Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 9

Author Topic: The Flame's Last Flickers IC  (Read 7526 times)

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a good guy...girl. My horse just eat souls.
    • View Profile
Re: The Flame's Last Flickers IC
« Reply #60 on: February 26, 2014, 03:14:53 pm »

'Meg' slither into the room "I'm here, what the meeting about?" she asked as she finished trying her hair back.
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.
Morpheus, a magic girls game

swordsmith04

• Bay Watcher
  • Communist Gnome
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: February 26, 2014, 03:43:50 pm »

"I'll explain once the rest of the party is here."

Once the rest of the party, minus the Buzkari, are present, Jarund speaks up again.
"Sorry to wake most of you, but there's something we need to decide on before morning comes. The Buzkari and I went to the Drunken Swan, an inn down the road from here, on a lead it got from those Forest Brothers. There's a merchant there, who lost a caravan to the Beast of Mulgran Wood - which is between us and Minerva. He's offering 200 gold per warrior, if we bring him back the Beast's head and his goods. There was also a Ferrikan knight there, the commander of those drunken knights that were here earlier. Or ex-commander, from his reaction to learning how drunk they were. He wants to come with us to fight the Beast. It's a good opportunity, which is partially why I called this meeting. The other reason is that we don't really know what the Beast is. I was hoping some of you might have a clearer memory. It was described as 'big, with a grey pelt, four legs, big mouth, and loud roar'. That bring anything to mind?" Jarund looks around the table.

sjm9876

• Bay Watcher
  • Did not so much Fall as Saunter Vaguely Downwards
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: February 26, 2014, 03:45:22 pm »

Make check
My dreams are not unlike yours - they long for the safety, and break like a glass chandelier.
But there's laughter and oh there is love, just past the edge of our fears.
And there's chaos when push comes to shove, but it's music to my ears.

Sigtext

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a good guy...girl. My horse just eat souls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: February 26, 2014, 04:36:29 pm »

'Meg' think of the books she read before(Monster knowledge check)
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.
Morpheus, a magic girls game

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: February 26, 2014, 05:29:46 pm »

Kyle comes down I guess.
((Do we really need to make a check for what sounds like a huge wolf?))

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: February 26, 2014, 10:11:54 pm »

Balthazar is woken by Jarund before dawn. After going through his morning rutine, he joins the party: "If it becomes necessary, we should be able to get rid of that knight fairly easily, provided we keep an eye on him. That forest is on the way to Minerva, isn't it? Two birds with one stone, as the saying goes - it seems like a good opportunity.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2014, 10:22:17 pm by Helgoland »
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

sjm9876

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: February 27, 2014, 12:32:50 pm »

' 'Get rid of' the knight? If he does us no ill, then nor should we.'
My dreams are not unlike yours - they long for the safety, and break like a glass chandelier.

Sigtext

Vorthon

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 50% more pointless rambling!
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: February 27, 2014, 12:38:12 pm »

Thrunn finally joins the party, yawning, "This unit must agree with the Earthborn. This unit emphasizes that resources must be made use of, not discarded without regard."

swordsmith04

• Bay Watcher
  • Communist Gnome
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: February 27, 2014, 01:10:31 pm »

"The Ferrikan is of no use to us if we defeat the Beast. If he doesn't start anything afterwords, I won't either. But Suthrund and Ferrikos are at war, or soon will be. I'll have that in mind, and you can be damned sure he will. His departing peacefully would be almost a miracle."

sjm9876

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: February 27, 2014, 01:56:55 pm »

'But a miracle you would honour, yes?'

Sigtext

swordsmith04

• Bay Watcher
  • Communist Gnome
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: February 27, 2014, 02:36:09 pm »

"As I already said, I won't start anything. Before or after we fight the Beast. I'm not going to soften my blows if it comes to defending myself, though."

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: February 27, 2014, 08:22:06 pm »

The party

Ada and Aras, listening to the description, think deep.

After your discussion, just before dawn, you meet the old miner waiting outside the knightlodge. You exchange greetings and check you have your respective equipment. As you head towards the gates of the town, you noticed despite his frailty the miner is surprisingly steady on his feet.

At the gate you meet the Ferrikan. With a green cloak over his steel plate and the traditional Ferrikan zweihander over his shoulder, he towers over the single knight beside him - a younger youth with the same grey eyes. This Forest Brother does not have the same heavy plate - instead chainmail and a kettle hat, with a handaxe on his hip and spear in hand. Both are mounted on horses.
The Ferrikan trots towards you as you approach.
"About time." he growls. "Almost thought you'd chickened out, little princeling. We have a lot of ground to cover. A day at least on foot." He spots the old man and snorts a laugh. "Another mighty monster hunter, I see."
Yorkin looks confused. "What's this, now? I'm not hunting a monster. I'm guiding these brave souls to Minerva to fight the beast in the mines."
"Well," says the Ferrikan, "We're making a stop along the way. Be sure to keep up. I am Alardin Irudune. This Forest Brother is Gunall. I do not care about your names."

----

Spoiler: GM notes (click to show/hide)
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: February 27, 2014, 08:30:51 pm »

Kyle contemplates making the Ferriken bleed for being a jerk. He decides against it.

Vorthon

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 50% more pointless rambling!
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: February 27, 2014, 08:45:14 pm »

Thrunn stares at the Ferriken, his artificial eye playing a beam over him briefly, "This unit cares not about names, either. This unit only cares for the Task."

swordsmith04

• Bay Watcher
  • Communist Gnome
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: February 27, 2014, 09:42:29 pm »

"I said dawn, did I not? It is dawn, and we are here. Perhaps you should pay more attention. Now, let us begin." Jarund starts down the road to Mulgran Wood.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 9