Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Duke Knight's Momentum is up for revision? Which version of the skill would you prefer?

Current one, unchanged.
+4 AS and +5 DMG when moving 4 spaces or more.
+2 AS and +3 DMG on Player Phase, with additional +2 AS and +2 DMG when moving 4 spaces or more.
+1 AS and +1.5 DMG for each space moved up to 4 spaces.
Current one but AS bonus is converted to DR from the end of the Player Phase until the next one.
I don't know but I want to see the results.

Pages: 1 ... 239 240 [241] 242 243 ... 300

Author Topic: The Fire Emblem on Forums Hub! 10 Years of FEF!  (Read 282014 times)

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
Re: The Fire Emblem on Forums Hub! FEF2 HAS FINISHED!
« Reply #3600 on: March 31, 2017, 02:05:59 am »

Having grokked that handbook more than I would have liked to (speaking of the FEF calculator, I haven't touched it in a month or two, apologies) I can say that more than just mechanics could use improvement.

My main complaint is formatting. A lot of key information is crunched into descriptive paragraphs, which is all fine and good when you're a beginner, but as a reference book it's difficult to use efficiently in the electronic format. If I wanted to print the whole thing it would be 100 pages so I made my own version of the pdf that has all the summary pages on them, which is where all the key information is when it comes to running battles, some of which is found nowhere else in the book or is easy to accidentally skim over.

Yeah, if I make a 1.4 like discussed before I'm trimming out all the fat.
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #3601 on: March 31, 2017, 04:27:32 am »

You might as well. I barely skimmed the fluff, and let's be honest. This doesn't have to be a pretty handbook; it's not going to be sold commercially or anything.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3602 on: March 31, 2017, 06:06:29 am »

Posting to watch.

FEF interests me, havent played any, figure this thread will point me where I want to be pointed.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3603 on: March 31, 2017, 07:04:49 am »

That's going to be either Haspen's CastleFEF (which is technically always recruiting) or a new one starting up in the future. Best of luck!
Black lives matter.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #3604 on: March 31, 2017, 07:28:19 am »

Hi Lenglon. It's been some time. You could always try getting into Praefectus Screptum's FEF; I'd recommend PMing him first and seeing if he'll open a slot.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #3605 on: March 31, 2017, 08:49:12 am »

Gun, you can't just say that and then not link it. I'm sure I'm not the only one who'd like a look. :P
All I did was delete pages I didn't want using PDF Architect. Here's the version I used for developing the FEF calculator: https://www.dropbox.com/s/vjde1uif4lbw9on/Players%20Handbook%20v1.3%20edited.pdf?dl=0

If you really want to dissect that manual and your budget allows for it (or you get free printing from somewhere), I'd recommend deleting all of the pictures and printing out the entire manual.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2017, 08:50:47 am by GUNINANRUNIN »

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
  • Edelgard did nothing wrong.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3606 on: March 31, 2017, 09:11:41 am »

So lets discuss the problems with the Con/Aid system. As of right now, Con does two things. First, it determines who you can rescue, something that is affected by mounts, and preventing slowdown from weapon weight, which is not affected by mounts.

Aid has only one use: Determining if you can rescue a unit based on another player's con. However, since Aid is just a unit's con -1, and the rescue capability of a unit is any target with a con equal to or less than your aid, you can determine this ny instead asking: Is my con higher than the rescue targets? If yes, rescue.

I think this issue was floated in the past and was never fully addressed, but I suggest we simplify the system to CON and SIZ. Con only affects your attack speed, SIZ is your CON plus any bonus from a mount, and only determines rescuing. If you have a larger SIZ, you can rescue. If your SIZ is equal or less, you can't. Never again will we need to explain that a horse does not mitigate weapon weight penalties.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3607 on: March 31, 2017, 09:51:02 am »

Sounds fine to me.

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3608 on: March 31, 2017, 10:31:37 am »

I mean, wouldn't you be able to carry someone about your size alright?
Black lives matter.

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3609 on: March 31, 2017, 10:34:35 am »

Maybe, but I'm proposing more sensible bookkeeping rathsr than actual mechanical change.

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #3610 on: March 31, 2017, 12:07:47 pm »

It's rather counter to the main idea of simplifying the issue, but maybe a possible way to maintain the idea behind the stat penalties while still doing some of the tuneups brought up by Blade could be giving a small numerical range where someone with a smaller CON could still rescue someone larger, but then that's when you have the penalties applied since they're essentially struggling to drag the person behind them. Or perhaps the other way around where they're applied if your CON/SIZ only has a very small increase over the CON/AID of the unit being rescued.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2017, 12:11:38 pm by Furtuka »
It's FEF, not FEOF

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3611 on: March 31, 2017, 12:34:26 pm »

I might see myself endorsing the old penalty on rescuing a unit with the same SIZ, but a sliding scale would be too fiddly I think.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3612 on: March 31, 2017, 01:20:48 pm »

It's rather counter to the main idea of simplifying the issue, but maybe a possible way to maintain the idea behind the stat penalties while still doing some of the tuneups brought up by Blade could be giving a small numerical range where someone with a smaller CON could still rescue someone larger, but then that's when you have the penalties applied since they're essentially struggling to drag the person behind them. Or perhaps the other way around where they're applied if your CON/SIZ only has a very small increase over the CON/AID of the unit being rescued.
If there has to be a penalty for going over your siz it could be the difference is subtracted from your speed.

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3613 on: March 31, 2017, 01:50:33 pm »

And skill probably. But then we can have Generals pick up a cavalier and trot down the battlefield.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3614 on: March 31, 2017, 02:51:38 pm »

Perhaps any unit that is rescued is automatically dismounted.
Pages: 1 ... 239 240 [241] 242 243 ... 300