Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 140 141 [142] 143 144 ... 153

Author Topic: ER: Dead Man Running: Episode 4: Get in here and vote on some Murder.  (Read 291517 times)

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
Re: ER: Dead Man Running: Episode 4: Gridbased Murder
« Reply #2115 on: August 17, 2014, 08:02:56 am »

Destio simply let his shield fall to the side and raised his blade. He experimentally made a circle with his blade in front of him, listening to its sound, before letting it fall in the Fool position, looking calmly at his opponent.
Assume defensive stance. Slowly back away and prepare to strike.

Spoiler: Destio Dravani (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: August 17, 2014, 08:15:51 am by Parisbre56 »

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2116 on: August 17, 2014, 12:07:02 pm »

((I'm assuming at some point you sent PW the code you were going to use, right?))
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #2117 on: August 17, 2014, 12:45:16 pm »

She has texted back
"K. When?"

Send message back:"Tonight, after this episode of DMR. Pick you up at eight?"

Oh, and reserve a table beforehand.

((I've got a better idea. My limbs are probably going to hate me for this, but...))

Audience! What do you say about forcing Destio's and Mason's shackles to be stuck at monosword form for the rest of the round, as long as we both agree to drop the rest of our equipment?

((That way, neither of us can cheat.

Collapsing arena, lasers, duel with ultra lethal swords... Feels like we're in a Star Wars film. Now all we need is some epic music like Duel of the Fates.))

Ernie votes in favor of this proposal.
"Ok." is her reply.

You reserve the table.

Destio simply let his shield fall to the side and raised his blade. He experimentally made a circle with his blade in front of him, listening to its sound, before letting it fall in the Fool position, looking calmly at his opponent.
Assume defensive stance. Slowly back away and prepare to strike.

((Well, I sent the code. Epic sword duel time.))

"My name is Mason Caldwell. You killed my Larry. Prepare to be knocked off."

Epic monorazor duel. Aim for his feet or lower leg. Parry any attacks. Unless he cheats and uses the laser again, at which point try to dodge and respond with that Shackle combo I sent last turn. The one I haven't used yet, not the monorazor or shock spike.

We'll just give you those monorazor blades without costing a point. Alright, secondary space accountant? Man, this is gonna be really underwhelming if one of you botches and just dies instantly.

LETS MAKE THIS MORE INTERESTING!
The host shouts, pointed teeth and feral eyes gleaming as he waves to the audience, and then do someone off stage.  The pool below drains, and the people in it are dragged off back stage. Now there's nothing but a 40 foot drop on to unyielding steel.

Mason and Destio's shackles transform,  once again taking on the shape of the monoatomic sword. Mason moves first, taking a few hasty steps forward across the beam and swinging low at Destio's ankles. Destio leaps backwards and, in the same spinning motion, partially severs the beam Mason is on. Destio steps back, behind the cut line as the beam sags dangerously with Mason on it.

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2118 on: August 17, 2014, 12:58:05 pm »

((Do I get my point back for the monorazor I already had? Because otherwise I feel kind of shafted, since I already had the monorazor blade out. Or did it go back in for some reason?))

Get away from the collapsing portion of the beam and press the attack, aiming for one of his legs. Parry any attacks with my blade.

« Last Edit: August 17, 2014, 01:08:08 pm by Beirus »

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #2119 on: August 17, 2014, 01:06:43 pm »

((... I did not expect the host to drain the pool. Well, looks like this can no longer end without serious injury, one way or the other.))

"It's over Mason. I have the high ground."

((I guess we should be glad he didn't replace it with magma.))

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2120 on: August 17, 2014, 01:10:16 pm »

((... I did not expect the host to drain the pool. Well, looks like this can no longer end without serious injury, one way or the other.))

"It's over Mason. I have the high ground."

((I guess we should be glad he didn't replace it with magma.))

((Don't give him ideas, dammit! Also, my response.))

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #2121 on: August 17, 2014, 01:57:51 pm »

"If you won't surrender, then you leave me no choice. I don't want to kill you. But I cannot loose."

Step backwards and try to cut the beam Mason is on, so that it falls.
If Mason approaches before I can do that, make a wild swing. The primary intent is to force him to back off, but I won't complain if it hurts him.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #2122 on: August 21, 2014, 11:21:58 am »

((Do I get my point back for the monorazor I already had? Because otherwise I feel kind of shafted, since I already had the monorazor blade out. Or did it go back in for some reason?))

Get away from the collapsing portion of the beam and press the attack, aiming for one of his legs. Parry any attacks with my blade.

"If you won't surrender, then you leave me no choice. I don't want to kill you. But I cannot loose."

Step backwards and try to cut the beam Mason is on, so that it falls.
If Mason approaches before I can do that, make a wild swing. The primary intent is to force him to back off, but I won't complain if it hurts him.

Your razor went back in, it has a limited effective time, which is being overridden for this fight.

