Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 65 66 [67] 68 69 ... 127

Author Topic: TINKER: Miya's Hubris  (Read 216151 times)

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
Re: TINKER: Saint's Death Warrant
« Reply #990 on: March 31, 2015, 12:42:06 am »

I know what a battlesuits' size is. I've been using one since forever ago.
I just used the battlesuit to compare it to the mining exoskeleton, which is just an exoskeleton with a layer of armour. And I used those two to show the power and capacity to lift of robotic strength enhancements.
Like comparing a bike to a car. You can say that a car, while larger than a bike, is not that much larger. And you can carry something large and heavy with either.

Hapah

• Bay Watcher
  • The nice guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #991 on: March 31, 2015, 12:45:09 am »

I wish I could get my hands on one of those mining suits. It's pretty damn close to what I wanted to try to engineer up, just an exo with a crapload of armor bolted onto it.
I can't be expected to remember the names of everyone I've tried to stab.

Bored? Go read the EVE Chronicles.

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #992 on: March 31, 2015, 04:55:47 am »

((Im kinda tempted to sell you mine, but its kinda become half my character.))
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #993 on: March 31, 2015, 11:10:00 am »

@ tryar: council idea is that 2-3 tokens for the launcher is alright, and that the price of the missiles and stat requirements is ok as well. Anything else?

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #994 on: March 31, 2015, 04:05:03 pm »

@ tryar: council idea is that 2-3 tokens for the launcher is alright, and that the price of the missiles and stat requirements is ok as well. Anything else?

Well, the only other thing I can think of is getting a prototype done, because that's just about everything I can think of(it's not a complicated weapon, just a tube and guidance)
This fort really does sit on the event horizon of madness and catastrophe
No. I suppose there are similarities, but I'm fairly certain angry birds doesn't let me charge into a battalion of knights with a car made of circular saws.

DoctorMcTaalik

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTITY:SKULKING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #995 on: March 31, 2015, 09:41:41 pm »

Poking around the wiki, I noticed that the kinetic amplifier, while described in the armory as a glove, is elsewhere "a device about the size of a postage stamp". Does this mean that the gadget itself is a smaller component fitted onto a glove, or is the inconsistency simply an error?

If the amplifier is itself a small, salvageable component, then I will probably try my hand at tinkering.

Also, any info on the glove material- how bulky it is, whether it stretches, etc.- would be pretty useful.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #996 on: March 31, 2015, 09:43:30 pm »

The glove is just a thing the person wears, the actual kinetic amplifier is the postage stamp thing. It's been used in other things, like clubs studded with them and stuff.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

DoctorMcTaalik

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTITY:SKULKING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #997 on: March 31, 2015, 09:55:30 pm »

The glove is just a thing the person wears, the actual kinetic amplifier is the postage stamp thing. It's been used in other things, like clubs studded with them and stuff.

That's sort of what I have in mind.... But with a Gauss slug, instead of a club.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #998 on: March 31, 2015, 09:57:17 pm »

Now that'd be pretty damn effective, but I think it might be prohibitively expensive if you're trying to a make it anything beyond single-shot. A modification for LESHO shots might be viable though.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #999 on: March 31, 2015, 09:57:51 pm »

That's sort of what I have in mind. Except with a Gauss slug, instead of a club.

Done before :P basically, it turns the impact into a wider area shockwave that has a 10x force multiplier. We've tried using kinamps in warheads, with spikes, and just about everything you can think of. Most things have come back not very practical due to the cost of kinamps and danger to the wielder of in a melee weapon
This fort really does sit on the event horizon of madness and catastrophe
No. I suppose there are similarities, but I'm fairly certain angry birds doesn't let me charge into a battalion of knights with a car made of circular saws.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #1000 on: March 31, 2015, 11:48:16 pm »

Hammerheads were fairly effective though. :P
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

renegadelobster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1001 on: April 01, 2015, 12:59:22 am »

Random thought while playing CoD:AW for you tinker people. Have any of your thought about making a laser LMG using the blueradite as the shells/ammo? Make it belt fed and you'd have a decently strong squad support weapon
Well, it only hates Linux for now. If we could condition it to hate computer viruses, than hooray! Free, brutal virus protection! Unless you have Linux!

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #1002 on: April 01, 2015, 02:58:15 am »

Random thought while playing CoD:AW for you tinker people. Have any of your thought about making a laser LMG using the blueradite as the shells/ammo? Make it belt fed and you'd have a decently strong squad support weapon
While there are, as discussed earlier, certain benefits to a pulse-firing laser, there's almost no point in bothering with an "automatic weapon" that uses small disposable shells, if a single bigger shard can replace a whole belt of them with no moving parts involved. Unless you're planning a whole line of "energy firearms" that could use interchangeable ammo like that, I guess.
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

renegadelobster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1003 on: April 01, 2015, 03:17:32 am »

That was part of it, yeah. Like I said, it was a random thought, that's about as far as I got
Well, it only hates Linux for now. If we could condition it to hate computer viruses, than hooray! Free, brutal virus protection! Unless you have Linux!

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
  • For space is wide and good friends are too few
    • View Profile
« Reply #1004 on: April 01, 2015, 12:35:41 pm »

While there are, as discussed earlier, certain benefits to a pulse-firing laser, there's almost no point in bothering with an "automatic weapon" that uses small disposable shells, if a single bigger shard can replace a whole belt of them with no moving parts involved. Unless you're planning a whole line of "energy firearms" that could use interchangeable ammo like that, I guess.

I'll get this out of my system: I want a blueradite revolver. If I'll live long enough, I'll get one.
Sigs

Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everybody’s gonna die. Come watch TV?
Pages: 1 ... 65 66 [67] 68 69 ... 127