Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 46

Author Topic: Launch the Mobile Suit!! - The Gravity Front  (Read 57529 times)

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
Re: Launch the Mobile Suit!! - Always in Need of Testers!
« Reply #465 on: June 27, 2014, 07:56:38 pm »

Hmm! I think I'll focus on ground combat for now. I can make maps for that. I'm also considering how sensor ratings would factor into gameplay.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #466 on: July 08, 2014, 09:29:13 pm »

I've done a rebalance for the weapons, while keeping this in mind:
Okay, I've been rolling xd6 (x=relevant attribute rating) and adding them up for rolls, but I think it'd be a hell of a lot simpler if individual dice were a success or failure, evens being success, odds being failure, whomever has more successes wins the opposed test. It shouldn't change the way the game has been played aside from making it easier to roll, and removing the unfair guaranteed kill that Rolep got there at the end.

I'd still roll for order the same way, however.

Changes are bolded.

Quote from: Zeon Weapons
◾M-120A1 120mm Machine Gun [Hit4 Dmg2 Amm5]

◾H&L-SB25K A-P 280mm Bazooka [Hit2 Dmg4 Amm1 (long reload)]

◾3-tube Missile Pod [Hit1 Dmg5 Amm6 Mov2 (built-in)]

◾360mm Giant Bazooka [Hit2 Dmg5 Amm3]

Quote from: Federation Weapons
◾60mm Vulcan Gun [Hit4 Dmg1 Amm4 (built-in) (point defense)]

◾BR-M-79C-1 Beam Rifle [Hit2 Dmg2 Amm5]

◾BOWA BG-M-79F-3A Beam Gun [Hit3 Dmg3 Amm3]

◾380mm Hyper Bazooka [Hit2 Dmg6 Amm1]

---

Should the shield even have a Def rating? Maybe it just passively defends against a set number of attacks and when it runs out of points it's destroyed.

Quote from: Shield
◾FADEGEL RGM-M-Sh-003 Shield [Def2/2 (shield)]

I also need to do some serious thinking about melee.. I don't think I should try to make them work the same way the other weapons do.

Quote from: Stabby things
◾Beta-Blu Beam Saber [Hit6 Dmg10 (melee)]
◾Heat Hawk Type5 [Hit5 Dmg3 (no reload) (melee)]
◾Heat Saber [Hit4 Dmg4 (melee)]
◾THI BSjG01 Beam Saber [Hit5 Dmg5 (melee) (disposable)]

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #467 on: July 08, 2014, 11:07:05 pm »

You really shouldn't.

It should probably be an opposed Hit test modified by Speed. Parrying and grappling and whatnot.

Also, you decided to make the Machine Gun objectively better than the Beam Rifle? Dealing the same amount of damage whilst being far more accurate? And making the Bazooka just as acurate as the Beam Rifle and far more powerful, even if it's slow?

What does the Mov2 mean in the 3-tube missile pod? The Giant Bazooka is pretty ridiculous now, by the way. Basically better than the hyper bazooka fore damage over time(unless you have a really low chance to damage even with the Hyper Bazooka...but I doubt it), and more than comparable to the Beam Gun.

Shield, I would say, should just boost the Def of whatever mech is using it by 2 points, if it's used to defend against an attack which rolls successes equal to the defenders successes(defender wins ties, of course), it breaks entirely.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #468 on: July 09, 2014, 01:59:19 am »

You really shouldn't. It should probably be an opposed Hit test modified by Speed. Parrying and grappling and whatnot.
What? The characters are making a test against each other, it's always been an opposed test.
The Move for the missiles tells you how tough they are to shoot down.

The way I've been doing damage so far, 4 damage total is guaranteed to disable your MS. 2 or more in a single go is sure to break something, smash a limb, destroy a weapon, or injure the pilot. As a rule, 1 damage is enough to pop a tank or similar sized vehicle.

I rated the machine gun while keeping the fact that it's an automatic weapon in mind. You're right, though. Instead of assuming the pilot is always burst firing I should make that a trait the user can invoke with appropriate modifiers. Do keep in mind, however, that some weapons can be objectively better than others. But the Feds won't always have beam weapons, they're expensive.

