Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Duke Knight's Momentum is up for revision? Which version of the skill would you prefer?

Current one, unchanged.
+4 AS and +5 DMG when moving 4 spaces or more.
+2 AS and +3 DMG on Player Phase, with additional +2 AS and +2 DMG when moving 4 spaces or more.
+1 AS and +1.5 DMG for each space moved up to 4 spaces.
Current one but AS bonus is converted to DR from the end of the Player Phase until the next one.
I don't know but I want to see the results.

Pages: 1 ... 281 282 [283] 284 285 ... 300

Author Topic: The Fire Emblem on Forums Hub! 10 Years of FEF!  (Read 282003 times)

Solymr

• Bay Watcher
  • BEEP BOP READ SOLDIERMON
    • View Profile
Re: The Fire Emblem on Forums Hub! Looking For Beginner Players!
« Reply #4230 on: June 28, 2018, 07:55:27 am »

Well, let's put it to a vote then :V

Solymr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4231 on: June 28, 2018, 03:33:26 pm »

My rules win v:

Now it's time for the Great Weaponing! The general weapon rework is here and the first issue is if Staff and Performance items should or should not have Weight. They aren't weapons per se but they aren't items either, so their WT would factor in differently.

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4232 on: June 28, 2018, 04:04:01 pm »

They should, because that’s how you derive AS?
Black lives matter.

Solymr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4233 on: June 28, 2018, 04:18:44 pm »

You don't really equip them, seeing as how most games have you autoequip an actual weapon to counter.

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile
« Reply #4234 on: June 28, 2018, 08:11:41 pm »

Most games, but I was under the impression that it's simply a prevalent houserule unless something changed while I wasn't looking since the last Salt dump.  It makes sense to keep it for players who intend to keep conventional FE rules for staves, or for that matter, use Thracia rules to torture the players to be unique.

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
  • Edelgard did nothing wrong.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4235 on: June 28, 2018, 09:20:29 pm »

Most games, but I was under the impression that it's simply a prevalent houserule unless something changed while I wasn't looking since the last Salt dump.  It makes sense to keep it for players who intend to keep conventional FE rules for staves, or for that matter, use Thracia rules to torture the players to be unique.

Well, when you say 'conventional FE rules' I'm pretty sure that only applies to a handful of the games. In fact, most instances treat staves as more of a skill dependent usable item than a weapon. I didn't play Thracia but I am under the impression that it and RD were the only ones to actually do this.

Of course, sometimes prevalent houserules get adopted in later editions of games. I believe that's how the 'at death's door' mechanic in D&D got its start.

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile
« Reply #4236 on: June 28, 2018, 10:52:41 pm »

Oh, I didn't know most games auto-equipped weapons when using staves to counter. I could have sworn the GBA games at least...ah, well, perhaps it's been too long since I played those games.

GM_3826

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4237 on: June 29, 2018, 07:33:30 am »

It's more like you can't equip staves, but can equip weapons. So you use a Heal staff on an ally, but as you don't have the Heal staff equipped, and have a Lightning tome equipped, you use the Lightning tome to counterattack after someone attacks you.
Quote from: Albert Einstein
Everyone is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.

Quote from: Albert Einstein, as well
Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4238 on: June 30, 2018, 07:40:24 pm »

If this is the case, pure staff users and pure performance users have an advantage because their AS is going to be crazy high compared to anyone actually using a weapon.
Black lives matter.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4239 on: June 30, 2018, 07:45:03 pm »

That's not exactly a bad thing. They can't attack, so they need the advantages.

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4240 on: June 30, 2018, 07:46:49 pm »

Their advantage is that they are able to use Staves and Performances, respectively. Having double your speed in AS literally at all times because you cannot equip anything with a WT stat is just dumb.
Black lives matter.

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4241 on: June 30, 2018, 07:49:29 pm »

That's not exactly a bad thing. They can't attack, so they need the advantages.

Pure performance or Pure Staff classes have enough going on that they don't need to nerf armed performance or staff classes to be worth having, as we've seen demonstrated in various games (with staves at least, since there was only ever one game that included two performers to my knowledge and neither of them got offensive capability until late game).

Having double your speed in AS literally at all times because you cannot equip anything with a WT stat is just dumb.

I don't think that is possible for literally any build. I feel like even a Resolve Samurai with max HP and no SPD procs wouldn't be able to wind up with double their base AS. I need you to explain how you got there.

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4242 on: June 30, 2018, 07:58:16 pm »

I conflated AS’ calculation with Evasion’s and somehow thought the former was SPD x2, so my bad.

But this still makes high SPD healers better than most other classes with high SPD, because the former doesn’t have to contend with WT affecting their AS.
Black lives matter.

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4243 on: June 30, 2018, 08:01:35 pm »

I conflated AS’ calculation with Evasion’s and somehow thought the former was SPD x2, so my bad.

But this still makes high SPD healers better than most other classes with high SPD, because the former doesn’t have to contend with WT affecting their AS.

Not that most units choose to equip weapons that result in AS loss in the first place, but yeah, I'm not in support of Staff or Performances having weight for a reason.

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4244 on: June 30, 2018, 08:08:12 pm »

...And that reason is exactly what I just said, I assume?

dandy
Black lives matter.
Pages: 1 ... 281 282 [283] 284 285 ... 300