Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Ideas for next mission:

Naval defense (big cannons, tanks, missile launchers, etc)
Naval assault (boats, landing craft, etc)

Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 25

Author Topic: The Great War: Mission 2, Return from Hiatus  (Read 27602 times)

blazing glory

Re: The Great War: Mission 1
« Reply #210 on: May 26, 2014, 05:57:24 am »

Why not forge a temporary alliance with the Russians?

Keep fighting!

((Right then,you do it,try not to get shot coming up to them.))

((And if they stab us in the back afterwards then I'll accuse you of conspiring with them,if I hadn't deserted already.))

smurfingtonthethird

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: May 26, 2014, 05:58:57 am »

((don't mind the missile truck chilling up the back))
RIP Moot ;-;7 Sigtext!

GrizzlyAdamz

• Bay Watcher
  • Herp de derp
    • View Profile
    • Check this shit out
« Reply #212 on: May 26, 2014, 08:45:06 am »

((Heh, well, at this point I'd try for a retreat- we blew up the convoy beautifully, mission accomplished, with nominal casualties. Meanwhile the new enemies will likely circumvent our remaining mines, (what with the roadblocks), and we dont really have the best tank v tank capability. Meanwhile if we pull away, the russians and the allies might duke it out long enough for us to escape. If we really want to try for a moonshot, leave 1-2 squads behind to maybe, (maybe), snag a surviving vehicle or two and vamoose. But that's rather dangerous. Ich melde mich freiwillig.))

((Also, EXPLOSIVES FTW))
Badges of honor
GENERATION 11: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Check this shit out- (it changes)
Profile->Modify Profile->Look and Layout->Current Theme: Default [Change]->Darkling (it's good for your eyes and looks better)

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #213 on: May 26, 2014, 01:04:33 pm »

Run to check the downed squad for wounded.

CaptainMcClellan

• Bay Watcher
  • [WAS_NEVER_HERE][CUBE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: May 26, 2014, 01:32:36 pm »

Radio the Russians and demand to know why they're attacking the Germans, trying to convince them to attack the allied troops instead.

(( Am I wrong that we have both Allies and Russians against us? If so, then still do that in hopes that they'll bypass our site completely and move toward France. ))

Have one of the Belgian squads prepare to use any grenades we have against the tanks while the riflemen of that group defend against the other military vehicles.

Have the medics hang back and prepare to start taking care of Belgian and German enemies. Command my troops to shoot to kill only, it's far to early to be taking prisoners

(( Sorry about not checking up on this and also, I seriously hope this doesn't backfire. ))

CaptainMcClellan

• Bay Watcher
  • [WAS_NEVER_HERE][CUBE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: May 26, 2014, 01:35:36 pm »

Also, only fire on the Russians if they come within range of us and only if they have aggressive intent. The idea here is to keep as much of our Belgian retinue alive to keep fighting whilst helping the Germans in what ways we can.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #216 on: May 26, 2014, 02:06:42 pm »

((Am I wrong that we have both Allies and Russians against us?))
The Russians are a part of the Allies.

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: May 26, 2014, 02:18:04 pm »

((Am I wrong that we have both Allies and Russians against us?))
The Russians are a part of the Allies.
((No, they're not! They're a separate faction, and as said, they are here to destroy the Allied convoy as well.))

Radio the Russians and demand to know why they're attacking the Germans, trying to convince them to attack the allied troops instead.

(( Am I wrong that we have both Allies and Russians against us?))

[plan]

((I seriously hope this doesn't backfire. ))
((It's more of a Mélêe à Trois with the Russians fighting the Allies in addition to us. Also note that you may have trouble with the communication part of your plan as there is a language barrier, and even then the Russians might have got their orders from higher ups with no context, just like we have, and not know the reason to attack, just that they should.))
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

smurfingtonthethird

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: May 26, 2014, 02:47:28 pm »

((Yes, the russians and allies are at war))
RIP Moot ;-;7 Sigtext!

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #219 on: May 26, 2014, 02:48:57 pm »

So confuse. Run, everyone. All history is useless.

GrizzlyAdamz

• Bay Watcher
  • Herp de derp
    • View Profile
    • Check this shit out
« Reply #220 on: May 26, 2014, 03:31:55 pm »

Nah, this is after the second great war. Which means cold war time! Except in this verse it isnt so cold. And we're crazy hold-out partisan people.

Hm, we have a motorcycle right? Think we could use that to draw the allies' attention to the ruskies?
Badges of honor
GENERATION 11: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Check this shit out- (it changes)
Profile->Modify Profile->Look and Layout->Current Theme: Default [Change]->Darkling (it's good for your eyes and looks better)

CaptainMcClellan

• Bay Watcher
  • [WAS_NEVER_HERE][CUBE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: May 26, 2014, 04:10:58 pm »

Quote from: IcyTea
-What he said-

That's what I thought, but this is a gambit. Also, the language barrier could indeed be a problem. If so, the rolls will indicate this. Being a Belgian higher up, I do know French and German at least, and I'm using German in hopes that the Russians know it as well as Russian. Which, geographically and historically speaking, wouldn't be that much of a long-shot. Still there's no guarantees of anything, perhaps the Russian commanders are also uneducated and will not know what I'm talking about. Perhaps they won't care. Perhaps their orders are to kill everything not Russian. Those were popular orders under Stalin, and there's no reason to suspect they won't be now. I'm just trying something in hopes of diverting combat to the Allies instead of you guys. If it fails, we continue as planned.

smurfingtonthethird

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: May 26, 2014, 05:37:57 pm »

((the russians have an IS3 and a missile launcher truck. You better hope your gambit works or they'll blow everything the fuck up.))
RIP Moot ;-;7 Sigtext!

CaptainMcClellan

• Bay Watcher
  • [WAS_NEVER_HERE][CUBE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: May 26, 2014, 05:41:05 pm »

((the russians have an IS3 and a missile launcher truck. You better hope your gambit works or they'll blow everything the fuck up.))
* sighs * Yeah... All the more reason to want to not oppose them in direct combat and let the two larger armies engage in a battle of attrition then enact guerrilla warfare to capture the resources ( and prisoners ) of both. Know the limitations of being the little guy.

blazing glory

« Reply #224 on: May 26, 2014, 05:50:19 pm »

((What armor do we have? (Manned tanks...unmanned tanks if their near enough....armored cars that stuff.))
« Last Edit: May 26, 2014, 07:55:11 pm by blazing glory »
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 25