Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Duke Knight's Momentum is up for revision? Which version of the skill would you prefer?

Current one, unchanged.
+4 AS and +5 DMG when moving 4 spaces or more.
+2 AS and +3 DMG on Player Phase, with additional +2 AS and +2 DMG when moving 4 spaces or more.
+1 AS and +1.5 DMG for each space moved up to 4 spaces.
Current one but AS bonus is converted to DR from the end of the Player Phase until the next one.
I don't know but I want to see the results.

Pages: 1 ... 198 199 [200] 201 202 ... 300

Author Topic: The Fire Emblem on Forums Hub! 10 Years of FEF!  (Read 283470 times)

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
Re: The Fire Emblem on Forums Hub! FEF2 HAS FINISHED!
« Reply #2985 on: July 16, 2016, 01:58:13 am »

Looks like the kind of stuff that might save me a lot of time. My suggestion is adding an option to save previous stats you insert there, so you won't need to add it all again.
That's the plan! When it's complete you shouldn't have to touch the input fields at all. I want for the end user to be able to:
- Upload a text file and have the page retrieve the stat values and put them in automatically.
- See Derived Stats input field values change in real-time as you tweak stats.
- Punch in stats for a weapon or a character sheet and be able to export a text file.

BMM42 shared some design documents with me that I'm going to be working off of so it's thanks to him that I've already got some cool plans in store for the calculator.

BMM42's wishlist: http://pastebin.com/ihmSu7WH
« Last Edit: July 16, 2016, 02:02:42 am by GUNINANRUNIN »

Praefectus Screptum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2986 on: July 27, 2016, 11:29:00 am »

Reposting the "killer" weapon variation for the subcategory that had no weapons with crit-rate or very small chance because I forgot to add a few subcategories.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: July 27, 2016, 08:56:38 pm by Praefectus Screptum »

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2987 on: July 27, 2016, 08:26:48 pm »

I see no reason to give druidic magic multiple killer weapons. Make one, which trumps other killer weapons or something else not covered by an existing druidic tome, and call it a day.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
  • Edelgard did nothing wrong.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2988 on: July 27, 2016, 08:50:44 pm »

I see no reason to give druidic magic multiple killer weapons. Make one, which trumps other killer weapons or something else not covered by an existing druidic tome, and call it a day.

Yoooooooo.

Praefectus Screptum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2989 on: July 27, 2016, 08:57:07 pm »

Post modified, all those tomes were placed with Cursed Fire.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2990 on: July 27, 2016, 10:01:54 pm »

Yoooooooo.
Not sure if good yo or bad yo.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Swordstar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2991 on: July 27, 2016, 10:32:04 pm »

By that same argument, you probably don't need both Killer Pilum and Killer Spear. Also Pilum have 26 QL is a really odd number. I get giving it even number so that even set of uses but at that point just give it 30 or 20.

Honestly, I don't really see the point of adding *more* crit weapons since each weapon type has some crit weapons and typically giving your PCs more crit is not something a GM wants to do. :P

Also like... these seem pretty OP?

Spoiler: Comparisons (click to show/hide)

In general, I think you're discounting how much things are worth? In general, a good rule of thumb to have is -/+1 wt=+/-1 mt=+/-5 hit=+/-5 crit buuuut that crit is really powerful. If you look at all the other killer weapons, they're typically either all around worse than the other similar rank weapon or they're about the same but the other weapon has some effect like reversing weapon triangle or effective damage. The only one I'd see as different is the recurve subcat but poison bow sucks so eh.

A good example actually is Killer Crossbow vs Silver Crossbow. They have the same MT, but the Killer Crossbow has +2 wt, -20 hit, and +30 crit. So it follows the stuff I said above.

In general, I don't think the weapon ideas are terrible. I just think they're unbalanced and also that giving more crit to PCs is a bad idea :P

Edit: I don't know exactly how QL use translates into stuff, but prolly similar +/-5 QL for the above stuff? That one is a bit harder to translate.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2016, 10:38:51 pm by Swordstar »

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
  • Edelgard did nothing wrong.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2992 on: July 27, 2016, 10:38:02 pm »

Yoooooooo.
Not sure if good yo or bad yo.

I think its a neat idea.

Edit: I haven't poured over the weapon stats myself, but if you're just slapping extra crit on weapons comparable to what's available, that's going to be REALLY powerful.

