Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 141

Author Topic: Drunk Thread -(Awesome Thread)-  (Read 172234 times)

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
Re: Drunk Thread -(Awesome Thread)-
« Reply #360 on: March 12, 2016, 11:56:41 pm »

Yeesh, made a fool of myself.  Switched alcohol again (went back to beer) and kept posting, repeatedly misreading a key word.  I didn't realize how drunk I was.
Ah, well.  Such things are probably more pardonable on the weekend, and I did have a productive and tiring week.  It'll be fine.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #361 on: March 13, 2016, 01:29:54 am »

Such things are always more pardonable whilst drunk, you mean. :P

In other news, I still haven't developed a taste for red wine. Had a couple of glasses of it with dinner last night, after a bit of beer, and the first glass was still as gross as ever. The second one, well my sense of taste was somewhat dulled, so it wasn't quite as bad.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #362 on: March 13, 2016, 01:39:41 am »

I don't believe in using drunkeness as an excuse.  If I don't have the good sense to stop posting, I should be held responsible.
Like if I was stupid enough to get into a car.  Fortunately I never do that.  As opposed to drunk posting, which I do pretty regularly.
She/they
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Jimmy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #363 on: March 13, 2016, 01:45:59 am »

Social embarrassment to your online persona isn't nearly in the same category of stupid as vehicular manslaughter.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #364 on: March 13, 2016, 01:51:17 am »

Sure.  I'm just saying I'm responsible for both.  While drunk I often let myself say stupid things online, I don't let myself drive a car.  If I did, I personally would never forgive myself for the results.

In fact I have driven after drinking...  Three times I think.  And even though I was in each case driving someone who was FAR more drunk, I still hold myself responsible.  Even though they were family members I couldn't...  No, didn't want to say no to.

I mean, my dad probably would have just driven off without me.  Wouldn't be the first time.  But, despite how I feel sometimes, I don't want him to indirectly kill himself.  I was the better driver.

But if I had hit someone, it would have been on me.
She/they

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #365 on: March 13, 2016, 04:02:21 am »

Saying stupid shit whilst drunk is part of the fun!
I mean, actually having the courage to talk to people is one of booze's benefits for me, but there's a fine line between being 'a little drunk' and 'really, really drunk', and likewise a fine line between 'a charismatic, suave sonofabitch' and 'a stumbling drunk idiot who thinks he's hilarious'.
Still! Even as I say really stupid things, things stupid enough to penetrate even the haze of drunkenness and begin to worry me and reactivate my usual, sober anxiety, I just remind myself "Oh yeah, that's right, I'm drunk! Haha!" and go on having a ball. :D

-snip-
But if I had hit someone, it would have been on me.
Actually, I think it would have been on the hood of your car.
...But seriously though, yeah, drink driving is not something that should be done. Please don't do that ever. Even if you have to hold said more-drunk people down in a submission hold to stop them driving themselves. >.>
Booze is Life for Yoink

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #366 on: March 13, 2016, 11:22:06 am »

Bluuuuuh XD
I need to make more shitposts in silly threads instead of trying to discuss serious stuff when drunk
I get so maudlin!
She/they

Ibid Straydrink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #367 on: March 13, 2016, 03:09:57 pm »

My beverages of choice are mead (Chaucers is an affordable and readily available label, though Sting session mead is fantastic- especially the one with hops- if you can find it and shill out the cash), blackberry wine, all other red wine, Wild Turkey bourbon (with a little sweat tea), any old apricot brandy, and a cold Sapporo and/or  Kirin Ichiban, when I'm in the mood. Peppermint Schnapps is nice too, when you've got a job to do, but you don't have the stomach for it. Won't do vodka or tequila, though- not enough sugar to get me giddy, and so the whole buzz just leaves me feeling like I'm part of Tracy Chapman's Fast Car.

A 750ml a day keeps the doctor away!
« Last Edit: March 13, 2016, 03:14:19 pm by Ibid Straydrink »
“I am the spirit that negates. And rightly so, for all that comes to be. Deserves to perish wretchedly; 'Twere better nothing would begin."

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #368 on: March 20, 2016, 02:52:19 pm »

Okay so since this is pretty much the drunk-self containment thread...
wow 8-bit theater is consistently gold
Not literally every single strip, of course.  But conservatively like half.
I looked up "drownball" in a conversation with a friend and then couldn't stop reading on.  It's just... the elements I particularly enjoyed from DND.  A bunch of psychopaths and idealists teaming up to screw over, or accidentally screw over, the entire world.

You'd think the GM would have table-flipped at some point but no, he seemed to dig it.  He just showed us how our every action made the world shittier, and often came back to bite us.  Good stuff, best GM.  As the group's Red Mage I did encourage us to follow the GM's plot leads, and often recounted the surprisingly good lore he came up with.  But we were a band of murderhobos and no mistake.  Particularly towards the end.

