Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Do you seriously want to continue this game and will dedicate time to it, or are you just continuing because you're a part and may as well

I honestly enjoy this game and would be sad to see it go.
- 9 (69.2%)
I like the game, but not very enthusiastic about it, wouldn't mind seeing it go.
- 2 (15.4%)
I'm basically just here because I joined and don't want to back out.
- 1 (7.7%)
Other (say in thread)
- 1 (7.7%)

Total Members Voted: 13

Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 120

Author Topic: Fire Emblem on Forums: Shattered Hope OoC (Currently accepting new signups)  (Read 85968 times)

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
Re: Fire Emblem on Forums: Shattered Hope OoC
« Reply #270 on: May 01, 2014, 09:12:52 pm »

I, too, use paint.

It's easier than trying to figure out a new system, and no real reason not to.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Swordstar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: May 01, 2014, 09:15:37 pm »

What rolep said. Paint's fairly easy to use and it does what I need just fine. Then I have something else that can do the transparency job.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: May 01, 2014, 09:19:25 pm »

I agree. :P No reason to get all fancy when Paint can do 99% of the job.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: May 01, 2014, 09:23:07 pm »

However, as for splicing tips...if someone could give me some, that'd be great...I need to splice Tana's head/face onto Colm's body, and it's not cooperating.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: May 01, 2014, 09:31:10 pm »

I always use GIMP.

Swordstar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #275 on: May 01, 2014, 09:32:10 pm »

Yeah... you're not looking at an easy one there. First off, mixing girl's head with a boy's body is a tricky thing due to proportions and what not. Wider shoulders, thicker neck, with a thinner neck and thinner head. Second, their shoulders are in different positions, which means so are their heads. And then Colm's looking one way and Tana's looking another. You'd be better off finding different sprites to work with tbh.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: May 01, 2014, 09:35:18 pm »

Well, I need Colm's body for that metal plate on the left arm, and I need a female head, plus the character is supposed to be really cheerful...
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: May 01, 2014, 09:35:39 pm »

Aww, but I use GIMP for my everything...

Yeah... you're not looking at an easy one there. First off, mixing girl's head with a boy's body is a tricky thing due to proportions and what not. Wider shoulders, thicker neck, with a thinner neck and thinner head. Second, their shoulders are in different positions, which means so are their heads. And then Colm's looking one way and Tana's looking another. You'd be better off finding different sprites to work with tbh.
Aww :c
Also, guys, when I described my character--think brown skin instead of darker shades? :P

Thanks though!

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
  • Edelgard did nothing wrong.
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: May 01, 2014, 09:36:58 pm »

I must learn how to make own FE portrait.

Tips, anyone? :X

Zoom is your friend. Try to get a head and body with similar angles, or you'll be doing a fair amount of redrawing, like when I did Lesan. The fill tool is good for recoloring, obviously. Try to keep a steady hand.

Those are my tips, such as they are.

Well, I need Colm's body for that metal plate on the left arm, and I need a female head, plus the character is supposed to be really cheerful...

...Why not just take the plate? Transplanting armor onto another portrait isn't exactly brain surgery.

Swordstar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: May 01, 2014, 09:38:46 pm »

You could try a recoloring of Nemi's plate so that it looks metal, same thing with Rebecca's from FE7. Or Louise from FE7. But splicing a girl's head onto a guy's body isn't going to work very well. Proportions are all off.

Swordstar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: May 01, 2014, 09:39:38 pm »

...Why not just take the plate? Transplanting armor onto another portrait isn't exactly brain surgery.

Issue with that is angle, size, and splicing over clothes, etc.

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: May 01, 2014, 09:47:50 pm »

Hmmm, well, you can always redraw the head.  Basically, a bit fuller and rounder, using another one as a basis.  As long as you choose the body and head carefully, you can always make do by redrawing bits and pieces.  Though it does limit your choices a bit, I won't say it's impossible to do composites across genders; my FEF1 character is one such composite of a female and male character, as were my early mug proposals for Riven.  On the other hand, both of them used boy mages, who tend to have a smaller and lighter frame to start with. 

((I still want to use grannie shaman in a game someday.))
« Last Edit: May 01, 2014, 09:49:25 pm by Culise »

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
  • Edelgard did nothing wrong.
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: May 01, 2014, 09:49:10 pm »

I tried working on a Colm/Tana fusion. I've done what I could without getting in too deep, but it's going to take some redrawing because Tana's hair cuts out before Colm's body does, and weird neck shit is happening. Wanna see?

If you want to do it yourself, try sort of squishing the body together. Select the left half and move it right, then the right half and move it left.

I accidentally the whole thing. Not happy with the hair, particularly on the right, but yeah.

Swordstar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #283 on: May 01, 2014, 10:13:48 pm »

See, to me, that whole head tilted over the same shoulder that's lifted up looks real weird, as does the neck. I dunno, something doesn't fit quite right there. Just looks awkward.

Here's a possible thing. I don't like the hair at the very bottom, but that's fixable. I dunno, thoughts?
« Last Edit: May 01, 2014, 10:41:47 pm by Swordstar »

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: May 01, 2014, 10:56:40 pm »

Yeah, that's pretty much due to the issues Blade outlined already; Tana and Colm just don't match angle-wise.  That said, with that seam and skin color difference...

"Igor!  It's alive!  ALIVE!"

Hmmm, regarding the second one, the neck doesn't seem to quite line up.  It's not done in a impossible manner, in that you do see that kind of trunk-neck on muscular men, but it doesn't quite seem to match the head's size and structure, I think.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2014, 10:58:23 pm by Culise »
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 120