Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Duke Knight's Momentum is up for revision? Which version of the skill would you prefer?

Current one, unchanged.
+4 AS and +5 DMG when moving 4 spaces or more.
+2 AS and +3 DMG on Player Phase, with additional +2 AS and +2 DMG when moving 4 spaces or more.
+1 AS and +1.5 DMG for each space moved up to 4 spaces.
Current one but AS bonus is converted to DR from the end of the Player Phase until the next one.
I don't know but I want to see the results.

Pages: 1 ... 66 67 [68] 69 70 ... 300

Author Topic: The Fire Emblem on Forums Hub! 10 Years of FEF!  (Read 280457 times)

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
  • Edelgard did nothing wrong.
    • View Profile

Is that a no :v

Btw can you show us your class flavor?

Yes and no, respectively. But I can show the class flavor I've got done when I get home.

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
  • Warning: May contain ham
    • View Profile

I still prefer lower AT(K) than lower MT. It would require that battle mages instead balance MAG and STR instead of just being careful about picking weapons, which would ultimately restrict what weapons one could bring into battle.

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

M' aware, why I said battle mage.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile

Aye. Since it's lower Might, they can choose to specialize in Magic or Strength, which creates it's own play; Do you want to use Fire magic with Longbows to scorch everything from miles away? How about Thunder Magic and Crossbows for super-accurate Lightning that crits damn-near every time(granted, you only get one hit...)? Wind Magic with Recurve Bows is given to those people who just like hitting things repeatedly. Or something.

Oh, I vote that the non-Might stats of the weapon with higher Might be used, by the way. Makes more sense to me, means choosing your weapons matters a shit. This includes range. HOWEVER, Weight should be whichever one is higher.
Speaking of which, I vote that special qualities from either one affect the combo, regardless of MT. Things like 'Effective against/on' and 'Scores twice as many hits' and whatnot. Again, makes it more important what you choose. (If the GM gave the battle-mage a Brave Bow and Sun Fire/Lunar Wind, that's his own damn fault)
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Solymr

• Bay Watcher
  • BEEP BOP READ SOLDIERMON
    • View Profile

If you want the stats of a good weapon then use it alone :I

Also this is so battle mage isn't always inferior to mage knight.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

You are getting penalized for using them both, don't forget, since it uses the lower MT of the two weapons. I just thought it would be nice if whatever you used for the other weapon actually mattered a shit, since whichever weapon has lower MT probably has better Hit or something, and the other one is just you wasting the Quality on that Silver Yari.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I think the combatant should choose a dominant weapon that determines the majority of the battle stats, and a supporting weapon that is used to actually give the imbue arrow bonuses. Then from those two, the one with lower MGT determines the final damage. Str or Mag is determined by which weapon is dominant.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Aka the Bow is the primary weapon and the tome is the secondary? Since that's A. how it would work realistically, B. Makes sense for crunch and fluff alike and C. the tomes are the only thing that give Imbue Arrow it's special stuff.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

A Battle Mage with better magic than Strength, like Jago in my game, might want to rely on the magic rather than the bow, though.

It can be viewed either as the bow acting merely as a conduit for the magic, or the magic being used to subtly enhance the arrow. It could be either, I think.

Solymr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Imbue Arrow now uses the weapon with the lowest MT and targets the lowest of DEF or RES.

Now for a little something something for Berserkers.

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile

Now for a little something something for Berserkers.

Do you need to make everything a formality? :P
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

Solymr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Just makin time. Bishops I think are good as is so next up would be Bounty Hunters and Steal Weapon is apparently too op.

And btw, FALLOUT EMBLEM IS COMING.

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I feel we'd save time if we just voted on accepting Haspen's house rules whole sale.

Also, Bishops are pretty nice. Shield that block siege magic (good lord that stuff is annoying late game) and staffs galore. I think it even stops ailment staffs, I'd have to look at the wording again.

EDIT: Guess it depends on if ailment staff usage counts as an attack.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2014, 09:00:04 am by Xanmyral »

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a good guy...girl. My horse just eat souls.
    • View Profile

And btw, FALLOUT EMBLEM IS COMING.
:o
I demand a save place(I'm assuming Solymr is the gm for that.)
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.
Morpheus, a magic girls game
Pages: 1 ... 66 67 [68] 69 70 ... 300