Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 141 142 [143] 144 145 ... 153

Author Topic: ER: Dead Man Running: Episode 4: Get in here and vote on some Murder.  (Read 290252 times)

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: ER: Dead Man Running: Episode 4: Gridbased Murder
« Reply #2130 on: August 25, 2014, 01:27:54 pm »

"My name is Mason Caldwell. You killed my Larry. Prepare to be knocked off."

Mason Caldwell does not back down. If I can move faster or duck under one of the strikes, go for Destio's legs. If I can get over or around one of the strikes, slash diagonally from his Shackle arm through the chest. If neither, just parry.

« Last Edit: August 25, 2014, 01:33:44 pm by Beirus »
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #2131 on: August 27, 2014, 11:12:54 am »

Mason Caldwell does not back down. If I can move faster or duck under one of the strikes, go for Destio's legs. If I can get over or around one of the strikes, slash diagonally from his Shackle arm through the chest. If neither, just parry.

"You crazy arsehole, you're going to get us both killed!"

Start swinging the blade in front of me. I don't care if the swings are easy to dodge, my aim is to push him back, right into the hole behind him.

Spoiler: Destio Dravani (click to show/hide)
Destio swings a wild haymaker blow at Mason, who ducks it and dips in under Destio's guard, slicing into his leg before hopping backwards and out of the way of another blow. Destio staggers but stays on his feet, slashing at the air as Mason backs off.

An air horn sounds overhead.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #2132 on: August 27, 2014, 11:24:13 am »

Right where I wanted him to be.
"Let me see you dodge two things at once!"
If he doesn't care about his life, then why should I?

Cut the beam in front of me, so that Mason is forced to jump.
Then focus on blocking or dodging, as appropriate.
If Mason comes close to me and I have the opportunity to shove him down or stab him (or if we lock blades and I can push him down), then focus on that instead.
Edit: If I block his strike with my blade and create an opening, use my other hand to punch him in the throat.

« Last Edit: August 28, 2014, 03:12:19 pm by Parisbre56 »

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2133 on: August 27, 2014, 12:23:51 pm »

((I'm confused as to where we are at in the arena, since I know I jumped to a different beam two or three turns ago.))

360 vision to watch for the obstacle, but continue pressing the attack. If the obstacle is high, duck it and finish taking his leg off. If the obstacle is low, jump it and take his Shackle arm off. If I manage to move faster, slash him again diagonally through the shoulder of his Shackle arm and chest. The point is to hit him while he's distracted by the obstacle, or hit him before the obstacle gets here. If I get knocked down, try to take his leg off to bring him to my level, or sever his Shackle arm above the elbow. If I still need to dodge the obstacle, duck or jump it or cut it with the sword. Parry any attacks with my blade.

« Last Edit: August 29, 2014, 12:00:59 am by Beirus »

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #2134 on: August 29, 2014, 11:29:18 am »

This is how I have it for me...I feel some wires got crossed.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #2135 on: August 29, 2014, 11:55:36 am »

Oh, I guess I got confused when you said he jumped back on the beam. That kinda ruins my plan. Well, screw it, I'll just go for a simple attack then.

Move towards my enemy. Use the the blade or the "main body" of the shackle like a shield, to block his blade so that I can push it away and knock him off balance while at the same time using my other hand to punch him (preferably in the throat) and push him off the beam.

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2136 on: August 29, 2014, 12:40:23 pm »

((I'll just keep my action the same.))

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #2137 on: September 01, 2014, 12:30:01 pm »

((I'm confused as to where we are at in the arena, since I know I jumped to a different beam two or three turns ago.))

360 vision to watch for the obstacle, but continue pressing the attack. If the obstacle is high, duck it and finish taking his leg off. If the obstacle is low, jump it and take his Shackle arm off. If I manage to move faster, slash him again diagonally through the shoulder of his Shackle arm and chest. The point is to hit him while he's distracted by the obstacle, or hit him before the obstacle gets here. If I get knocked down, try to take his leg off to bring him to my level, or sever his Shackle arm above the elbow. If I still need to dodge the obstacle, duck or jump it or cut it with the sword. Parry any attacks with my blade.

Oh, I guess I got confused when you said he jumped back on the beam. That kinda ruins my plan. Well, screw it, I'll just go for a simple attack then.

Move towards my enemy. Use the the blade or the "main body" of the shackle like a shield, to block his blade so that I can push it away and knock him off balance while at the same time using my other hand to punch him (preferably in the throat) and push him off the beam.