It was really very great.  Though combat was a morass.  I could go on but...  I'm very grateful that the GM has launched a Vampire: Requiem campaign, and the most problematic player wasn't invited.  Who happens to be my brother.  Who is incredibly charismatic in real life, and used CHA as a dump stat in-game (yet still argued every encounter to his will).

I can barely wait till Wednesday.  We've barely even touched on combat, but our coterie is going so well.  It's great.
She/they

Ibid Straydrink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #369 on: March 23, 2016, 11:22:59 am »

You folks ever have that problem where you take a sip of whiskey, and wake up in a completely different room the next morning, naked?
“I am the spirit that negates. And rightly so, for all that comes to be. Deserves to perish wretchedly; 'Twere better nothing would begin."

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #370 on: March 25, 2016, 05:00:30 pm »

You folks ever have that problem where you take a sip of whiskey, and wake up in a completely different room the next morning, naked?
Erm, no...?
It usually takes far more than a sip, at least. I've only woken up that way once, and I had good reason for being naked so it was okay.
Glad to hear you had a fun time, anyway! :D

I can barely wait till Wednesday.  We've barely even touched on combat, but our coterie is going so well.  It's great.
Sounds awesome. How did it go?
I hope I can manage to properly join a tabletop group in the not-too-distant future. There's one regular meetup group that I attended once not long ago, but they didn't have any actual campaigns with free spaces at that point... and now I've been away for ages. Maybe once I'm back home I'll give it another shot.

Edit: Heh, 'shot'.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2016, 05:02:10 pm by Yoink »
Booze is Life for Yoink

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #371 on: March 25, 2016, 06:18:47 pm »

It was really cool!  I typed up a fuckhuge report in the D&D thread, but suffice to say we completed several assignments in a very classy way.  We only hurt one person, and only because we were assigned to murder her.

Well, until the gangrel picked a brawl with some gangsters to test out her new strength.  The dice were... bad, and she was actually in very bad shape.  Which resulting in her hulking out (entering frenzy) and growing foot-long wolverine claws.  It was a bloodbath!  It was hilarious in a tension-relieving way...  As bad as it might sound, we all kept breaking into laughter (including the GM) as our characters panicked and tried to cover it up.

(It's going to be okay, apparently we each get one freebie when it comes to masquerade violations.  In the character's defense, nobody told the gangrel character how frenzy works, because her sire is... irresponsible and lazy.)

On topic, I got real beer yesterday, an IPA.  This morning I realized that I didn't eat anything yesterday, just beer-carbs.  Actually worked out pretty well!
She/they

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #372 on: March 27, 2016, 06:36:06 am »

This evening I have drank a few beers (with a bit of a pause between them, unfortunately) and several glasses of white wine, and yet I don't feel drunk. I just feel tired and have a bit of a headache coming on. Perhaps it has to do with the company in which I was drinking- this was a dinner with my father's neighbours, not an environment in which I feel particularly comfortable even after a few drinks.

Nice enough people, really; but there wasn't exactly much conversation which I could make a meaningful contribution to (I defaulted to my usual act, of sitting in silence and offering the occasional witty comment), and I don't particularly like socializing over dinner, really. Too much food and I was feeling somewhat bloated by the time much drinking took place, and then there was chocolate to be eaten too, because Easter.

Honestly, I could have posted this in one of the Sad threads just as easily, but this thread doesn't see nearly as much activity as it should.
Once I'm back home (and have drinking money) I shall do my best to reinvigorate it.
I even have a phone nowadays, so I can drunkenly hammer out some posts whilst out and about, too! Once I get home, that is.
Booze is Life for Yoink

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #373 on: March 29, 2016, 07:59:26 pm »

Uh...  Hm!  I think I drank myself unconscious.  Though mostly because I've been running a longstanding sleep deficit because I can't help but wake up early despite having to stay up late for work.  So basically I just relaxed enough to take a nap without any dayterrors, like a normal person.

I also don't seem to have posted anything too bad this time, nice!
She/they

Ibid Straydrink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #374 on: March 30, 2016, 02:22:35 am »

Uh...  Hm!  I think I drank myself unconscious.  Though mostly because I've been running a longstanding sleep deficit because I can't help but wake up early despite having to stay up late for work.  So basically I just relaxed enough to take a nap without any dayterrors, like a normal person.

I also don't seem to have posted anything too bad this time, nice!

Yeah, you're solid. My favorite personal episode, on the other hand... Well, I had myself a couple bottles of fine wine and a fifth of cheap whiskey. An unknown amount of time later, I awoke shivering on my bathroom floor, lying in a cold pool of blood. And still tipsy, to boot. I was entirely stoic at the time, but in retrospect, I probably should have taken that as a sign.

Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 141