Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Duke Knight's Momentum is up for revision? Which version of the skill would you prefer?

Current one, unchanged.
+4 AS and +5 DMG when moving 4 spaces or more.
+2 AS and +3 DMG on Player Phase, with additional +2 AS and +2 DMG when moving 4 spaces or more.
+1 AS and +1.5 DMG for each space moved up to 4 spaces.
Current one but AS bonus is converted to DR from the end of the Player Phase until the next one.
I don't know but I want to see the results.

Pages: 1 ... 219 220 [221] 222 223 ... 300

Author Topic: The Fire Emblem on Forums Hub! 10 Years of FEF!  (Read 280444 times)

UXLZ

• Bay Watcher
  • God Eater
    • View Profile
Re: The Fire Emblem on Forums Hub! FEF2 HAS FINISHED!
« Reply #3300 on: October 07, 2016, 08:09:11 am »

Anyway, here's the beta version of a map for my campaign. Improvements?
I haven't played in any FEF yet, but I feel like that huge north-west room should have way less open terrain in it. It also looks like thieves will be kept out of the action for the whole chapter because the chests are a bit too far apart, unless they get some help breaking the walls from other players, and by the time they're done, they probably won't be able to catch up to the main group. Aside from that, it looks pretty good IMO.

That's a fair point. I may try to move a few chests closer to the boss room.
Ahhh~ She looked into your eyes,
And saw what laid beneath,
Don't try to save yourself,
The circle is complete.

Solymr

• Bay Watcher
  • BEEP BOP READ SOLDIERMON
    • View Profile
« Reply #3301 on: October 07, 2016, 08:16:17 am »

On an old note, it has been noted that Imbue Arrow is still useless, and the easy fix of making Imbue Arrow give free Ignis Character Skill to the Battle Mage has been suggested.

Opinions?

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #3302 on: October 07, 2016, 08:18:20 am »

On an old note, it has been noted that Imbue Arrow is still useless, and the easy fix of making Imbue Arrow give free Ignis Character Skill to the Battle Mage has been suggested.

Opinions?

EDIT: Is now in FEF6.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2016, 08:25:31 am by Haspen »
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

Swordstar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3303 on: October 07, 2016, 08:31:38 am »

Opinions?

Seems legit!

Also uxie, dunno if you're planning on adding more enemies to that or not but right now it's pretty sparse enemy wise which leads to lots of turns of just moving which tends to make people unhappy. For a big big map like that it might be better to make lots of low level enemies vs fewer harder enemies (See also the mistake I made last time in my game)

UXLZ

• Bay Watcher
  • God Eater
    • View Profile
« Reply #3304 on: October 07, 2016, 09:45:40 am »

Opinions?

Seems legit!

Also uxie, dunno if you're planning on adding more enemies to that or not but right now it's pretty sparse enemy wise which leads to lots of turns of just moving which tends to make people unhappy. For a big big map like that it might be better to make lots of low level enemies vs fewer harder enemies (See also the mistake I made last time in my game)

Hm, I tried adding a bunch more enemies. There are also supposed to be a few reinforcements.
Then again, since the party will probably be starting out with basically... Everyone, due to circumstances, it's probably best to have a huuuge number of enemies. As long as I don't overtune their stats it should be fine.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2016, 09:47:27 am by UXLZ »
The circle is complete.

UXLZ

• Bay Watcher
  • God Eater
    • View Profile
« Reply #3305 on: October 07, 2016, 10:07:47 am »

Oh, right, I'll actually post the map.

That look better? (Two horses at top of stairs are reinforcements.)
The circle is complete.

Swordstar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3306 on: October 07, 2016, 10:10:09 am »

Seems pretty legit though impossible to tell for sure without stats ofc

UXLZ

• Bay Watcher
  • God Eater
    • View Profile
« Reply #3307 on: October 07, 2016, 10:18:43 am »

Everyone will be joining at the start of the prologue so it'll be the entire party. What sort of stats and XP should I give them? The goal is to have the party hit level 5 (or get close to it in which case I'll do in-battle promotion) with this one encounter.
The circle is complete.

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #3308 on: October 07, 2016, 11:45:52 am »

http://pastebin.com/uPCaLBB0 this is what i have for fates classes rn. I was thinking of putting Amaterasu on Valkyries and giving Kinshi Knights Triangle Attack as swordstar (?) suggested once. Haspen also suggested changing Amaterasu to healing all adjacent allies based on the rank of the equipped staff ([09:56] (@ElPresidentekitty) make it rank x2 then: E = 1, D = 2, C = 3, B = 4, A = 5, S = 8.) Also considering changing Trample to Savage Blow: Deal 20% of your attacking stat to the target and adjacent enemies after combat resolves. This cannot reduce HP below 1. (I also need to give Malig Knights Lances instead, whoops.)
« Last Edit: October 07, 2016, 12:23:19 pm by KingMurdoc »
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

Swordstar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3309 on: October 07, 2016, 12:05:25 pm »

I'm still not a fan of promoting from three classes or savage blow but beyond that seems legit

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3310 on: October 07, 2016, 12:15:00 pm »

I still feel that Oni Chieftan needs more than just Critical Eye. I mean, Swordmaster (usually) gets +15 Critical as their special ability. Only +5 Crit just doesn't compare, you know? You could probably resolve the triple promotions by including First Classes or something. Shouldn't be too difficult to include, and it'd make them merge better with the existing structure.

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #3311 on: October 07, 2016, 12:22:33 pm »

I think people usually nerf/nix the swordmaster thing, don't they? Alternatively, I could also give them Death Blow, which is +crit only when initiating combat.

As for triple promotes, I thought about doing a bit of reshuffling to make it work. The issue with first classes is there really aren't any worth adding due to most "new" classes being slightly different versions of existing ones in order to balance out the routes.

EDIT: That or trying to add a third First Class option for every promote, which would, uh. Not be super practical.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2016, 12:24:24 pm by KingMurdoc »
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

Swordstar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3312 on: October 07, 2016, 12:30:22 pm »

I would say just leave it at two promotes.

Also don't think anyone nixes that SM ability. +20 when attacking might work

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3313 on: October 07, 2016, 12:35:45 pm »

A quick check of games indicates that most people trash the other Swordmaster ability. The one that grants them 90 Hit minimum. So yeah. They need something better than just Critical Eye to compete. +20 Crit while attacking is perhaps a bit underwhelming given how it only works half~ of the time but it's definitely an improvement.

As for First Classes, I don't see why you can't add new ones. If you can think of interesting Promoted Classes that are different from the existing ones, then I don't see why you can't do so for First Classes as well. Alternatively you can just shuffle promotions around. Some Promoted Classes could be changed so that they only promote from one class instead of two, allowing you to slot your new classes in. For example, Bandit promotes to Oni Chieftain instead of Berserker, Soldier to Basara instead of General, and Thief to Butler/Maid instead of Bounty Hunter (Or you could make Thief promote to Assassin instead of Spy and have Spy promote to Butler/Maid instead but eh). Mind you, that still leaves Kinshi/Malig Knight hanging in the balance so... Yeah. Not a perfect solution but I think it's a better one than triple promotes.

F.O.E.

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3314 on: October 07, 2016, 03:56:39 pm »

For example, Bandit promotes to Oni Chieftain instead of Berserker

I'd suggest mountain warrior there since Berserker is an actually desired class :v
Pages: 1 ... 219 220 [221] 222 223 ... 300