accusation day one.

Um, where do you get this theory from?
NQT says to vote for the bad guys, webadict objects to the idea.  Although as Tiruin said NQT never actually specified what we'd be voting for anyway.

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #377 on: January 26, 2014, 08:17:22 pm »

Is simply being evil a reason to die, or do you actually have to be a person who kills people every night/day?

Also, is the meteor large enough to kill all of us if it hits at a reasonable speed (~11 km/s afaik, as long as this planet has about 1G of gravity and about a 6000km radius)?
Don't die; it's bad for your health!

it happened it happened it happen im so hyped to actually get attacked now

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure his!
    • View Profile
« Reply #378 on: January 26, 2014, 08:20:18 pm »

unvote
Having seen what is going on, I must concede that you are at least partially right, LeafSnail. At the very least, we must be cautious of what we do.
Also, Makeinu, I'm somewhat suspicious of your evil wizard role. Do you, perchance, have the power to NK?

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #379 on: January 26, 2014, 08:21:35 pm »

Sorry, not Makeinu, TDS.
And by suspicious I mean "I think you are a mafia type"

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #380 on: January 26, 2014, 08:22:12 pm »

Also, Makeinu, I'm somewhat suspicious of your evil wizard role. Do you, perchance, have the power to NK?

I'm the guy who claimed evil wizard, actually. In response to your question, no, I can't nightkill (or daykill). If I did, I wouldn't have revealed my role, would I?

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #381 on: January 26, 2014, 08:23:31 pm »

This plot is silly :-\

So..what are we acting on? mafia-esque scumhunting or the general details in the flavor?
Meaning: Dictate, NQT. There seems to be a reluctance for you to directly address my queries on that.

PPE: Yay leafysnail!
Webadict: What percentage of teenagers are evil?
I'm interested in Web's answer, however I...get the gist that he's keeping up with answering, to indulge this speculation (whether right or not).

Ok, you can take credit if you like.  I don't particularly care.  I think part of the difficulty of the setup is that attacking a confirmed townie head-on requires a player to take a huge risk - I think it's fair to say that NQT would probably have glided along without any real suspicion for a good while if I hadn't called him out.

I think you're wrong about "semi-bastard", incidentally.  Webadict defines what he means by semi-bastard in the OP - a bastard game in which the moderator does not lie to you.  We know he can't mean "a regular mafia game with some funky roles/ flavour puzzles", because nobody (other than NQT who is lying) seems to know their win con.  That alone makes it a full bastard game.
Problem being: Why did we pick her. Like I said (in my speculatory post a few pages back), we seem to start in media res more than anything else--with the OP, now that I see it (:X), stating the viewpoint of one..totally holding the plotbook.

It's like silly shenanigans with a social experiment in a Mafia game.

It's not slightly bastard.  webadict said "semi", and then defined "semi-bastard" as "a game where the mod doesn't lie to you".  Also I think someone else probably fed you this argument because it's a complete 180 from your previous post.

Also lol at the idea that NQT is an "easy town lynch".  Because so many people are rushing to agree with me.
...I seriously think subjectivity is a way to determine this. Semi/Full bastard? Mhh.

NQT says to vote for the bad guys, webadict objects to the idea.  Although as Tiruin said NQT never actually specified what we'd be voting for anyway.
Point being, I see...some kinda evasion on why she didn't do so in the first place.

I mean woohoo, we don't know why the president was chosen--or how (assumed)--we don't know what various circumstances hold up Web (seriously: Searchengine 'various', I'm the only one asking it and it was never answered. We can guess that mods can't give tips...so on assumption in absentia...

leafsnail/TDS: How are you Evil?

PPE x4 omg.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #382 on: January 26, 2014, 08:24:47 pm »

Everyone but teachers and other faculty: Do you have an item?

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #383 on: January 26, 2014, 08:26:47 pm »

I'm evil because my role says so, simple as that. I don't think that means I hate non-evil people though - an evil person could simply be greedy or something like that.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #384 on: January 26, 2014, 08:27:58 pm »

Is simply being evil a reason to die, or do you actually have to be a person who kills people every night/day?

Also, is the meteor large enough to kill all of us if it hits at a reasonable speed (~11 km/s afaik, as long as this planet has about 1G of gravity and about a 6000km radius)?
Problem: What kind of planet and what setting are we in? :P
I mean, if Webadict means manymany apocalypses and saying angel-robots in the setting...It's quite amusing.
And then our planet is the size of our small neighborhood. :O

Guys, ideas on Massclaim?

I have my clothes and my schoolbooks and my-..they're all actually assumed. >_<
Meaning: Noop! Nothing but me, my ability, and my vague background which doesn't hint any wincon. At all.

I'm evil because my role says so, simple as that. I don't think that means I hate non-evil people though - an evil person could simply be greedy or something like that.
I find it funny that you aren't sharing your background--or even not saying 'I've no background'.

Why?
Also, background please.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #385 on: January 26, 2014, 08:29:39 pm »

I'm the guy who claimed evil wizard, actually. In response to your question, no, I can't nightkill (or daykill). If I did, I wouldn't have revealed my role, would I?
You could have been an evil vigilante role or something. I wouldn't have gone immediately for the lynch. That being said...

Mr. Wub Badict: how many incidences of students dying have occurs in the school recently?

Also, I'm willing to claim. Non-evil firemage. No abilities to NK or harm other players due to fluff, though apparently I incinerated another student once. I wasn't listed as evil, though...

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #386 on: January 26, 2014, 08:31:44 pm »

...I said ideas on massclaiming, not claiming straight out.

That said, I wonder what everyone else thinks of the predicament now. 21 pages (sans [5] and below) and..oh dear, Caz.

[...]apparently I incinerated another student once. I wasn't listed as evil, though...
Does it just state 'you did x' without the consequence being known?

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #387 on: January 26, 2014, 08:33:04 pm »

I have an item, actually. It's this staff whose only function is that it doesn't let me vote. I'm guessing that if I vote, it will simply have no effect. I'll TheDarkStar as an example.

Also, here's my background: I lost against NQT for class president due to him bribing other people. I was unhappy, but I did not actually summon the meteor. I'm just happy to see it.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #388 on: January 26, 2014, 08:35:27 pm »

Pretty much. It never directly connected that to the hex that prevents me from doing it again, but that's kind of implied.

I'm comfortable doing a roleclaim because I have a fairly weak role that probably won't, pardon the pun, draw much heat.

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #389 on: January 26, 2014, 08:37:00 pm »

I'm in support of a massclaim. There are probably three meteor summoners out there.

Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 112