Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 ... 153

Author Topic: ER: Dead Man Running: Episode 4: Get in here and vote on some Murder.  (Read 291418 times)

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
Re: ER: Dead Man Running: Episode 1: Blood and Guts
« Reply #510 on: April 21, 2014, 12:55:17 am »

head to stadium, get moneys, perform evil grin and rub hands in anticipation of divinely assisted violence.
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

Kriellya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #511 on: April 21, 2014, 01:44:03 am »

((What? It adds a whole new gallery of flavors to it.))

(( That is a completely accurate description of what it does. 'Preserve' is not :P ))

smurfingtonthethird

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #512 on: April 21, 2014, 03:39:26 am »

Go to the spaceport!

((Your railroad plot can't hold me forever!))
RIP Moot ;-;7 Sigtext!

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #513 on: April 21, 2014, 03:41:16 am »

"No! Let go of me!"

>Struggle free of the unseen forces propelling me towards the stadium, sprint back to the store and get milk!
And cereal! I can't let my kid sisters go without breakfast, damnit!
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

darkpaladin109

• Bay Watcher
  • has no intention of returning here
    • View Profile
« Reply #514 on: April 21, 2014, 07:19:54 am »

Go to a random stadium stadium and get DD.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #515 on: April 21, 2014, 07:34:25 am »

((What? It adds a whole new gallery of flavors to it.))
Ewww, dude, that's just gross.

The flavors will clash. Brine it or something. Then use that milk for a creamy cheese sauce. Serve with a warm, hearty vegetable.

Yes, I can see it! A whole new culinary world will open for the daring chef!

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #516 on: April 21, 2014, 07:43:08 am »

Chef "I don't know how to work a carving knife!"

BLOOD HAND IS READY TO RUMBLE
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #517 on: April 21, 2014, 07:46:19 am »

quickly head over to the stadium and take up my usual seat in the audience. recieve new influx of DD!

Alarith

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #518 on: April 21, 2014, 07:48:50 am »

After a satisfying experiment session, Fredrick Heads to the stadium and collects money.

Spoiler: character (click to show/hide)
That's why you should always wear a seatbelt kids! You never know when a telekinetic assassin is going to cause your car to crash! Safety first!

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #519 on: April 21, 2014, 07:53:06 am »

Back to the stadium! Collect DD if applicable. Put 2 of my DD on Cromwell Jackson kicking the bucket this very episode! Put 2 more on Magarth doing the same!

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #520 on: April 21, 2014, 08:18:31 am »

Get DD.
Bet 1 DD on Xen being eliminated.
Bet 1 DD on Cromwell being eliminated.

EDIT: Oh, can we do multiple bets (not sure what's the English term for that)? For example, bet 1DD on one player winning AND another one loosing at the same game and we only collect if both of these things happen but if both of these things happen, we get a greatly multiplied payout. Not the best betting strategy but it could give you lots of DD if you're lucky.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2014, 09:42:22 am by Parisbre56 »

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
Re: ER: Dead Man Running: Some Info (Accuracy may vary)
« Reply #522 on: April 21, 2014, 09:34:18 am »

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #523 on: April 21, 2014, 11:04:11 am »

To the stadium! DD dollars get?

Also, could I bet 1 DD on Red team winning, and 1 DD on blue team winning? (with a *3 payout, betting the same amount of DD on either team will ensure a net gain of at least once the bet on a single team (3X payout, 1X bet on each team, 3X - 2*(1X) = 1X). Are we allowed to do this? Seems like gaming the system.

I'm gonna go with no. Otherwise yeah, strategic betting on various things could give you money regardless.  In a perfect world, I would run the numbers for every episode and give different payouts for each bet (chances of survival lower if the player is injured, increasing payouts if they actually survive. etc). But I doubt my knowledge of statistics is good enough to do that without massive errors.

9dd.

Attempt to poison the remains of my food and feed it to the contestants before the game starts.
Since I doubt they're gonna eat it, we'll just move on.