Neither fighter attacks outright, Mason waits for the obstacle to come, hoping he can take advantage of it to strike down his opponent. Destio waits for Mason to strike, hoping to parry and then knock his opponent off. So when the obstacle comes, it is a bit of a surprise. Not a fast moving wire intent on cutting off limbs, but a wall, moving in from either side, intent on crushing the contestants flat when the two walls met in the middle.

LETS CONTINUE TO MAKE THIS INTERESTING!

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2138 on: September 01, 2014, 12:38:19 pm »

Go for Destio's legs with a horizontal slash. If he tries to jump over my strike, swing upwards. Parry any attacks with my blade.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #2139 on: September 02, 2014, 01:23:07 pm »

((Wait, does that mean that the walls are going to start crushing the grid? Not good.))

"Why won't you just give up already?"

Focus on defence. Try to slowly walk backwards towards a wall. If I get the opportunity for a counter attack, either via stabbing or punching (preferably in the throat), do it.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #2140 on: September 03, 2014, 12:50:49 pm »

((Wait, does that mean that the walls are going to start crushing the grid? Not good.))

"Why won't you just give up already?"

Focus on defence. Try to slowly walk backwards towards a wall. If I get the opportunity for a counter attack, either via stabbing or punching (preferably in the throat), do it.

Go for Destio's legs with a horizontal slash. If he tries to jump over my strike, swing upwards. Parry any attacks with my blade.

Mason swings at Destio's legs, but Destio parries and, with one smooth movement, smacks the  blade away, spins and elbows Mason flat in the windpipe. Mason staggers back, choking and off balance.

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2141 on: September 03, 2014, 01:09:51 pm »

((Looks like we have about two turns to wrap this up one way or another.))

"My name is *cough* Mason Caldwell. You killed my *hack* Larry. Prepare to be *wheeze* knocked off."

Regain balance and cut the beam in front of me and back up to a little bit before next intersection. If I am attacked, parry or cut off the attacking part. Should I be knocked down, swing at his legs to bring him to my level.
« Last Edit: September 03, 2014, 03:52:51 pm by Beirus »

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #2142 on: September 03, 2014, 03:06:42 pm »

((I have a feeling we're both going to end up dead...))

Hit his blade with mine or push/kick him, whatever would help me make him fall. My aim is to make him fall down to the beam, but if he falls to his death or if he ends up hanging from it, then I won't complain.

Then bring the blade down to his neck/fingers and let it stay there. Do not actually hit him though unless he tries to attack or move.

If he manages to regain his balance and cut the beam before I get to him, then jump at him and try to do the above.

((Running out of time, so risky options are a go. But that doesn't mean there's no room left for theatricality.
Going for the old "look at the audience/Caesar before killing the gladiator" move. Mostly because I want to see if the host will react in any way.))

Kriellya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2143 on: September 03, 2014, 03:19:15 pm »

(( The audience can only hope :P ))

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #2144 on: September 05, 2014, 11:45:10 am »

Hit his blade with mine or push/kick him, whatever would help me make him fall. My aim is to make him fall down to the beam, but if he falls to his death or if he ends up hanging from it, then I won't complain.

Then bring the blade down to his neck/fingers and let it stay there. Do not actually hit him though unless he tries to attack or move.

If he manages to regain his balance and cut the beam before I get to him, then jump at him and try to do the above.

((Running out of time, so risky options are a go. But that doesn't mean there's no room left for theatricality.
Going for the old "look at the audience/Caesar before killing the gladiator" move. Mostly because I want to see if the host will react in any way.))

((Looks like we have about two turns to wrap this up one way or another.))

"My name is *cough* Mason Caldwell. You killed my *hack* Larry. Prepare to be *wheeze* knocked off."

Regain balance and cut the beam in front of me and back up to a little bit before next intersection. If I am attacked, parry or cut off the attacking part. Should I be knocked down, swing at his legs to bring him to my level.

Destio kicks Mason flat in the chest, sending him sprawling over backwards, but Mason catches hold of Desto's leg as the blow lands yanks him down as he falls. Destio tumbles over onto his side while Mason falls backwards, and the both of them find themselves down, precariously balanced on their beams.

I'm beginning to think I should activate something even more dangerous on the shackle to bring an end to this, because they keep rolling nearly the same.
Pages: 1 ... 141 142 [143] 144 145 ... 153