Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Duke Knight's Momentum is up for revision? Which version of the skill would you prefer?

Current one, unchanged.
+4 AS and +5 DMG when moving 4 spaces or more.
+2 AS and +3 DMG on Player Phase, with additional +2 AS and +2 DMG when moving 4 spaces or more.
+1 AS and +1.5 DMG for each space moved up to 4 spaces.
Current one but AS bonus is converted to DR from the end of the Player Phase until the next one.
I don't know but I want to see the results.

Pages: 1 ... 184 185 [186] 187 188 ... 300

Author Topic: The Fire Emblem on Forums Hub! 10 Years of FEF!  (Read 282027 times)

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
  • Edelgard did nothing wrong.
    • View Profile
Re: The Fire Emblem on Forums Hub! FEF1PDF proper beta released!
« Reply #2775 on: April 13, 2016, 08:42:34 am »

Oh. Well the pigeonholing complaint was directly related to Tiruin's proposal, rather than yours.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #2776 on: April 13, 2016, 08:49:16 am »

._.; Being talked about in that kinda wording makes me feel...strange.

On that point, I should've specified by saying 'bow' that I did not mean crossbow, because I'm not thinking along the context of FEF terms but realistic terms. >~< (Since FEF categorizes that under 'bow' and...yeah.)

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2777 on: April 13, 2016, 08:50:32 am »

On that point, I should've specified by saying 'bow' that I did not mean crossbow, because I'm not thinking along the context of FEF terms but realistic terms. >~< (Since FEF categorizes that under 'bow' and...yeah.)

But Tiruin, aside from the nomad class weapon, only crossbows can fire at range 1.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2778 on: April 13, 2016, 08:52:53 am »

To be honest, I'm not a fan of pigeonholing class abilities, as it kind of nudges the player to only use one subcat. The saint would probably still be good enough with their transfer strength ability, in my opinion.

Something to keep in mind, though, solymr - if you give more range to recurve bows or more accuracy to longbows, what difference is left between the subcats? If you just make recurves "longbows but better" or vice versa there's even less reason to ever use the alternative.

A longbow is still going to outrange most things. That's kind of the point. There's nothing stopping you adding enemy snipers, either, if you really want to be able to counter. But there's also other methods. Enemies with pass. Flanking the group. Aforementioned siege magic.
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

Solymr

• Bay Watcher
  • BEEP BOP READ SOLDIERMON
    • View Profile
« Reply #2779 on: April 13, 2016, 08:55:40 am »

In that case, what about giving +1 range to longbows and giving recurve some crit bonus or something to make the role of each weapon clearer, longbows: outrange u, recurve: kill u.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2780 on: April 13, 2016, 08:55:44 am »

But Tiruin, aside from the nomad class weapon, only crossbows can fire at range 1.
Aren't Recurve bows designed to have RNG of 1-2, and are a category (just like crossbows) in itself? o_O
...I didn't think about the RNG 2/2-3 bows though :-X But I'm feeling like it should be aligned with the mechanics of the archer class tree itself, or at least highlight something on your goal there.
In my ongoing quest to find us an archer skill that everyone can agree is useful, thematic, and appropriate for the class level
If you mean 'upon reaching Archer' (and not Trainee/its 3rd class), other than being the only unit able to use ballistae and have an effective vs flyers, I'm thinking something along...
+ to damage if an archer's STR is higher than opponents DEF? o_O Going to hurt mages and other low DEF classes but I'm unsure now x_x It feels balanced as it is (in my inexperienced opinion).

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2781 on: April 13, 2016, 08:56:34 am »

Aren't Recurve bows designed to have RNG of 1-2, and are a category (just like crossbows) in itself? o_O
...I didn't think about the RNG 2/2-3 bows though :-X But I'm feeling like it should be aligned with the mechanics of the archer class tree itself, or at least highlight something on your goal there.

Crossbows are 1-2
Recurves are 2
Longbows are 2-3

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2782 on: April 13, 2016, 09:04:25 am »

In my ongoing quest to find us an archer skill that everyone can agree is useful, thematic, and appropriate for the class level
If you mean 'upon reaching Archer' (and not Trainee/its 3rd class), other than being the only unit able to use ballistae and have an effective vs flyers, I'm thinking something along...
+ to damage if an archer's STR is higher than opponents DEF? o_O Going to hurt mages and other low DEF classes but I'm unsure now x_x It feels balanced as it is (in my inexperienced opinion).

Archers are not even close to being the only unit to be effective vs fliers. Nomads, Bow Spies and anyone with a wind tome can boast the same.

The problem with touting Ballistae exclusivity for the Archer is that we almost never see ballistae available for use by PCs.

I'm going to try some things to rectify that in VRFEF, but we'll see how that works.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2783 on: April 13, 2016, 09:05:49 am »

Crossbows are 1-2
Recurves are 2
Longbows are 2-3
Oh. :-X

...Can we have a poll on the general idea towards archers like the polls before? :v I'm going for emphasis for Archers using bows (as in they get a unique skill that affects bow categories they use, so that while any other class can use those categories--archers can do it...better?)

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2784 on: April 13, 2016, 12:10:27 pm »

Something to keep in mind, though, solymr - if you give more range to recurve bows or more accuracy to longbows, what difference is left between the subcats? If you just make recurves "longbows but better" or vice versa there's even less reason to ever use the alternative.

Echoing this. Class abilities are more fun if they enhance strengths (Charlotte) rather than mitigate weaknesses (Efa).

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #2785 on: April 13, 2016, 12:51:25 pm »

My idea on this:

(16:18:13) Hatkitty: it was 'enemies of the Archer gain maximum of 5 Evasion bonus from all terrain.'

And obligatory mention of my FEF things:

(16:20:36) Hatkitty: Solymr: my snipers had +1 max.range in FEF1; guaranteed 85% hit in FEF2 to 5.
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2786 on: April 13, 2016, 02:01:51 pm »

Archers do have ballistician, though that's a very situational thing. It'd be improved if there were just more ballistae around, I guess?

They could have something like:
Lucky arrow: Once per map, can choose to autohit

Archers are already pretty good, with potentially being able to attack 1, 2, or 3 range and effective damage vs fliers. They don't necessarily need a massively potent class skill.

Solymr

• Bay Watcher
  • BEEP BOP READ SOLDIERMON
    • View Profile
« Reply #2787 on: April 13, 2016, 02:03:47 pm »

In that case, what about giving +1 range to longbows and giving recurve some crit bonus or something to make the role of each weapon clearer, longbows: outrange u, recurve: kill u.

Alternatively, IIRC Sure Shot in FE8 was a separate roll, like great shield, that ensured a hit and only depended on the sniper.

Also any bow user is able to do what archers do but with something else. Nomads have improved canto, spies have different stuff depending on the GM :V

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #2788 on: April 23, 2016, 07:23:01 pm »

Wrong thread.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #2789 on: April 25, 2016, 04:38:05 am »

kj1225:

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/article_history.php?article=Characters.FireEmblemOnForums

You will reverse the vandalisms you have done to the Characters page of FEFtropes, or we will be talking wholly lot differently.

Thank you.
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.
Pages: 1 ... 184 185 [186] 187 188 ... 300