Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Duke Knight's Momentum is up for revision? Which version of the skill would you prefer?

Current one, unchanged.
+4 AS and +5 DMG when moving 4 spaces or more.
+2 AS and +3 DMG on Player Phase, with additional +2 AS and +2 DMG when moving 4 spaces or more.
+1 AS and +1.5 DMG for each space moved up to 4 spaces.
Current one but AS bonus is converted to DR from the end of the Player Phase until the next one.
I don't know but I want to see the results.

Pages: 1 ... 112 113 [114] 115 116 ... 300

Author Topic: The Fire Emblem on Forums Hub! 10 Years of FEF!  (Read 282029 times)

Solymr

• Bay Watcher
  • BEEP BOP READ SOLDIERMON
    • View Profile

I don't know why people think that the possibility of startinga character with 11 SPD is acceptable.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile

Because they have pretty low everything elze?
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
  • Edelgard did nothing wrong.
    • View Profile

Not really the point. A thief who puts decent progression in Speed is going to capram fairly early compared to other classes, and if they don't, they'll quickly lose the speed advantage at promotion, which is weird.

Also, Luck is used in the thief's class special, and could probably start higher.

darkpaladin109

• Bay Watcher
  • has no intention of returning here
    • View Profile

Even then, they have 4 strength and 6 skill, which you know, is decent for starting stats.

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
  • Warning: May contain ham
    • View Profile

Oh, right, I have a question for Cecil that I've been forgetting for a while: Do you know/have the weapons (Lance Pierce subcategory) that were cut off there? We were just gonna take from 1.20, but you might have what was actually intended to go there. Considering the blank pages to follow, we assumed a major typo/error happened.

EDIT: Also another question, how does Fencer's Sneaking work exactly? I noticed it was a passive effect, and the wording sort of confused me a bit. Does it eat the unit's move, four of its move, or cost nothing to activate? Does it stealth the fencer (at least until the enemy realize there's nobody on their prior pillar) or was there a different meaning meant about the last sentence?
« Last Edit: July 06, 2014, 02:21:23 pm by Xanmyral »

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Eh. I like Luck, actually, so I'll change my vote from a No to a Yes, please.

HOWEVER

I'd like to say that while I'm okay with them losing some speed for luck, I don't think they should lose skill for luck.

As well, I think that Luck should contribute to Hit Chance as much as it does to Evade, and a little bit to Crit. That should persuade people to love on it more.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Eh. I like Luck, actually, so I'll change my vote from a No to a Yes, please.

HOWEVER

I'd like to say that while I'm okay with them losing some speed for luck, I don't think they should lose skill for luck.

As well, I think that Luck should contribute to Hit Chance as much as it does to Evade, and a little bit to Crit. That should persuade people to love on it more.

I actually tried altering luck in a similar fashion for a while. It just leads to more auto-hitting, and with the changes we made to character skills, luck has a stronger role to play than previously.

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I'd suggest no to both luck contributing to hit as much as evasion, and to crit. For the same reason, really.

Both are aided by the base hit and crit of a weapon, something that Dodge and Evasion will simply never get, hit were to grow at the exact same rate as evasion, then evasion will almost always be behind due to the fact that it lacks a base while hit does not.

So you have two numbers trying to compete with each other with the same rate of growth, except one is aided by a, at the very least, fifty point base but more often in the seventies and sixties. They'd never compete.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Base Hit usually goes down as time goes on, but I see your point. (Evade isn't really meant to fully negate Hit though/anyway anyway/though(I couldn't decide order so I chose every order).)

However, I was thinking something like 1/2 of luck added to crit, mostly because it seems so weird that luck doesn't contribute to crit, considering they're, you know. Crits.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

You're right that it isn't meant to fully negate, and in fact it never really can unless you really, really work for it.

The only cases we've had auto-evasions was when it was an inaccurate weapon wielded by people with low skill (facing weapon triangle disadvantage) faced against someone with high luck and speed or the addition of really strong defensive terrain. Even then, that's just two instances.

I'm still against luck adding to critical hits simply because weapons have a basis of crit, and it isn't hard to send your crit soaring with some minor work. Sure, it makes sense in a form, but dodge has a hard enough time keeping up against crit considering it can never raise above thirty, which some weapon's base crit goes above or meets it (although that's far, far fewer in the 1.22 weapon's list).
« Last Edit: July 06, 2014, 06:50:58 pm by Xanmyral »

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I'm also against altering the crit formula. Adding even half luck to crits would go a long way to making them... Pedestrian.

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

We don't have a venerated dice god persona because they're common, after all. Its why there isn't one for hit chances.

Solymr

• Bay Watcher
  • BEEP BOP READ SOLDIERMON
    • View Profile

So with rolep's vote change the result is 8 yes to 6 no. CHANGE APPROVED.
I'll change it tomorrow cause right now I'm a little intoxicated.

CecilHoshino

• Bay Watcher
  • Guidebook Amateur
    • View Profile

Oh, right, I have a question for Cecil that I've been forgetting for a while: Do you know/have the weapons (Lance Pierce subcategory) that were cut off there? We were just gonna take from 1.20, but you might have what was actually intended to go there. Considering the blank pages to follow, we assumed a major typo/error happened.

EDIT: Also another question, how does Fencer's Sneaking work exactly? I noticed it was a passive effect, and the wording sort of confused me a bit. Does it eat the unit's move, four of its move, or cost nothing to activate? Does it stealth the fencer (at least until the enemy realize there's nobody on their prior pillar) or was there a different meaning meant about the last sentence?

Weapons - It was indeed a critical error in the PDF transfer. Fortunately, only four weapons were lost due to that error (that I know of). So here's what the missing weapons were:
NameRankRngWtMtHitCrtQlBonus
Sun Lance(A)1-1161280020Effective vs Horseback
Silver Lance(A)1-1141475020
Wind Lance(S)1-2181490015Use MAG stat. Acts as Anima and Lance
Silver GrtLance(S)1-1201675015

As for the Fencer's Sneaking ability, I apologize for the poor wording. First of all, by using 1 MOV, they can shift to another, unoccupied pillar within 4 Spaces, and then use the rest of their MOV for other purposes. If they DON'T move after Shifting, they are, indeed, Stealthed, until the enemy realizes the previously occupied pillar is now unoccupied, or if the Fencer makes an attack or moves off the pillar they sneaked onto (or if, on the enemy's turn, they stumble into the Fencer by accident, in which case their turn immediately ends much like if a player runs into an enemy in Fog of War)
« Last Edit: July 07, 2014, 05:02:22 pm by CecilHoshino »

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Cecil, is there a reason swords are so much better than basically every other category?

Or a purpose for sidearms besides niche and gimmick uses?

And is Ancient Gamble meant to work for every attack a Shaman makes?
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.
Pages: 1 ... 112 113 [114] 115 116 ... 300