Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Duke Knight's Momentum is up for revision? Which version of the skill would you prefer?

Current one, unchanged.
+4 AS and +5 DMG when moving 4 spaces or more.
+2 AS and +3 DMG on Player Phase, with additional +2 AS and +2 DMG when moving 4 spaces or more.
+1 AS and +1.5 DMG for each space moved up to 4 spaces.
Current one but AS bonus is converted to DR from the end of the Player Phase until the next one.
I don't know but I want to see the results.

Pages: 1 ... 77 78 [79] 80 81 ... 300

Author Topic: The Fire Emblem on Forums Hub! 10 Years of FEF!  (Read 280482 times)

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
  • Edelgard did nothing wrong.
    • View Profile

Just be careful with the long range equipment then.

Attacks (including staves of any kind) cannot be made on anyone inside the Sanctuary Zone, and units cannot enter it once it is up, though they are free to leave at anytime. So, not really an issue, I think.

EDIT: The boulder thing looked like shit, and MWs never get mountains to actually play on. So we're giving them a variant of Big Swing from the 1.22.

We're currently determining which is more balanced- 5 hit for 1 dam, or 10 hit for 1 dam

We're currently setting the control.

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
  • Warning: May contain ham
    • View Profile

Yes, I'm well aware. Can't go in, can't go out, but it can go around/over quite nicely.

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Yes, I'm well aware. Can't go in, can't go out, but it can go around/over quite nicely.

That it can. It definitely wouldn't block things behind it.

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Which is what I'm meaning when I say to watch it carefully, plan your layouts with it in mind, and to be cautious with what long range stuff you give. You can essentially have as many turns as you wish due to blocking the enemies if you plan it right.

It can range from not that effective to hilariously broken depending on who, where, and how it's used.

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Well, most PCs won't have Siege Magic. We only ever had the chance to get it once in FEF, and that was on the run away map. Where we were too busy fleeing for our lives and telling each other not to loot the castle to do so.

But it would be far more effective indoors on the whole, yes. Church hax...

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Anyway, I personally like the change to mountain warrior, although they aren't known for being rather accurate.

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

We're also improving their mountain walk (which will also be used for cliffs), and giving them enhanced Hill movement.

We're still conducting science to see which variation of the hit penalty is better.

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Technically cliffs count as mountains, and they should already have the hill stuff due to having been bandits.

Solymr

• Bay Watcher
  • BEEP BOP READ SOLDIERMON
    • View Profile

Naw they get reduced penalty for moving through hills and mountains. Plus Big Swing which is getting fun to test.

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

But they already have that. See bandit.

Solymr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Then they will have reduced penalty when moving through mountains and cliffs only.
They get another special anyways.

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I consider it good practice to read the class that you're editing before you edit them.

And I saw that edit. :v.

Solymr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Oh shuddup I had v1.22 open and I thought it was one of its random things :V

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Anyway, there's no mention of how much it actually takes to walk on a mountain/cliff, in either of the editions. If I were to guess it, probably two or three. If you want to further give a boost to mountain warriors, I guess they just ignore the movement penalty.

Also, mountains appear to only give as much defense as a hill. I figured they gave more honestly.

Solymr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I thought they gave like peaks in the games :o
If they are just glorified hills then yeah, like hills before MW. If they give more after rework then it's 4 before MW and 2 or 3 after.
Pages: 1 ... 77 78 [79] 80 81 ... 300