Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Duke Knight's Momentum is up for revision? Which version of the skill would you prefer?

Current one, unchanged.
+4 AS and +5 DMG when moving 4 spaces or more.
+2 AS and +3 DMG on Player Phase, with additional +2 AS and +2 DMG when moving 4 spaces or more.
+1 AS and +1.5 DMG for each space moved up to 4 spaces.
Current one but AS bonus is converted to DR from the end of the Player Phase until the next one.
I don't know but I want to see the results.

Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 300

Author Topic: The Fire Emblem on Forums Hub! 10 Years of FEF!  (Read 282075 times)

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
Re: Fire Emblem on Forums Balance and Ideas Thread
« Reply #330 on: April 04, 2014, 11:17:28 pm »

I meant Thieves; brainfart or something, I dunno what happened. :P Rogue's thing is their limitless inventory.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #331 on: April 05, 2014, 03:12:11 am »

Why not the scavenge that my games use? 50 gold per kill that Scavenger makes? :v
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

Solymr

• Bay Watcher
  • BEEP BOP READ SOLDIERMON
    • View Profile
« Reply #332 on: April 05, 2014, 05:33:37 am »

I think 100/200 on first hit is good for me and I still have my vote so I think we have a winner :V
Are these numbers good?

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
  • Edelgard did nothing wrong.
    • View Profile
« Reply #333 on: April 05, 2014, 06:43:30 am »

Scavs can activate their skill on any enemy, thieves have to meet one of two stat requirements, and most enemies only carry one item (a weapon) anyway, so it's not great to compare each other.

But now that we've determined that, I think 100/200 is good. We could do a poll for the exact amount if opinion is divided.

Solymr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #334 on: April 05, 2014, 06:46:21 am »

Plea to the GMs: give enemies more items to steal plz

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #335 on: April 05, 2014, 06:48:07 am »

I included plenty of vulneraries to steal last chapter :v

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a good guy...girl. My horse just eat souls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #336 on: April 05, 2014, 11:33:20 am »

If I had a thief, I would, but since an Scavenger lack steal, it needless busy work.
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.
Morpheus, a magic girls game

Solymr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #337 on: April 06, 2014, 09:35:16 am »

Alright, apparently 100/200 gold on first hit it is.
Now, what class should we see?

Shoruke

• Bay Watcher
  • There's a Prinny in Fire Emblem, dood!?
    • View Profile
« Reply #338 on: April 06, 2014, 06:21:41 pm »

Now, what class should we see?
Assuming you mean, "what class should we discuss and re-balance next", how about archers and their inexplicable daggers in 1.22? (which they don't have weapon proficiency for, can use when not equipped, and can't initiate attacks with, for some reason). There are tons of ways to make archers more survivable without invoking "because the rulebook says you can't do something that you are otherwise obviously able to do" as a restriction. For instance:

* Reaction Shot (active skill): Activate this skill instead of making an attack this round. During the next Enemy Phase, any time an enemy moves into any panel within your attack range, make an attack against him with -15 to hit. You may not target any target more than once per turn with this skill, and you may not double-attack regardless of your relative Attack Skill.
(turns archers into great backup for hold-the-line tactics, and gives them a circumstantial chance to counter on enemy turns without giving them a blanket 1-2 counterattack range. May be OP against enemy archers and mages, but again, using it at all requires the enemy to charge into your attack range, and they may choose not to)

* Nothin' to do but Dodge (passive skill): When attacked by an enemy who is not inside your counterattack range, you gain +20 to Evasion.
(Helps but isn't brokenly awesome. And it makes more sense than The Daggers of Bullschist)

* Point-Blank Shot (passive skill): You may use bows at a range of 1, but with a penalty of 1 Damage and 15 Accuracy.
(not my favorite option, since it kinda disrupts the feel of the game, but it's something that archers really should be able to do...)

