Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 106 107 [108] 109 110 ... 127

Author Topic: TINKER: Miya's Hubris  (Read 216157 times)

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
Re: TINKER: Miya's Hubris
« Reply #1605 on: December 15, 2015, 04:10:27 pm »

No, no, no, no.  The whole point is it's supposed to be dial, point, shoot.

Also, does solid light do gravity and other things like Portal solid light doesn't?
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #1606 on: December 15, 2015, 04:49:40 pm »

Could I use Empathetic Gland + Charisma to figure out why an alien is doing something? Or would that require another roll like Brain or Intuition or Gen. Knowledge? Assume it's about an alien that isn't too eldritch

Could I use Empathetic Gland + Charisma to try to communicate with an alien? Or at least intimidate or otherwise persuade it to do something? Again, assume it's about an alien that isn't too alien to be compatible.

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #1607 on: December 16, 2015, 01:41:08 am »

Is effect of Attractive Bauble transmitted via vision? Can its effect be nullified with Mad Hatter distortion?

Does Black Halo technology absolutely require human contact, or could it be preprogrammed into a grenade or bullet? For example "Sensory deprivation" grenade. "Everybody is now Altered" grenade? Or grenade whose effect can be mentally programmed just before it is thrown?
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1608 on: December 16, 2015, 02:26:39 am »

Solid light objects cannot replicate chemical or electrical systems.

does this mean the objects cannot be magnetic or electrically conductive?
What properties can we alter? is it limited to size and shape?
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

DoctorMcTaalik

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTITY:SKULKING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1609 on: December 16, 2015, 02:08:12 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I don't think I ever got a reply on these. Could you look them over, PW?

Maegil

• Bay Watcher
  • I _drink_ stuff older than you!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1610 on: December 16, 2015, 03:35:04 pm »

Comments and opinions, please:

Spoiler: St. Bernard gurney bot (click to show/hide)
And yes, although not designed for it, I imagine that there are other uses:
- by itself, it obviously can be used to cart stuff,
- the first optional configuration can also be used for stealth insertions or as a light APC,
- the second one, I don't know, maybe it could allow silent abductions or something, especially if used together with the first option.
What does Maegil have in common with a frag grenade?
Answer: does not suffer fools gladly.

Your friendly mysanthropic machete-toting sail-sailing sailor nut job.
Also, a Serial Editor. Just in case, do check my previous post to see if I didn't change or added to it. I do that, a lot...

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #1611 on: December 16, 2015, 04:36:54 pm »

@DoctorMcTaalik

I think a better alternative to the pimp dagger would be to mix it with a Forcefield blade.  Make a glass projector which projects an omnidirectional field, forming a disk.  Implant three bits of pimp metal inside it, and voila!  You've got an invisible flying combination weapon/shield/grenade which you control with your mind.  It probably wouldn't even be terribly expensive, if you kept it small; It's only using a small FF, and very little pimp metal.  I'd make it myself, if I weren't on mission.

@Maegli

Neat Idea, but I'm unsure how useful it would be.  Gunnerbots are expensive, and this seems like a niche thing for BLOPS only.  In normal missions, there's almost always someone around who can carry a corpse/jim'd teammate.  Plus, nobody is going to pay any significant amount of tokens, just to make transport less excrutiating.

Stealth insertion is a really good idea, though.  I could see that being mission equipment for blops.

((If you respond, please respond in Heph OOC.))

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1612 on: December 16, 2015, 10:44:56 pm »

Q-carbon anything.  Yes, no, or confusion.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #1613 on: December 17, 2015, 12:14:48 pm »

1.What shape is the solid light matter generator?  Is it a box, an implant, a wand, what?

2.What size is it, if applicable?

3.Where does it project light from?

4.What surface needs to have light shone on it for the generator to function?

5.Can we use artificially generated light, and does that light need to be externally visible?

6.What are the limitations on how much light can be created?  Could you spend years creating a massive stockpile, or is there a limit to how much solid light can exist at once?

7.Are there other limitations, such as light needing to be near the generator?

8.Can sods operate solid light matter generators?  IIRC, they could operate uncon equipment.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #1614 on: December 17, 2015, 02:16:16 pm »

A middle ground between the full-on brainwave Solid Light and the Containment Gun, with some basic shapes, a visualizer, and a UV rangefinder.

The poor man's version of the big fancy thing, in other words.  Won't do clockwork, will do stairs or ladders.

Aiming for some modularity/programmability.

As in there would be a set of presets that you could project?

Yeah, that seems ok.

No, no, no, no.  The whole point is it's supposed to be dial, point, shoot.

Also, does solid light do gravity and other things like Portal solid light doesn't?
Do...gravity? As in are the projections affected by gravity? Yes they are.