Mason leaps just as destio cuts the beam, leaping to the nearest bar and then leaping forward again, toward Destio's legs. Destio swings a wild blow at Mason's head and Mason parries, the two blades clashing. When the opposing monorazors touch there is a sound of metal ringing, a spray of sparks and both men are shoved back with great force. Hitting the mono razors together was like hitting a brick wall with an aluminum bat; their entire arm is numb from the vibration.

An air horn sounds from somewhere overhead.

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2123 on: August 21, 2014, 05:15:39 pm »

Quick, team up and cut out a section of tg hazard then immediately try to stab each other in the back.
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #2124 on: August 21, 2014, 07:01:16 pm »

My arm. Those sparks. thought Destio as he regained his balance. Some kind of vibroblade? But how can it be so durable? Perhaps it is a property of the shackle itself that keeps it intact... His eyes widened as a figurative light-bulb lit up in his mind. That's it! I just need to time this right.

"Is this what you really want? To die in the name of entertainment?"

Focus on dodging the obstacle. Cut it, if it would help.

If I still have time after that, then jump towards my enemy. Use the "main body" of the shackle like a shield, to block his blade so that I can push it away and knock him off balance, while at the same time using the bladed part of my shackle to cut his shackle wielding arm off. If I manage the block but can't position the blade for the cut, then settle for a punch at his throat with my other arm.

« Last Edit: August 21, 2014, 08:17:59 pm by Parisbre56 »

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2125 on: August 21, 2014, 07:42:25 pm »

360 degree vision to watch for the obstacle, but press the attack while Destio is distracted. Use the time before the obstacle gets to us to reach Destio. If it is a high obstacle, duck it and attack his legs. If it is low, jump it and aim for the shoulder of his Shackle arm or maybe diagonally through his chest. If it is a mid-level obstacle, duck or dive under it and slash his legs or feet, then get up. The point is to attack him while he is distracted by the obstacle. Parry any attacks from Destio with the blade, including any attacks from his sword or fleshy parts. Parry any sword attacks with a blade on blade clash.

« Last Edit: August 21, 2014, 08:06:27 pm by Beirus »

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #2126 on: August 21, 2014, 08:21:18 pm »

((Nice. Hard and risky move but with good payoff.
You'll have trouble both dodging and attacking, but not as much as I would have if I did the same. If you succeed, you'll have a better chance at attacking me. But if you fail, you'll be open to attack, maybe with a limb missing or even knocked off. But you don't need to worry about limbs as much because you have the points to replace them at the end of the episode, so again, less of a risk for you.
I think we both did the best action possible, under the circumstances.))

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2127 on: August 21, 2014, 09:41:38 pm »

((Yep, should be a good turn. Unless we fail and behead ourselves or get killed by the obstacle.  :P))

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #2128 on: August 25, 2014, 09:43:06 am »

My arm. Those sparks. thought Destio as he regained his balance. Some kind of vibroblade? But how can it be so durable? Perhaps it is a property of the shackle itself that keeps it intact... His eyes widened as a figurative light-bulb lit up in his mind. That's it! I just need to time this right.

"Is this what you really want? To die in the name of entertainment?"

Focus on dodging the obstacle. Cut it, if it would help.

If I still have time after that, then jump towards my enemy. Use the "main body" of the shackle like a shield, to block his blade so that I can push it away and knock him off balance, while at the same time using the bladed part of my shackle to cut his shackle wielding arm off. If I manage the block but can't position the blade for the cut, then settle for a punch at his throat with my other arm.

360 degree vision to watch for the obstacle, but press the attack while Destio is distracted. Use the time before the obstacle gets to us to reach Destio. If it is a high obstacle, duck it and attack his legs. If it is low, jump it and aim for the shoulder of his Shackle arm or maybe diagonally through his chest. If it is a mid-level obstacle, duck or dive under it and slash his legs or feet, then get up. The point is to attack him while he is distracted by the obstacle. Parry any attacks from Destio with the blade, including any attacks from his sword or fleshy parts. Parry any sword attacks with a blade on blade clash.

Destio turns to look around for the incoming obstacle, but Mason doesn't take his eyes off his opponent. He charges and swings, slicing at Destio's shoulder. But he miscalculates and the swing is too early; it cuts a shallow gash across Destio's shoulder and left pectoral but does no significant damage. Destio staggers from the blow, but when the wire comes, this time slicing in at chest height, he manages to get his blade up and block it. The wire snaps like a high tension cable, but hits neither contestant as it whips into the walls and then continues, limply, along it's track before disappearing back into the wall.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #2129 on: August 25, 2014, 10:52:37 am »

"You crazy arsehole, you're going to get us both killed!"

Start swinging the blade in front of me. I don't care if the swings are easy to dodge, my aim is to push him back, right into the hole behind him.

Pages: 1 ... 140 141 [142] 143 144 ... 153