* Luckily, My Meat Shield Will Protect Me (passive skill): If you are attacked when adjacent to an ally, there is a luck% chance that the attack will be directed at said ally, even if they are out of normal range for that attack. If you are adjacent to more than one ally, determine which for each attack individually.
(Hiding behind the meat shields or the walls, just like, you know, actual archers)

* Sniper's Nest (passive skill): Double the defensive benefits of terrain you are standing on.
(it's situational, it's strictly defensive, it's not broken, it makes sense, it's perfect.)

* Sniper Elite (passive skill): You hide after attacking when you can. If you attack from (and end your turn in) a forest, pillar, hill, or mountain tile, any enemy who is able to attack one of your allies may not target you on their turn.
(I think the wording is imperfect, but if you're in hiding and the enemy can target your friends, they cannot attack you on their turn. It would greatly change the "feel" of playing an archer, making them sneakier instead of relying on placement tactics to keep them safe, but at least you aren't forced to stand around in the open like a derp if you want to contribute to the fight)

* Prognostication (passive skill): You keep your eyes on the horizon, and when someone charges you, you have time to anticipate. If an enemy moves three spaces or more to attack you, you gain +20 Evasion against them for that round.
(it's a lot like Nothin' To Do But Dodge, above. Just more steely-eyed-Sniper style.)

* Premeditation (active skill): You may activate this skill once per battle. Reduce your MAG to 0, and receive an increase to SPD equal to half the MAG lost. On every subsequent turn, your MAG increases by 1 up to its normal amount, and every 2 turns your SPD decreases by 1 down to its normal amount.
(also has application as an offensive boost, allowing you to double-attack quick foes you might not otherwise be able to. Yay strategy!)

Bewsh. Lookit all them options. Maybe we need a poll (with "no ability" and "keep the daggers" as options). I'm not in any of the FEF games, so if the numbers need changing around, so be it. Maybe just add 10 EVA instead of 20. Maybe use a SPD% chance instead of LUK%. Maybe add MAG*3 to EVA instead of MAG/2 to SPD. I'm all for making archers less tactically unfeasible when there's no chokepoints, but can we please oh my gods not arm them with daggers made of bullschist and voodoo?
« Last Edit: April 06, 2014, 06:27:54 pm by shoruke »
The Unforgotten Beast, Shoruke, has come! A pale-skinned human. It has heterochromatic eyes and moves in an unpredictable manner. Beware its rapier wit!

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #339 on: April 06, 2014, 06:27:47 pm »

The 1.22 archer isn't even on the table Shoruke. Calm thy britches.

Now, that said, I actually really like Reaction Shot. It gives Archers something that Nomads just don't have (we still need to get around to fixing the spy, lets come to a consensus on that next) other than the ability to use ballistae, and is good from both a flavor and practical standpoint. And we saw ballistae, what, once in FEF?

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #340 on: April 06, 2014, 06:38:37 pm »

We aren't basing ourselves on 1.22. The class abilities in it are ridiculous.

I had been considering an ability for the sniper that we could give to the archer instead.

Long Shot: DMG increased by 2 for every tile between the target and the attacker
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #341 on: April 06, 2014, 06:55:46 pm »

We aren't basing ourselves on 1.22. The class abilities in it are ridiculous.

I had been considering an ability for the sniper that we could give to the archer instead.

Long Shot: DMG increased by 2 for every tile between the target and the attacker

Ballistae.

Also, that's basically two free damage at almost all times.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #342 on: April 06, 2014, 06:59:27 pm »

Except with crossbows. Your point?
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #343 on: April 06, 2014, 07:31:22 pm »

Except with crossbows. Your point?

Ballistae would allow the skill to add up to 20 damage.

I don't think Archers have problems with their potential damage on the whole.

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
  • Warning: May contain ham
    • View Profile
« Reply #344 on: April 06, 2014, 07:59:32 pm »

I think classes should only be changed if they need it. Don't fix what isn't broke.

As for use of stuff talked about here in game, some I'll use, some I won't. I'll be using things that haven't been brought up here as well, too.
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 300