So, the new trait: Burst: -1 hit, +1 dmg, +1 ammo cost

Quote from: Zeon Weapons
◾M-120A1 120mm Machine Gun [Hit3 Dmg2 Amm5 (burst)]
◾H&L-SB25K A-P 280mm Bazooka [Hit1 Dmg4 Amm1 (long reload)]
◾3-tube Missile Pod [Hit1 Dmg5 Amm3 Mov2 (built-in)]
◾360mm Giant Bazooka [Hit1 Dmg5 Amm5]

Quote from: Federation Weapons
◾60mm Vulcan Gun [Hit4 Dmg1 Amm4 (built-in) (point defense)]
◾BR-M-79C-1 Beam Rifle [Hit3 Dmg3 Amm5]
◾BOWA BG-M-79F-3A Beam Gun [Hit4 Dmg4 Amm4]
◾380mm Hyper Bazooka [Hit2 Dmg5 Amm1]

Behavior modifiers could be fun.

The next scenarios will take place during the One Year War. You'll be participating in the Earth Drop Operations, where the Zeon landed five mobile suit divisions led by Garma Zabi-

-and faced off against the Federation ground forces. Assault/defense during the California Base takeover in North America, seek and destroy/guerrilla warfare in the deserts of the ME and North Africa, and some special operations down in Oceania.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2014, 02:02:44 am by GUNINANRUNIN »

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #469 on: July 10, 2014, 07:52:45 am »

Now that I really think about it, on the ground, all MS move about the same speed. Unless he's a Dom and he's got wheels. This is where the modifiers will come in:

Moving: +1 mov, -1 hit
Flying: +2 mov, -2 hit
Fallen: -1 mov, -1 hit
In cover: +1 def
Surpressed: -1 hit

Etc.

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
« Reply #470 on: July 10, 2014, 01:30:27 pm »

Gimme an RGM-79 with shield this time please.

((Sorry for never being around for this I promise I'm interested I just augh))

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #471 on: July 10, 2014, 05:32:31 pm »

Pilot Name: Francis Vinheim
Team: Federation

Joining 'cause this is awesome.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #472 on: July 11, 2014, 06:23:11 am »

Oh ho! Not so fast! Before the campaign starts we're having a quick dream fight. It's an urban engagement between six Fed Mobile Weapons plus one command vehicle, against a single Zeon unit. Furtuka already has dibs on the Zeon suit.

I'll be briefing him on his stats and arms in private, just to keep it a surprise.

The six Feddie slots are thus:
RGM-79g [ ] <-- These suits get a choice of a machine gun OR the 180mm cannon (everyone gets a shield)
RGM-79g [ ]
RGM-79g [ ]
RX-75 Guntank MPT [ ] <-- standard MS+treads+huger guns=Guntank; they lose mobility if they have to change direction, but the stable platform means no hit penalties while rolling
RX-75 Guntank MPT [ ]
RX-75 Guntank MPT [ ]

The empty brackets are where player/pilot names go. The first to come, is the first served.

---

We're starting from scratch with the weapon stats, I've trashed the old ones. These weapons are more appropriate for footsoldiers of the Federation.

RGM-79 Ground-Type - Def2 Mov2
Spoiler: Front (click to show/hide)

NF*GMG-Type.37/100mm machine gun - Hit3 Dmg2 Amm20, RangeShort/Medium, Burst (-1 hit, +1 dmg, costs 5 ammo while acting as a regular attack)
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
The standard armament for Federation mobile suit ground forces, the Type 37 is an open-bolt, gas-operated, magazine-fed, mobile suit handheld machine gun. It fires a 100x450 millimeter round at a rate of 500 rounds per minute and is loaded with a 20-round box magazine. Features include a folding stock and swivel forward hand grip. Accuracy is limited due to the aiming from regular iron sights and not a targeting sensor. Maximum effective range of 1.5 kilometers. The Type 37 cannot be used in space. Every Gundam and GM ground type carry two spare 20-round magazines on their hip armor.

NFHI*GMCa-type.09/180mm Artillery Cannon - Hit2 Dmg4 Amm8, RangeMedium/Long, Recoil (you must be stationary to use this weapon)
The Type 09 artillery cannon fires a 180x800 millimeter HE round and is loaded with an eight (8) round box magazine. Maximum effective range 3.0 kilometers. The cannon can be broken down into five for storage in the backpack storage container: the forward barrel with muzzle brake group, the rear barrel group, the forward receiver group, the rear receiver group and the magazine. Features include a swivel-out forward hand grip and top carrying handle.