Could I use Empathetic Gland + Charisma to figure out why an alien is doing something? Or would that require another roll like Brain or Intuition or Gen. Knowledge? Assume it's about an alien that isn't too eldritch

Could I use Empathetic Gland + Charisma to try to communicate with an alien? Or at least intimidate or otherwise persuade it to do something? Again, assume it's about an alien that isn't too alien to be compatible.

First one, probably maybe.

Second one...maybe but to a lesser degree. Communication requires a lot more than knowing how someone feels.

Is effect of Attractive Bauble transmitted via vision? Can its effect be nullified with Mad Hatter distortion?

Does Black Halo technology absolutely require human contact, or could it be preprogrammed into a grenade or bullet? For example "Sensory deprivation" grenade. "Everybody is now Altered" grenade? Or grenade whose effect can be mentally programmed just before it is thrown?
It is done by vision, but I dunno about mad matter. No one has tried it yet.

Dunno, maybe. But it would be a pretty expensive thing to just huck around.

Solid light objects cannot replicate chemical or electrical systems.

does this mean the objects cannot be magnetic or electrically conductive?
What properties can we alter? is it limited to size and shape?

It cannot be magnetic or electrically conductive.

It's size and shape, yeah.

1. So what is the purpose of this? Just having some of that stuff in the handle to use?
2. Well...hm. Well there are a few problems here. The biggest being that in order to control things in a reasonably efficient way, you'd need a pretty good amount of this stuff in you. Second, deposition of calcium into bones isn't instant...or even quick. And injecting it is gonna cause hypercalcemia and potentially cause them to spasm like crazy.  Or die.
3. This could work.
4.This could also work.

Q-carbon anything.  Yes, no, or confusion.
Confusion.

1.What shape is the solid light matter generator?  Is it a box, an implant, a wand, what?

2.What size is it, if applicable?

3.Where does it project light from?

4.What surface needs to have light shone on it for the generator to function?

5.Can we use artificially generated light, and does that light need to be externally visible?

6.What are the limitations on how much light can be created?  Could you spend years creating a massive stockpile, or is there a limit to how much solid light can exist at once?

7.Are there other limitations, such as light needing to be near the generator?

8.Can sods operate solid light matter generators?  IIRC, they could operate uncon equipment.

Boxy.
Normal one? About shoe box, maybe a bit bigger.
Oh it doesn't need like to be on the box itself, it just needs light in the area it's generating the matter in. It turns light into solid matter. No light, no matter.
As long as the light is in the right wavelength, it's fine.
It's limited by distance from the generator, ie by volume created. You can only  make so much before there's no more space to fill.
None that immediately spring to mind.
Hmm...Theoretically yes, but it still requires mind to form things correctly.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1615 on: December 17, 2015, 03:01:15 pm »

Yes, a set of preset shapes.

How much for that?  Similar to the instant containment gun?
Sigtext

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #1616 on: December 17, 2015, 03:19:42 pm »

1. So what is the purpose of this? Just having some of that stuff in the handle to use?

I believe his point is enabling Jedi sword fighting techniques. Throw the razor and pull it back through necks because opponent thinks it's no danger anymore.

Dunno, maybe. But it would be a pretty expensive thing to just huck around.

But with limited range and duration it could be reusable, right? Lob temporary hallucination grenade at enemies and shoot them while they are distracted and panicking and retrieve it once safe. Or use it perhaps as a stationary distraction: Break a door, set up a Black Halo grenade to make the door look and feel intact. Make your duplicate appear in bed, or duplicates of guards you killed standing in guard. Applications are limitless if you are brave enough.
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

renegadelobster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1617 on: December 17, 2015, 03:50:50 pm »

I trust your judgment on the "Shredder" suit PW. I'm on mission and really don't want to incur anythings wrath by tinkering.
Well, it only hates Linux for now. If we could condition it to hate computer viruses, than hooray! Free, brutal virus protection! Unless you have Linux!

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1618 on: December 17, 2015, 05:01:33 pm »

Can one use the pocket dimension like a portal gun?

Could you explain a bit how the 5sec reset works? Like, one activates it, then what exactly happens to any particular molecule inside the affected radius, frame by frame?

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #1619 on: December 17, 2015, 06:12:33 pm »

1.Does being in a white mask render you immune to drugs, or can you get high if you possess a body that's high?

2.A white mask can possess anyone/thing which touches it, right?  Even if they just pick it up?

3.Can a white mask be put inside a braincase, and possess it, essentially acting as a roboperson?

4.How tough is a white mask?  Would it break from being dropped?

5.Could a white mask be protected by coating it in mythril/some other metal, leaving only a small contact patch for possession?

6.Can you use a 5-second reset to clone ammo for the 5-second reset?

7.Can you use a 5-second reset to clone armory equipment/nyartifacts, which you can then sell to other players?

8.Can a 5-second reset be set to automatically activate after severe trauma?

9.How long is "a short period" when using the 5-second reset often?  Is it directly prortional to how much of a munchkin the user is?
Pages: 1 ... 106 107 [108] 109 110 ... 127