Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 141

Author Topic: Drunk Thread -(Awesome Thread)-  (Read 172176 times)

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
Re: Drunk Thread -(Awesome Thread)-
« Reply #390 on: April 17, 2016, 09:52:37 pm »

How do you think beaches keep looking so nice after all these centuries of erosion?
Disrespectful bogan partygoers, that's how. Preserve our coastal environments! Smash bottles during a beach party today!

Anyway, good luck Yoink.  Better to deal without it now, and I'm giving you some earnest good will.
Thanks. I'm actually feeling a lot better about the whole thing now. Probably helps that the rep I spoke to had a nice voice in addition to being, well, nice.

Fakeedit: Drinking with my dad is weird. I only tried it for the first time when I visited a while ago, and I'm not sure if it's actually an enjoyable experience or not- on one hand he's amusingly animated when he's had a few beers, on the other hand half the time he'll tell me I shouldn't drink so much. And then fall asleep on the couch whilst watching TV. :P
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #391 on: April 17, 2016, 10:03:54 pm »

hehe, victory:  Yoink!

But my dad is a couple steps past tipsy a lot of the time now anyway, thanks to his (wonderful, no seriously) girlfriend.  As I am pretty much going to sleep with a very slight buzz every night to keep the FUCKING nightmares away.

ugh.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Wolock

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #392 on: April 18, 2016, 02:17:59 am »

Because I had to work on my birthday the assistant-manager gave me a 750ml bottle of 9%abv beer.

About drinking with my dad : It involves a couple of beers or drinks from his bar. Then during the supper we drink all the red wine in the house because we're the only persons to drink red wine. It's not much but it's enough to start a discussion on politics which is generally a taboo subject between family members.

Also the first time I got really drunk was with my father. A great tale of father-son bonding I can tell you.

Jimmy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #393 on: April 18, 2016, 04:48:27 am »

The first time I got really drunk was at 12 years old on bourbon and cola during a camping trip. Still remember being totally buzzed and running through the bush with my mates like a maniac. Good times.

Wolock

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #394 on: April 18, 2016, 03:40:13 pm »

When I was 16, my father was ask if wanted to volunteer for the winter festival in the small village I come from. The job was to tend the bar at one of the event in the afternoon. As volunteers we had the right to drink what we want for free. Then we continued to drink during the theme party that night.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #395 on: April 23, 2016, 10:00:51 am »

O lawd, tequila tastes even worse than usual right now for some reason.
Need a couple of shots, though, there is socializing to do and I would rather not pilfer any of my friend's nicer alcohol. Well actually he offered me some vodka as well... I'm actually not sure quite how the two liquors stack up. Time for testing!

I think it might just seem worse because I'm sick. Not sure.
Hopefully a buzz will kick in soon enough.
Booze is Life for Yoink

Wolock

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #396 on: April 24, 2016, 02:20:39 am »

Back from my delayed birthday party and I'm drunk as **** (you know the word) my night was going on beer and uppercut drinks. I tried an earthquake (gin, vodka and whiskey) because it looked nasty (it was). But it was good fun having a night with friends.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #397 on: April 24, 2016, 09:13:30 pm »

The right choice is to stop posting.  I should stop posting.  Don't keep posting, watch or play something distracting.

Don't think about tomorrow, it's tomorrow.  Sure as hell don't think about TUESDAY because that's when the real reckoning comes.  Just hope you'll handle business tomorrow.

Hopefully with only a minor hangover.  In your defense, you spent almost a week with family.  Which was... so comfortable and friendly.  So much so that you BARELY GOT ANY WORK DONE

So much to catch up on.  There's time yet tonight, I'll probably take a chunk of it.  Or, maybe not...
« Last Edit: October 22, 2016, 12:56:20 am by Rolan7 »
She/they
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #398 on: April 25, 2016, 04:21:36 am »

You should never stop posting man, it'll be funny.

Did any of you ever try the boiling-rice-in-beer thing? If so, did it turn out nice? What kind of beer did you use?

Being drunk is a strange state to be in. I've been talking to myself about all the books I have for the past hour or so, apparently because I'm watching Markiplier videos. Ver' ver' strange...

Anyway, I'll probably have a hangover tomorrow, and I'm only on my fourth beer. Admittedly that's four bottles in an hour, and I'm a pretty significant lightweight so that's how it works.