Spoiler: Scale (click to show/hide)

RGM*S-Sh-WF/S-00109 shield - Passive +1 Def, destroyed when hit
Mounted on either forearm, the Federation small shield is used by all GUNDAM and GM ground type mobile suits. It is capable of deflecting most incoming ballistic projectiles and some explosive warheads. Mount latch and joint/pivot mount position retracted for protection or extended for slashing or punching attacks. Can be thrust into the ground and used as an elevated weapon firing position. Features include top carrying handle and shield claw.

Each MS is also equipped with two Beam Swords in either leg. I won't discuss those just yet, however.

RX-75 Guntank Mass Production Type - Def2 Mov2, Tank (no hit penalties while moving, mov is reduced to [1] whilst turning)
Spoiler: Front (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Rear (click to show/hide)

2x 120mm Low-Recoil Cannon - Hit3 Dmg3 Amm1, RangeLong/Extreme, Linked (when this weapon is fired, also fire [Lo-Rec Cannon 2])
A pair of 120mm cannons based on the original RX-75-4 Guntank. The cannons are fire-linked and mounted in the unit's shoulders which are connected to the Guntank's backpack.

2x 40mm 4-barrel Pop Missile Launcher - Hit2 Dmg3 Amm4, RangeShort/Medium
For mid-range combat the mass production Guntank is equipped with a pair of 40mm 4-barrel Pop Missile Launchers mounted in place of standard mobile suit forearms.

Spoiler: Weapon Tags (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Vehicle Tags (click to show/hide)

We determine B/S modifiers by the description of the action as it plays out.

Quote from: adwarf
I take cover from the sniper behind the aforementioned ruined wall. I'll zap you good, Zeon scum!
Adwarf is now affected by this cover. He is 'In cover', so long as he isn't flanked. It's unrealistic to try and account for every possible B/S tag, so a lot will simply be made up during the action. Tags that will likely be common will get dropped into the OP spoiler for safekeeping. The tag spoilers will also reside beneath the turns where they can be quickly referred to as well. Tags are for things that could realistically affect the situation. So just because you really, really want to stab that Gelgoog and your character is super mad at him because he shot you earlier doesn't mean you'll hit him any harder. However, that doesn't mean I won't reward you with some positive tags for RPing if, for example: the pilot is your sworn enemy who just struck down your mentor and you deliver an awesome 'the reason you suck' speech before driving your beam saber thru his cockpit.

Limited ammo is also now a thing. As a squad you'll have to babysit a supply backpack for rearming in the field. It can be worn by an MS who isn't already wearing a mission pack, or left somewhere safe. Reloading shouldn't be a problem for this scenario so you won't have to worry about that.

Spoiler: GM Note (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: July 16, 2014, 05:08:49 am by GUNINANRUNIN »

darkpaladin109

• Bay Watcher
  • has no intention of returning here
    • View Profile
« Reply #473 on: July 11, 2014, 07:47:44 am »

Can we choose which one we want to pilot? :P

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #474 on: July 11, 2014, 08:02:04 am »

The first to come, is the first served.
Yes. It's a free for all right now. If you grab a GM make sure you tell me if you want an MG or a cannon.

darkpaladin109

• Bay Watcher
  • has no intention of returning here
    • View Profile
« Reply #475 on: July 11, 2014, 08:05:08 am »

Does this look alright?

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #476 on: July 11, 2014, 08:18:42 am »

Nothin' wrong with it. Not a very animu Fed name but it doesn't matter.

Hawk132

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #477 on: July 11, 2014, 08:20:18 am »

Spoiler: Signin' up (click to show/hide)
Perplexicon: A New Arena - Abandoned, but feel free to give it a read.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #478 on: July 11, 2014, 08:26:41 am »

Do you post often enough to play?

Hawk132

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #479 on: July 11, 2014, 08:30:35 am »

I have lots of time on hand. Pretty sure I can post my actions in less than 24h.
Perplexicon: A New Arena - Abandoned, but feel free to give it a read.
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 46