Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 69 70 [71] 72 73 ... 105

Author Topic: Monster Girls OOC Thread: MONSTER GIRL SHENANIGANS  (Read 98805 times)

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
Re: Monster Girls OOC Thread: MONSTER GIRL SHENANIGANS
« Reply #1050 on: June 27, 2014, 12:19:23 am »

So hey guess what sorry Nomad.

That just happened.

Dun' worry it ain't gonna be a 'kill yourself' or anything like that, and she gets 3 chances to break free(as in, try to kill the Queen, and if she fucks up all 3, she's bound forever until she's released by the Queen; at that point, killing her will kill Tia too~), it's mostly a sleeper thing that will allow me to use it later.

EDIT: and in case you were wondering, that's kindof an OH, SHIT moment for Tia. :p
« Last Edit: June 27, 2014, 12:23:09 am by Rolepgeek »
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

PrivateNomad

• Bay Watcher
  • Certified Time Traveler
    • View Profile
« Reply #1051 on: June 27, 2014, 12:25:15 am »

Ohhh boy, this is what happens when I let players run plots without telling me..

It's cool, Tia's totally got a counter plan.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #1052 on: June 27, 2014, 12:28:57 am »

I'm thinking more the sylphs of Miaka's kingdom broke off a LONG time ago (think thousands of years) and fought a short war between them and the Court before the Sylphs of Teppelin agreed to stay out of Fae business- which is why they broke off to get out of the decadent court nonsense- if the Autumn Court left them alone.

Which neatly explains why the Queen isn't looking for Miaka apart from her being of the Autumn Court- technically, Teppelin doesn't count as part of the Courts as they broke off after getting tired of all the decadence and murder and intrigue, and the whole 'we stay out of your business if you stay out of ours' vow.

Hrrrnnnnnggg I dunno. The idea is that these four monarchs rule (basically) all of Faerie. A few guys get exceptions, and they're typically handed down from Oberon/Titania/Medb themselves(example: the Cait Sidhe, because the Court of Cats does things differently). I mean, it's technically possible, but in my mind, it's kinda like if Maine decided it didn't want to be part of the USA anymore and became it's own country, while the rest of the US stayed intact.

Oh, important thing to note: Oberon/Titania/Medb are kinda like the gods of Faerie. They retreated far away into the recesses of Faerie a long time ago, but they make the Firstborn(their kids from which all races in Faerie in turn descend from) and the Monarchs(who get their thrones only occasionally by heritage) look like weaklings. They don't have stats, because If You Stat It, They Will Kill It, and you just can't do that with them. Not that they'll come out to play in the next ever. But why this matters: One of the biggest rules they set when they left was: Thou Shalt Not Kill. It doesn't apply to non-Fae, it doesn't apply to changelings, it doesn't apply in certain circumstances among certain races of Fae(example once more: Cait Sidhe are allowed to kill each other; that's how they decide their monarchs), but when it does apply, it makes a big deal. Which is why most stories are about people falling asleep for a very long time, or indirect means of killing people.

Don't think this means you're safe, though. Murcheadh can still tear you limb from limb as long as you don't die from it. Plus, ignoring it doesn't screw you over automatically. It's just that it's kindof a sacrosanct law that has pretty harsh consequences that will hit you magically.

Oh boy, itll be fun when Murrah finds out Tia [REDACTED] Kyle.
Honestly? He won't really care. He might find it hilarious when he imagines Tia's mother's reaction(most, and I stress most, not all, fae look down on non-fae, and mortals in particular. Like, a lot. Changelings are typically tossed out to the streets and left to live or die on their own)
But whaaaaai
It gives best hand wave as to why nobody talked to Miaka
And I've literally planned this for a while now

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #1053 on: June 27, 2014, 12:39:51 am »

Do people who are from universes where it's hard to find a true name and have gone where the dead go have a really hard time having others find their true names?

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1054 on: June 27, 2014, 12:40:32 am »

Ohhh boy, this is what happens when I let players run plots without telling me..

It's cool, Tia's totally got a counter plan.

:P By the way, those cannot be gone against. It's not like a 'pain if you don't', it's that you are physically(and in some cases mentally) incapable of disobeying.

Also, no-one can help you during the 3 chances you're given. Not how Faerie works.

But like I said, dun' worry your character isn't dead or anything. I wanted to surprise you as much as Tia, so I'm glad that worked. I mostly wanted to be able to wrap this up tonight before I have to go to bed, which is part of why it was rather sudden, but I had the idea of her turning Tia into a sleeper agent for a few days now.

@Elf: I'm not saying it can't be true, it's just implausible. Which means it probably is true, because there always manages to be that. Plus, maybe they just kissed Titania's ass for a long time or whatever to get her to allow it or something.