Praefectus Screptum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2993 on: July 27, 2016, 11:36:22 pm »

If you didn't pay attention to the topic, it was about giving killer weapons to the subcategories without critical weapons or with low chance. Bludgeon weapons literally have no critical weapon, for example so obviously a Killer Axe will be a lot more useful most of times as the difference of weight and mt between bludgeon and hack doesn't make it a very inviting subcategory.

So yes, it might need some balance on wt/mt yet and that's why I posted here. So I can at least try to put some balance on stuff like mt, wt and hit rate to make sure it won't be OP but also won't be underpowered. If you think more killer weapons aren't needed, that's ok people have different opinions.

Edit: And after checking the handbook I can see there isn't that much of a difference when it is about hit rate between killer and non-killer weapons of the same category. So besides decreasing mt and increasing wt of some, I probably will just need to decrease 5 hit of some I didn't before.

Double Edit: List is fixed, increased the WT of most of weapons, decreased MT of some, -5 Hit to the ones that were side-to-side with C rank weapons.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: July 28, 2016, 09:43:37 am by Praefectus Screptum »

Swordstar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2994 on: July 28, 2016, 07:47:33 am »

I don't have the handbook with me so I can't see for sure but you seem to have missed my point? Just going off the first one, you just reduced Mt by two which by my numbers would still give the killer weapon a 10 crit bonus over the other. The issue with comparing existing killer weapons to the other c rank weapons is often those weapons have some sort of special effect the c rank of other categories don't, like reaver status or effective damage. So you need to compare them more to the other weapons in the category you're putting them in than how other weapons compare to existing killer weapons. Especially because crit is so powerful.

Also I think you derped your second pilum Mt and wt maybe?

As for my comments, I think it's not overly necessary because each weapon type, not subcat, has some sort if killer weapon. Crit is stupid powerful. Trying to add more of an already powerful type is risky as shown by the fact that you're making essentially more powerful versions of the weapons that exist. I still think just comparing the two lists that some of these are stronger than they should be but would need to check the handbook to really be sure.

Praefectus Screptum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2995 on: July 28, 2016, 08:58:21 am »

Actually I also compared them to some of the B/D rank weapons and of course as stated before with the normal C ranked weapons, so not really. And well, like I said before, that's your opinion. I just think it is unfair that only some specific subcategories have some kind of crit rate. Some subcategories literally have little to none advantages compared to the "main" ones, so it is a way to encourage people to try new subcategories too. And I fixed the second Killer Pillum now.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2016, 09:15:13 am by Praefectus Screptum »

Swordstar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2996 on: July 28, 2016, 09:51:11 am »

I'm going to assume they're on average weaker than B and stronger than D? I dunno, I still think you're underestimating how strong crit is but *shrug*

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2997 on: July 28, 2016, 10:02:35 am »

Crit is powerful, yes, but adding killer weapons to every subcat isn't the way to make other subcats more viable.
Subcats should provide more variation. If a subcat is too weak, emphasise the subcat's strengths, not just adding crit.
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

CrimsonEon

• Bay Watcher
  • Is that Blood Thine or the Enemy's?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2998 on: July 29, 2016, 09:50:44 am »

So I had a thought- currently Vuln Dancing is a pretty crutch tactic, and players aren't really feeling that much heat from enemies with high crit weapons. Usually Haspen would handle this by creating weapons that cause players to lose more down counters on being downed, but here's another idea for a difficulty modifier:
Quote from: IRC
‹CrickEt›  maybe there should be overkill penalty, like, people's HP goes negative when being downed
‹CrickEt›  healing while downed will heal full amount so long as there is negative HP to heal, but bringing people positive again cuts healing by half?
‹swordstar›  So if you're -8, healing with a vuln leaves at 1
‹CrickEt›  yeah, like that
It would definitely hurt to be crit under this kind of system, but a good healer could still bring up a player in a reasonable amount of time. Vulns won't be as effective when healing people who really took a beating, but can still handle people downed by being grazed pretty effectively. It'd also ensure that people with Wrath, Resolve or other <% HP skills have to play more conservatively.

Any thoughts on this? I get the feeling I'm missing some factor in this that unreasonably increases the difficulty.

Swordstar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2999 on: July 29, 2016, 10:01:12 am »

That thing might be effective damage crits. If you get slammed for 100+ damage, you're pretty much dead. Maybe put a cap on it?
Pages: 1 ... 198 199 [200] 201 202 ... 300