Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 141

Author Topic: Drunk Thread -(Awesome Thread)-  (Read 172670 times)

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
Re: Drunk Thread -(Awesome Thread)-
« Reply #135 on: November 02, 2015, 12:21:12 pm »

I can relate so well to today's Questionable Content, and it's a funny one this time (unlike 2979)
http://www.questionablecontent.net/view.php?comic=3081
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: November 02, 2015, 12:48:10 pm »

Aaaand for the second time today I looked up 'brimping'. Dammit, me!
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: November 02, 2015, 03:52:37 pm »

Does anyone else feel like a separate person when drunk?
Elgoonishshive-style, a separate person with a shared set of memories.  But different ethics, and even maybe access to different recent memories.

I've actually written messages to my sober self, most of which I didn't have the courage to read while sober.  I saw them, they were right on the desktop, but I didn't dare read my less-inhibited thoughts.

Maybe because somewhere in my files, I have some audio logs which explain why I hate a certain family member.  But I'd rather bury the past and try to patch things up.

... And case in point, while drunk, I don't know why I would want to do that.
State-dependent memory sorta means that you actually are a different person while you are drunk. Your memories are going to be remembered differently because you learned them in one state or another, and then throw in the fact that several inhibitions/emotional things function somewhat differently while you are drunk, and yeah, you are definitely pushing that "a different person" level.
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: November 03, 2015, 04:42:38 am »

I knew about state-dependent memory, but that's a good point.  It's easy to argue about what it means to be "a different person", but *effectively*, there are significant changes.

Also, kinda drunk.  Not excessively, but I drove 4 hours then stopped at the grocery store...  And the 24-pack was on sale for a dollar cheaper for the 18-pack.  I didn't have a cart because I didn't expect to get much, so I just grabbed that thing and lugged it through the self checkout process, then into the parking lot.  It was 9PM, I doubt anyone really noticed or gave a shit.

It's cheap swill-beer of course, but it's a comfort.  I also had some leftover pumpkin ale too, which actually tasted good.  I like the taste of pumpkin, particularly along with bite from spice or alcohol.  I tried raw canned pumpkin once and it was quite bland (though at that point I honestly though pumpkins were sweet, like sweet potatoes, since I'd only had them in pies and cookies.  And they were orange like cookie dough or sweet potato)

Edit:  Also I had the whim to listen to some music I heard a couple months ago.  I found it via Delcatty, though it's actually not the right battle.
This battle is super slow and terrible, worst matchup, but I downloaded it anyway because the song's catchy and loops a long time.
https://youtu.be/VQX5xXoC1UM?t=37
Trying to train myself up for Pokemon Go eventually.  Ingress but pokemon...  Yes pls.

Edit2: In case there was any doubt, the grocery store was right near my home and I didn't start drinking till I was home and settled.  One of my few hard rules is that I never, ever drive drunk.  Was a bicyclist for too long to ever threaten cyclists like that, and other people.
« Last Edit: November 03, 2015, 04:58:26 am by Rolan7 »
She/they
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: November 03, 2015, 06:12:34 am »

That's good to hear! Enjoy your boozings.

I myself am getting drunk right now... I got drunk on Halloween as well, but I don't think I posted about it here. That was a fun time.
This time, rather than socializing or whatever, I am going to be drunkenly playing DF.

I have a bunch o' beers and some Johnny Walker on standby. I haven't eaten much at all today, though, so I am already feeling it after a bottle of wild turkey + cola and half a beer. Whoo, this is gonna be good. :D

Edit: this is good, I seem to have avoided any hangover. Let's hear it for getting drunk the night before a workday! :D
« Last Edit: November 03, 2015, 04:29:38 pm by Yoink »
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: November 15, 2015, 06:50:22 pm »

Hi, I'm drunk as balls.
She/they

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: November 16, 2015, 01:08:50 am »

Hello Drunk As Balls, I'm Dad!
Booze is Life for Yoink

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: November 16, 2015, 07:56:35 am »

Oh jeez xD
So huh, no hangover or embarrassment last night.  Thanks, moderation!
In fact I think my sleep cycle is more on track, now.  Not sure if I can thank the beer for that, but it's good.
I am about to drink a lot more water though.  Had a whole pitcher's worth last night, need more now.
She/they

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: November 25, 2015, 09:03:35 am »

Whoah, I think I just discovered the main reason for the quick 'ahh' exhalation people always seem to do after a swig of booze.
If you're drinking some really nasty, it seems to blow the worst of the taste off your tongue. It's certainly helping me polish off this bottle right now.