Not sure if I need to be doing this "heavy" drinking every few months or if I've unconsciously (ha! I can spell it right first time!) upset myself by remembering some of my Parappa the Rapper escapades after referencing it in the word association game earlier, but it's alright.

Spent the last week (since Monday) alone as my wife has been in Chicago and Minnesota with a Mormon friend, though I have enjoyed the ridiculous amount of time to myself. No TV 'cause that decided to die a few weeks ago and whatever Walmart warranty dealing people take feckin' ages to deal with it (bugger any other work they have to do, I'm clearly the most important case they have) and it takes feckin' ages to send it to them, and for them to send it back to me/us.

Anyway. I'll regret the post tomorrow (probably not) but I hope you're all enjoying your own 4.30am as much as I am mine. At least until I wake up tomorrow/later today...

*extended groan for no reason*
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #399 on: April 25, 2016, 10:55:37 am »

Nothing to regret, man. Even if your post was slurred drunken rambling (which it wasn't), this is the thread for it!
Enjoy your, uh... *checks timestamp* hangover, I guess!

I'm kinda thinking of buying a slab of beer tomorrow. I am supposed to be heading to a party this Friday to which I should probably bring beer, but I feel like buying it now. I'd probably still have some left by Friday...
Or maybe I should buy some spirits instead. Shame I don't have a whole lot of money.
Booze is Life for Yoink

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #400 on: April 25, 2016, 01:04:16 pm »

Not quite a hangover, really. Dry throat, little dizzy, but it has only been ~8 hours since I stopped drinking and went to bed.

Was going to get up at 11.30, but almost fell over and was still apparently rather drunk, so I went back to bed for an hour heh.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #401 on: April 27, 2016, 06:14:45 am »

My friends and I made a much-overdue trip to the local liquor store. :D
One friend bought some goon, I bought a slab of beer, and then we all bought a variety of snacks.
Now it's drinking time. Also I have some cans to take to the party I'm supposed to be going to on Friday, so that's good. Assuming we don't somehow drink them all before then... I doubt it. Man, I can already feel that goon working its magic on me. Then again, I have pretty much been convalescing in bed for the past two days.

Funnily enough, my friend's goon, on closer inspection, turned out to be the dreaded Fruity Lexia under a new name. This was after it was purchased and brought home and I took a look at the box- a little green blob announcing "Previously known as Fruity Lexia; new name, same great taste!"
I read that aloud shortly after he took his first swig of the stuff. Amusing indeed. He spent quite a while selecting a goon in the hopes of getting one with a decent flavour, too. It wasn't even the cheapest option. ...Then again, my beer was chosen mainly for its dopey mascot and the lame pun on the box.
And also the fact that it had a higher alcohol content than my usual cheap swill whilst only being $10 more.

Oh well. Cheers!
* Yoink raises a can towards whoever may be reading.

Edit: Ughhhh... oh man, I seem to have traded my cold/flu symptoms for a deadly-serious hangover.
Usually my hangovers are more like, "Awww, you drank a lot! Here, you can be horribly tired the next day," but this is the whole "percussion orchestra playing a monotonous beat in your skull" kinda deal. Yikes. If you will excuse me I'm gonna go lie down some more. Probably a lot more.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2016, 06:21:32 pm by Yoink »
Booze is Life for Yoink

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #402 on: May 08, 2016, 08:04:16 pm »

I wonder if there's a word for kissing a bottle that still has the cap?

Also this is fine, it's Sunday.  I can get moderately tipsy on the weekend!  Particularly with reason (successfully interacted with family all day).  Plus I'm chatting with friends, this is social.

Since I hit 30 I've been on this temperance binge.  It's actually pretty great...  Drinking less means I get more from less.  My tolerance subsided pretty fast when I stopped drinking a bit 3 out of 4 days.
She/they

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #403 on: May 14, 2016, 12:05:53 am »

I have a decent amount of drinking money and a weekend of excellent live music ahead of me! :D
Now, to have a shower and ensure I'm clean for at least the start of the chaos.

Inb4 Yoink drinks his way through all his cash on the first night and is depressingly booze-less on the second.
Booze is Life for Yoink

Jimmy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #404 on: May 14, 2016, 02:12:29 am »

I'm still trying to convince my players that the best way for them to have a successful game of our Pathfinder session is to ensure that I, the DM, am proper drunk the whole time. Wish me luck!
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 141