Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Duke Knight's Momentum is up for revision? Which version of the skill would you prefer?

Current one, unchanged.
+4 AS and +5 DMG when moving 4 spaces or more.
+2 AS and +3 DMG on Player Phase, with additional +2 AS and +2 DMG when moving 4 spaces or more.
+1 AS and +1.5 DMG for each space moved up to 4 spaces.
Current one but AS bonus is converted to DR from the end of the Player Phase until the next one.
I don't know but I want to see the results.

Pages: 1 ... 100 101 [102] 103 104 ... 300

Author Topic: The Fire Emblem on Forums Hub! 10 Years of FEF!  (Read 280485 times)

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
  • Edelgard did nothing wrong.
    • View Profile

Current few things about status effects that need discussing:
Duration and damage of poison.
What to do about sleep/paralyze/stone.
Determine the effects of less common statuses like fear.
Base hit of status inducing staves and dances.

5 turns of 1-5 damage is probably fine. It'll be long lasting compared to other statuses, but it's only ever a danger to low level character or those who are close to death anyway.

I don't like the Oblivion staff. It's an interesting idea, but removing someone from combat entirely is... really OP. And setting it below sleep seems odd. What's more useful- sleeping the General WAHLing you from getting into the keep, or sealing him in a pocket dimension, which allows you to wander around in the space he used to occupy.

Honestly, I'd prefer making paralyze a physical silence, and move the current paralyze effect to stone.

As for Fear: The unit afflicted with this condition cannot initiate battle. If the target can reach better defensive terrain with their MOV, they must do so. Lasts 3 turns.

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
  • Warning: May contain ham
    • View Profile

Random Comment: I'm assuming that with Judgement magic, there's an implied 'and there promotions' going on there that isn't stated to save space. Because otherwise, every weapon B ranked and pass really lose out on on being useful because by then you're up against promoted units.

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Random Comment: I'm assuming that with Judgement magic, there's an implied 'and there promotions' going on there that isn't stated to save space. Because otherwise, every weapon B ranked and pass really lose out on on being useful because by then you're up against promoted units.

That's how I'm ruling it, yes.

Though theoretically, you could get up to A at First Class by having Discipline. But I digress.

Solymr

• Bay Watcher
  • BEEP BOP READ SOLDIERMON
    • View Profile

NameEffectDurationRank
PoisonDeals 1-5 damage.5 turns(E) staff; (D) dance
SleepCan't move or act. Attacks are autohits.3 turns or until first hit(E) staff
SilenceCan't cast magic or use staves.3 turns(C) staff
ParalyzeCan't move or act. Attacks are autohits.3 turns(C) staff; (D) dance
BerserkAutomatically attacks closest enemy. If no enemies in range attacks closest ally. If no one in range moves towards closest unit.3 turns(B) staff
StoneCan't move or act. Attacks are autohits with +30 crit. ?3 turns(B) staff
FearCan't initiate combat. Must move away from enemies. If defensive terrain is in range must go towards it. ?3? turns(B) dance
How's this for status effects?

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

We should probably do a poll for Paralyze. I know me and I think Xan wanted to make it a physical targeting Silence, and make Stone what Paralyze is now.

Solymr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I forgot to mention the new poll :V

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
  • Warning: May contain ham
    • View Profile

We should probably do a poll for Paralyze. I know me and I think Xan wanted to make it a physical targeting Silence, and make Stone what Paralyze is now.

Aye. Solves things nicely. And puts the debilitating paralyze a bit further away.

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Aye. Solves things nicely. And puts the debilitating paralyze a bit further away.

The option certainly seems popular.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile

The option is popular because otherwise Stone is stupidly OP. :P
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile

...Why should people with the Stone stat affliction suffer a +30 to being critically hit?

They're made of stone (in that context). While they can't move or act, shouldn't it be more of a...static affliction rather than a 'Oh my goodness s/he's made out of stone, we can easily break him with...my SPEAR now!'
Or something :x

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile

Agreed. If I had it my way only Crush and Club weapons, maybe magic, could hurt Stone'd characters. :P
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile

Agreed. If I had it my way only Crush and Club weapons, maybe magic, could hurt Stone'd characters. :P
If you follow the Radiant Dawn rules, Stone grants +10 DEF. 

Honestly, I wonder why anyone would ever use the A or S rank ailment staves, myself.  Putting someone out of combat entirely is much, much better than reducing their stats for a bit.  Could reshuffle it a bit to put the debuffs early and the heavy-hitters late. 

Solymr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Why don't you edit that table yourselves? :I

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile

Haven't run a game yet.  Otherwise, it might end up being one of my houserules.  Plus, there's something to be said for not fracturing the audience base.  "OK, so Stone is S-rank in this game and B-rank in that game.  I can Canto here, but not here, and over here, I can Canto only if I do a non-attack action.  But that game counts healing staves as attack actions since it's using an equipped item, while this game doesn't, so...wait, which game am I in?" :P
Pages: 1 ... 100 101 [102] 103 104 ... 300