Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Duke Knight's Momentum is up for revision? Which version of the skill would you prefer?

Current one, unchanged.
+4 AS and +5 DMG when moving 4 spaces or more.
+2 AS and +3 DMG on Player Phase, with additional +2 AS and +2 DMG when moving 4 spaces or more.
+1 AS and +1.5 DMG for each space moved up to 4 spaces.
Current one but AS bonus is converted to DR from the end of the Player Phase until the next one.
I don't know but I want to see the results.

Pages: 1 ... 111 112 [113] 114 115 ... 300

Author Topic: The Fire Emblem on Forums Hub! 10 Years of FEF!  (Read 282164 times)

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
  • Warning: May contain ham
    • View Profile

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
  • Edelgard did nothing wrong.
    • View Profile

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Spoiler: Mess O' Quotes (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: July 01, 2014, 08:37:23 pm by Xanmyral »

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile

For the record, I'm against replacing Nomad with Wyvern Rider.

It seems about as, if not more, ridiculous to me to suggest 'oh now I know how to ride dragons' as it does to say 'oh now I don't use lances anymore'.

Seriously. They just lose their lance, or they don't like using it, or they were never all that good in the first place and realize it would be pointless now. Or allow Rider Trainees to use bows from Trainee level if they're going to go Nomad. But replacing your horse with a wyvern doesn't really make much sense either.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I believe the suggestion for the replacement is coupled with the idea that the rider trainee would have to choose their mount from inception, thus they always had a pegasus, wyvern, or horse.

Normally I'd also say that wyvern's aren't dragons, but to be honest FE wyvern's aren't really wyverns either, what with the six limbs. But a setting can call anything what they wish though really, and the difference is largely arbitrarily drawn considering there isn't any real solid basis for fantasy.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2014, 08:54:53 pm by Xanmyral »

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

The only 'true' wyverns are the ones seen in FE8 with Wyvern Hunters, oddly.

And I don't think it's significantly odder to swap to wyvern from a horse than it is to go from a foot soldier to a horse/wyvern. My main sticking point is the sudden change in weapons.

Xanmy makes a point about mount changing though. We may want to do what we did with mage trainees and just give rider trainees the appropriate mount.

And as for Marked for Death: It would be against one enemy, and ending when either the designated target or the Shadow Sword dies.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile

It just seems kinda silly that the trainee that's meant to be the horseman(and going from horse to pegasus, while still strange, is not nearly so strange as horse to wyvern) only has one promotion that actually rides, y'know. A horse.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

That assumes the change is ratified, and from the sounds of it, its more of a general 'you ride something' trainee class where you choose which mount you wish (which also locks in which first class you take).

BMM: Alright, so its against one enemy. How many times can it be used? I can't help but see it always being eaten by the boss if its a single use thing.

Solymr

• Bay Watcher
  • BEEP BOP READ SOLDIERMON
    • View Profile

The class is name "Rider" trainee, not Horseman and yeah the intention was that they could choose any of the three rides and keep it without changing (like Valkyries) :V

The priest to monk is more for weapon consistency than anything really.

We had two ideas for Marked for Death: one was the shadow sword gets effective damage vs the marked target and the other was the designation for the team. I didn't think of more than one use because I didn't want them to be able to mark half the map :V
If we give them something like a turn cooldown, they should lose sneak attack tho.

The only thing I see unnecessary now is the sniping change cause I can't read.

Finally after the stat changes we'll vote on the rider trainee thing.

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I was figuring more of a 'can only have one target marked at a time, takes an action to mark' kind of thing personally. So you have to expend an action to mark/curse/whatever an enemy but you can only do so to one person, you can't take it back, and you can only do it again once either you've hit zero health or the enemy is dead. That way it becomes a bit more useful.

I'll still be sad to see sneaking go though, although I understand the dislike for terrain dependency.

CecilHoshino

• Bay Watcher
  • Guidebook Amateur
    • View Profile

Cecil, can we get a bit of explanation what exactly Trumping does with druidic magic?

Weapon Triangle Bonus/Disadvantage.

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Hm. Doesn't seem like something specializing in, based on that. It loses to everything but the target, after all.

CecilHoshino

• Bay Watcher
  • Guidebook Amateur
    • View Profile

Actually, it was that, or "Effective Against the one it beats, WTD against the ones it doesn't." I wasn't sure, though if it was too powerful an effect, so I may have jumped the gun and overnerfed the entire weapon set (apart from the S Ranked Dark Physique and Old Black Magic)

Solymr

• Bay Watcher
  • BEEP BOP READ SOLDIERMON
    • View Profile

What a coincidence, that's what I originally had in mind for clarifying :v
Now the main idea is double damage against the one it trumps and WTD or possibly half damage vs everything else.

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile

Actually, it was that, or "Effective Against the one it beats, WTD against the ones it doesn't."

That's the definition I began to use after someone made a character for that category. Yay I think like our noble creator, woo! :P
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.
Pages: 1 ... 111 112 [113] 114 115 ... 300