And I have the doubts you had it planned for a while now since you were asking if Sylphs were fae, and the Fae courts in-game only really got started once I introduced Murcheadh. >.>

EDIT: @Kj: if you're not Fae, you don't usually have to worry about it anyway. And if you can overpower your binder, you don't have to worry about it anyway. But also, yes, if he's from a different universe people will have difficult Naming him.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2014, 12:42:31 am by Rolepgeek »
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1055 on: June 27, 2014, 12:41:54 am »

Do people who are from universes where it's hard to find a true name and have gone where the dead go have a really hard time having others find their true names?

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1056 on: June 27, 2014, 12:42:49 am »

I made an edit.

EDIT: Also, I'm trying to figure out how to reconcile lore, since Dullahan are a type of Fae(I think), and a type of undead, and those seem to be two different races in this world. Which makes me ponder how to reconcile the lore concerning that.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2014, 12:44:40 am by Rolepgeek »
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1057 on: June 27, 2014, 12:43:47 am »

Perfect~

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1058 on: June 27, 2014, 12:44:30 am »

The lore that they broke off from the larger community of fairies was already planned for a while, the whole Fae Court thing just complicated it and I just had to ask if they were considered part of the Courts first.

Eh, since you made it 'only' improbable and knowing where exactly Teppelin came from.....

Yep, their breakaway completely from the Courts of Faerie is canon now.

Also, what happens if A) Nobody knows your True Name and B) you don't have one?
« Last Edit: June 27, 2014, 12:46:18 am by IamanElfCollaborator »

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1059 on: June 27, 2014, 12:46:03 am »

Yep, their breakaway completely from the Courts of Faerie is canon now.
FTFY

They can't break off every single tie. They aren't bound to shit, that's for sure, but even the Cait Sidhe are still part of the Courts. Teppelin is just it's own 'major' Court, in all likelihood. They're still part of Faerie, after all.

As to answer your question:
A) Good job!
B) You don't exist/you have less sentience than an inanimate object.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1060 on: June 27, 2014, 12:50:15 am »

Eh. Still. Ain't having my kingdom of Sylphs intervene unless by some stupid reason they hurt Miaka.

Mainly because I'm still working out just WHAT would happen if that did. Would the wind stop blowing or something? *shrug*

Sanure

• Bay Watcher
  • [CREATURE:DRONE][PREFSTRING:MADNESS][ETHICS:NOPE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1061 on: June 27, 2014, 12:51:18 am »

Dullahan are to be considered Fae, but most Fae do not realize that true names do not work on them since being undead kinda negates the power. Whenever a Lord Dullahan comes into existence, Various courts of Fae will attempt to gain favor with them so that they will join their courts. Altrius is to be considered very very lucky since Soarla, the New Lord Dullahan, serves him already. This will not, and should not stop various Fae courts from trying to- court- her~
Quote from: Discord
Suika, Drinker of Sake - Today at 9:11 PM
"...I really don't know why Cu chulainn made that last promise because he is physically incapable of keeping it in his pants, it is like his junk is some kind of unruly seamonster or moray eel telescoping out of its holster and harpooning ladies left and right"
Johnny Jokotaru sent Kars down under

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1062 on: June 27, 2014, 12:59:31 am »

Dullahan are to be considered Fae, but most Fae do not realize that true names do not work on them since being undead kinda negates the power. Whenever a Lord Dullahan comes into existence, Various courts of Fae will attempt to gain favor with them so that they will join their courts. Altrius is to be considered very very lucky since Soarla, the New Lord Dullahan, serves him already. This will not, and should not stop various Fae courts from trying to- court- her~
No, see, my problem came up when you talked about their origin story. All fae are descended from either Oberon, Titania, or Medb(or some mix of the three). Period. But Dullahan aren't, apparently, which creates an issue.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Sanure

• Bay Watcher
  • [CREATURE:DRONE][PREFSTRING:MADNESS][ETHICS:NOPE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1063 on: June 27, 2014, 01:01:11 am »

The first Dullahan was a half elf. Elves themselves are fae, if I remember correctly, which makes the first Dullahan, and subsequent dullahan into fae.
Quote from: Discord
Suika, Drinker of Sake - Today at 9:11 PM
"...I really don't know why Cu chulainn made that last promise because he is physically incapable of keeping it in his pants, it is like his junk is some kind of unruly seamonster or moray eel telescoping out of its holster and harpooning ladies left and right"
Johnny Jokotaru sent Kars down under

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1064 on: June 27, 2014, 01:02:35 am »

Actually, the half-elf thing WOULD explain why the dullahan can kill; they aren't completely Fae anyway.
Pages: 1 ... 69 70 [71] 72 73 ... 105