Trade a massive amount of "pointed curving mind leaves" with a scalper for a ticket, get DD, get to seat.
Wasted Bastard. On a dose of red-orange fluids from a can that was probably made from lead and magnesium, he's possessive. His family heritage was showing through as he chose a seat, and then kicked up a cloud of whatever he's covered in. The seat was HIS, is his, and the ones around it are his too. Anyone venture too close, and they'd be twitching on the ground with pupils as wide as the moon.
His own pupils were invisibly small at the moment, focused on the thing that mattered: the door from which bleedy blue guy would emerge. Bleedy blue guy was his, his man. He would be the key to winning.
10 DD
Lucky.

head to stadium, get moneys, perform evil grin and rub hands in anticipation of divinely assisted violence.
9 DD

Maybe that prayer worked after all.

Maybe Random.org just wants to flood the market with  DD

Go to the spaceport!

((Your railroad plot can't hold me forever!))
Thing is you're not really even in the plot. Not that there really is a plot.  You're just an audience member. You don' even have stats. I don't really want the audience running off and doing stuff that would detract from the premise of the game or the focus on the show. Thats more what ER is for, and more what it's balanced for. Here, you're probably just get killed and that will be it. And if you keep trying to do the same thing you'll just keep getting killed.

"No! Let go of me!"

>Struggle free of the unseen forces propelling me towards the stadium, sprint back to the store and get milk!
And cereal! I can't let my kid sisters go without breakfast, damnit!
Well fine, you buy food for the unseen child forces.

Go to a random stadium stadium and get DD.
7 dd

quickly head over to the stadium and take up my usual seat in the audience. recieve new influx of DD!
9dd Jesus. Everyone is getting rich today.

Did you ever get your payout for Kri surviving the game? I don't think so. It was 3 dd. so 12 all together.

After a satisfying experiment session, Fredrick Heads to the stadium and collects money.

Spoiler: character (click to show/hide)

dd:4

Thats a bit more average.

Back to the stadium! Collect DD if applicable. Put 2 of my DD on Cromwell Jackson kicking the bucket this very episode! Put 2 more on Magarth doing the same!
8 DD
2 on crom and 2 on mag to die. Not the same as being eliminated, by the way. Not 5x payout. It's basically the same as betting on survival. Elimination bets are betting who will die due to the elimination round. Thats why they pay off so much, they're difficult to predict.

Get DD.
Bet 1 DD on Xen being eliminated.
Bet 1 DD on Cromwell being eliminated.

EDIT: Oh, can we do multiple bets (not sure what's the English term for that)? For example, bet 1DD on one player winning AND another one loosing at the same game and we only collect if both of these things happen but if both of these things happen, we get a greatly multiplied payout. Not the best betting strategy but it could give you lots of DD if you're lucky.

I believe that, in English, it's called a Parlay bet. I suppose...I really need to get someone who knows more about betting and statistics to work as the bookie for this. You know, handle the cash, betting, and run the numbers and such. Anyone want that job? I'd be willing to give you a cut of the total profits from DD betting, which you could use to influence the game. All applicants welcome.

2 DD

(2 DD)

Get more DD for this episode.  Is this the ladt chance we hwve to bet?  If so, et two DD on Cromwell dying.

((How high is Toaster's endurance stat?))
You'll have until the team challenge starts to make game long bets, as well as bets on the challenge itself.

5 DD

STATIC

Gooooooooooodevening ladies and gentleman and welcome to:
 Dead Man Running!
Earth-3's most popular game show!
Our contestants come to us from all corners of the planet and beyond; destined for death, driven by desire or just plain crazy!
And here upon these hallowed grounds of sportsmanship they will compete for the ultimate prize: To have their greatest desire fulfilled, whatever it may be!

On last episode we saw our first four way elimination round AND Disemboweling in quite a while! You voted to let Cromwell live and he's back tonight to continue trying to reach his goal of 50 points and a wish for whatever his heart desires!  But before we begin, there's a new member of The Blue Barbarians we need to introduce! His name is Xen and he's a long time fan of the show! I wonder if he's brave or simply foolish? We shall see, won't we?

The camera pans out from The Host, pauses to stare at Xen for a few seconds as he's introduced, and then pans up to view the line of contestants as a whole.

Our Team challenge for tonight requires a team leader from each side! Teams, pick your leader! And dear studio audience, now is the time to place your bets! Don't Dawdle!

darkpaladin109

• Bay Watcher
  • has no intention of returning here
    • View Profile
« Reply #524 on: April 21, 2014, 11:12:17 am »

((What do DD's look like?))
Bet 1 DD on blue team winning.
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 ... 153