Does anyone else feel like a separate person when drunk?
Apparently I didn't respond to this before- yes, yes, definitely.
Sober-me sucks at life and is hopelessly awkward, drunk-me comes in and makes friends left and right with his roguish charm, and then hungover-me is left with no idea where these new friends came from nor any idea how to properly interact with them. Ah, the cycle of life liquor.
Booze is Life for Yoink

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: November 29, 2015, 11:31:16 pm »

Yeah, totally.  All but the most expensive booze tastes like pain and awful for the first few swigs.  (After that, my tongue is even more numb than it usually is, and I could quaff if I wanted.  I think I have?  Those nights end with void, heehee).

Last week I spent with the father's girlfriend's turkey-cult, long story, and it was pretty cool for the most part.  On-topic, there was a lot of booze.  Except not just "booze", but pricey liquor.  And high-quality hippie food.  These are those people who buy Eggland's Best hand-grain-fed--free-love chicken eggs.

Got back last night and ate leftovers before passing out after a mere 1.5 beers.  Since they woke up at 7AM every day (I get off work at 1AM, and unlike them I had to keep working.  And I sleep very lightly)...  Point is, I was very sleepy.

Today I woke up and got some Wendy's and Coors Light.  At 9AM, which was early even for me, but I needed to recenter myself.  Currently working on a can of "beef stew" which I'm sure contains more preservatives than beef, and more dirt-cheep rice beer.  Happy, and ready to work.  Did my job at noon, drunk, and ready to do it again at midnight.

I guess my point is...  Being with some food-and-booze-elitist hippies for a week, while enjoyable, has pushed me to my comfort foods and comfort beer.

It feels soooo good.  Alone, wrapped in my blanket with the heat off, swigging cheap beer and watching some shows my dad gave me.
It feels great to have some solitude and comforts.
Proud of how long I lasted in normal socialness, really.  Last year I had to flee early.

No seriously it's a 47-year cult about turkey
She/they

MrRoboto75

• Bay Watcher
  • Belongs in the Trash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: November 29, 2015, 11:50:02 pm »

I've taken a liking to hard cider.  I've tried several kinds and brands, but my favorite is a local brand of granny smith apple cider.  I find the sour apple and alcohol really complement each other somehow.

I usually don't drink to much at a time, maybe two bottles at a time, which gives me a decent buzz.  I can't afford to get it often, which prevents me from chugging it all, I'd prefer to spread out my luxury.
I consume
I purchase
I consume again

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: November 30, 2015, 10:49:02 am »

I've taken a liking to hard cider.  I've tried several kinds and brands, but my favorite is a local brand of granny smith apple cider.  I find the sour apple and alcohol really complement each other somehow.

I usually don't drink to much at a time, maybe two bottles at a time, which gives me a decent buzz.  I can't afford to get it often, which prevents me from chugging it all, I'd prefer to spread out my luxury.
Haha, I'm so used to buying 1.25l bottles of hard cider that when you said you didn't drink much, "maybe two bottles at a time" I did a double-take. :P
I don't like super sweet cider, but the hard stuff can be nice.

In happy drunken news: It is almost the weekend! Well, not really- but I should be able to make it through the week.
I have been looking forward to this weekend for quite some time. Looks like my planned binge has been upgraded to a two-day bender, since I'm going to see a friend's band the day before. :D
Booze is Life for Yoink

MrRoboto75

• Bay Watcher
  • Belongs in the Trash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: November 30, 2015, 11:14:18 am »

Oh, I mean like standard beer bottles, at like 4-5% alcohol
I consume
I purchase
I consume again

Jimmy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: December 02, 2015, 07:54:35 am »

I've been swinging between Yellow Tail Sangria and Brown Brothers Crouchen Riesling. They're both incredibly sweet wines, both incredibly drinkable wines, and both incredibly cheap wines. About 6 standard drinks per bottle, and a terrible habit. Still better value than a 6 pack of beer, especially with the new round of alcohol taxes. If not in Australia, YMMV.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: December 02, 2015, 08:31:28 am »

Tonight, I am participating in both the men's and women's sections of my cercle's boozing contest. I'll tell you how it went.
« Last Edit: December 02, 2015, 08:42:05 am by Sheb »

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 141