Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Duke Knight's Momentum is up for revision? Which version of the skill would you prefer?

Current one, unchanged.
+4 AS and +5 DMG when moving 4 spaces or more.
+2 AS and +3 DMG on Player Phase, with additional +2 AS and +2 DMG when moving 4 spaces or more.
+1 AS and +1.5 DMG for each space moved up to 4 spaces.
Current one but AS bonus is converted to DR from the end of the Player Phase until the next one.
I don't know but I want to see the results.

Pages: 1 ... 183 184 [185] 186 187 ... 300

Author Topic: The Fire Emblem on Forums Hub! 10 Years of FEF!  (Read 281973 times)

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
Re: The Fire Emblem on Forums Hub! FEF1PDF proper beta released!
« Reply #2760 on: March 15, 2016, 03:13:58 pm »

Maybe they could ride pterodactyls?

Pterodactyls, t-rexes, velociraptors... O:!

Well, with dinosaurs straight out of the lost world, the stage is already set for ray guns and jetpacks...

Ray of healing! Ray of stasis! RAY OF DEATH :O!
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

Swordstar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2761 on: March 15, 2016, 03:19:06 pm »

Have we found fef6?

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #2762 on: March 15, 2016, 03:20:02 pm »

Have we found fef6?

FEF6 is FEF1/2 midquel. FEF7 was... Neigh Emblem.

Dinosaurs is thus FEF8 :P
SigFlags!
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
  • Edelgard did nothing wrong.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2763 on: April 12, 2016, 06:18:08 pm »

In my ongoing quest to find us an archer skill that everyone can agree is useful, thematic, and appropriate for the class level, I present to you this.

<BMM42> So I was writing fluff text and came up with yet another alternate skill for archers
<BMM42> After attacking an enemy on defensive terrain, the target loses terrain bonuses until they complete one combat.
<BMM42> Like they're flushing an animal out from bushes or something

Discuss.

Swordstar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2764 on: April 12, 2016, 06:25:55 pm »

yes

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2765 on: April 12, 2016, 06:27:17 pm »

Have we found fef6?

FEF6 is FEF1/2 midquel. FEF7 was... Neigh Emblem.

wait what

F.O.E.

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2766 on: April 12, 2016, 08:05:45 pm »

<BMM42> So I was writing fluff text and came up with yet another alternate skill for archers
<BMM42> After attacking an enemy on defensive terrain, the target loses terrain bonuses until they complete one combat.

yoi

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #2767 on: April 13, 2016, 03:42:16 am »

In my ongoing quest to find us an archer skill that everyone can agree is useful, thematic, and appropriate for the class level, I present to you this.

Discuss.

Why.
SigFlags!

Solymr

• Bay Watcher
  • BEEP BOP READ SOLDIERMON
    • View Profile
« Reply #2768 on: April 13, 2016, 07:05:51 am »

So this would be a debuff they apply? Other classes such as fighter ignore bonuses when attacking people in forests, this would be a thing other allies would benefit too?

Also while we're talking archers might as well post my sniper thing :v

A while back we did some staff specialization for the saint class where depending on which subcat they raise to S rank they get a different special, so I propose something similar. The all around special would be something like they currently have where they get offensive bonuses equal to defensive bonuses from the terrain they're on (Sniper's Nest or something) and another depending on bow subcategroy they raise to S:

-For Recurve, Putting Arc in Archery: Recurve bows have +1 range.
-For Longbow, uhh I don't remember :v
-For Crossbow, Charge Stopper: Crossbows counterattack first against mounted units.

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2769 on: April 13, 2016, 07:54:54 am »

Discuss.

Why.

It's a pretty basic hunting strategy, a lot of archers in the games are hunters before they join your army, seems to fit.

Or did you mean why discuss?

So this would be a debuff they apply? Other classes such as fighter ignore bonuses when attacking people in forests, this would be a thing other allies would benefit too?

Also while we're talking archers might as well post my sniper thing :v

A while back we did some staff specialization for the saint class where depending on which subcat they raise to S rank they get a different special, so I propose something similar. The all around special would be something like they currently have where they get offensive bonuses equal to defensive bonuses from the terrain they're on (Sniper's Nest or something) and another depending on bow subcategroy they raise to S:

-For Recurve, Putting Arc in Archery: Recurve bows have +1 range.
-For Longbow, uhh I don't remember :v
-For Crossbow, Charge Stopper: Crossbows counterattack first against mounted units.

I feel like Snipers getting +1 range and attack bonuses from hanging out on defensive terrain is pretty solid as a bonus and works just fine.

That aside, the crossbow bonus doesn't seem sensible (automatic vantage against a specific tree of units? Excuse you?) and Recurve looks even worse (Effectively makes Recurves better than Longbows)

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #2770 on: April 13, 2016, 07:57:41 am »

Discuss.

Why.

It's a pretty basic hunting strategy, a lot of archers in the games are hunters before they join your army, seems to fit.

Or did you mean why discuss?
Maybe narrow it down to specifics if you'll follow that kinda thinking :P It'll...be very hard to imagine if the context applies to 'people on the mountains/hills/forests, or especially a fortress being fired at by an archer from the plains'.

I'm thinking along the lines of 'If the archer with a bow that can hit in RNG 1 is attacked in melee--if they've a higher SPD, then they get to attack first', because many archers are proficient enough with the bow that they can nock, pull and fire very quickly (historical context).

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2771 on: April 13, 2016, 08:03:29 am »

But then that skill only applies to crossbows (or that one bow that nomads can use but they don't get that skill so whatever), effectively pigeonholing the class into crossbows if they want to get their class ability benefits.

I don't think narrowing the terrain type that it works on is sensible either, since as it stands it doesn't actually force the target out from their cover, it only denies them the benefit of that cover for a single follow up attack.

Solymr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2772 on: April 13, 2016, 08:29:42 am »

Problem with all snipers getting +1 range is people pewpewing from range 4 (see Charlotte) or having a tank able to crossbow anyone outside their counter range and being able to counterattack all but siege attacks (see Otiros).

Soldiers get a noticeable bonus against mounted units, do you see a problem with that?

And yes, pigeonholing is a thing, but same thing happens with saints, after all they're getting two specials.

Finally I have no idea what to do for longbows but it should be enough so that they're an option against recurve.

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2773 on: April 13, 2016, 08:35:15 am »

Problem with all snipers getting +1 range is people pewpewing from range 4 (see Charlotte) or having a tank able to crossbow anyone outside their counter range and being able to counterattack all but siege attacks (see Otiros).

Range 4 requires that the sniper use longbows (lower damage/accuracy for the whole tree) and we all already know the drawbacks of the crossbow tree. The main reason Charlotte looked OP was because almost everyone in FEF1 was a critmonster.

Soldiers don't effectively get a better version of a class skill against them, just a damage boost.

The difference is that saints can PICK what pigeonhole they make for themselves. Tiruin's proposal effectively forces archers to take crossbows or get no class special.

Solymr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2774 on: April 13, 2016, 08:38:22 am »

Tiruin's proposal is in no way related or endorsed by me. The sniper would pick their hole.
Pages: 1 ... 183 184 [185] 186 187 ... 300