Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 55

Author Topic: Roll to Become a Hero - Christmas Event, First Challenge: Siege!  (Read 83663 times)

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile

Plan: Enchant underwear to become catalyst; fire magic missiles by doing the crotch thrust.
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Why would I be banned?
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Why would I be banned?
Being to awesome? I dunno, I think newcomers have gotten a horrific idea of you due to all the grand stories floating around.

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Nevermind.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2014, 08:23:28 pm by GlyphGryph »

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

((I wonder if I could find one of those catalyst  staffs (staves?), put a spearhead on it, and be a Battlemage or spellspear. Also, I used to think Derm was dangerous. Now I just think he's misunderstood, with too much power to fully control.))
« Last Edit: May 21, 2014, 08:27:41 pm by Beirus »
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

killerhellhound

• Bay Watcher
  • Friendly Master of !!MEDICINE!!
    • View Profile

Why would I be banned?
Being to awesome? I dunno, I think newcomers have gotten a horrific idea of you due to all the grand stories floating around.

I felt that his "plan" was a bit off-putting, but now that I think about it, it's too funny to take seriously.
That is half of the best ideas on this forum in a nut shell
It gets even better when they go and do it or debate how to get it to work, like the take over mars plan.
My Sig
Fluttershy jumps onto TCM, giving him a hug. "~Yay~"*Player TCM has left the server. Reason: HHHHNNNNNGGGG-

We Madmen are very ingenious.  Sometimes it just takes just a little less sanity to pull off something completely awesome.

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a good guy...girl. My horse just eat souls.
    • View Profile

"Let head back before some animals turn up to the blood. I won't want to die to wolves after surviving that."
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.
Morpheus, a magic girls game

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Roll to Become a Hero - Turn 9: First Quest Finished, Shopping Time!
« Reply #158 on: May 22, 2014, 03:23:14 am »

Lucy Verim
Your search efforts bring no results as you check all the corpses over once more in case of something Chronus might have missed before also searching the grass for anything other then arrows. All in all it was quite a waste of time.

Chronus
You give the area where the necromancer a quick look over, and at first you find nothing but as you start to turn around to walk away you notice a slight glint from a whole hidden underneath some of the stump's roots. Looking around to make sure no one is looking you duck down, and reach in to grab the object, as you pull it out you find a book with a black cover bound in silver with neat writing on the cover that reads 'Memnok's Guide to the Basics and Fundamentals of Necromancy'. Standing back up you tuck it away beneath your robes, and give a final look around the clearing finding no one noticed you reach down and grab the book from its hiding spot.

Gained Memnok's Guide to the Basics and Fundamentals of Necromancy

Trevor Abbot
You reach down and take one of the Necromancer's Femur bones before going off to gather up the arrows you launched during the battle to rather average effect.

Gained Necromancer's Femur Bone, and 9 Small Game Arrows

Ethereal
You gather up roughly a dozen bones that are suitable enough to be made into arrows, but once you've gathered them you realize you'll have to hand them over to a skilled craftsman, probably at a fee of some sort, to get them forged into arrows that will be of any use. Handmade arrows of pure bone aren't like to harm anything other than maybe a rabbit ...

Whispers in the Darkwood has been Completed! +5 XP to Chronus, and +4 XP to Everyone Else. Chornus and Trevor Leveled Up!

With your quest finished your group as a whole searches the clearing, and the nearby vicinity for any sign of the reported missing child, but after an hour or so of searching you come up empty handed with somewhat sorrow filled hearts. Defeated in that respect you make your way back to the village of Belton taking turns to carry the wounded Jase as you try to make at least a semblance of haste hoping to arrive by dawn. As luck would have it you do arrive at dawn to be greeted by the Mayor, a jovial man big enough in the waist to make two people, by the name of Clyde Blademont and some of his house guard on the main entrance to the village. Seeing Jase is injured he has you all hand him over to a pair of his guards who carry him off to see the village healer as Clyde begins to tell you of a rather strange occurrence, when he went to check on the family whose child had gotten lost near the Darkwood he found the house abandoned with a thick layer of dust covering everything.

The Mayor questioned the neighbors about this and they reported that no one has lived in that farm for nigh on thirty years now, the family, and the child it would seem were an illusion, a lie, or something else entirely it would appear ... Shrugging the man thanks you anyway and hands you each a pouch of gold, along with Jase's though from it he takes a nearly a third of it to pay the healer for their services. With that he thanks you and turns with his guards at his heels leaving you all to do as you wish. You could visit the shops, go to the village's rather modest library, or perhaps visit the healer to learn of her services?

Quote from: Delmar's Smithy
Iron Longsword [Atk: 4, Atk. Speed: 2, Melee, Two-Hander Cost: 40 Gold]
Light Dirk [Atk: 3, Atk. Speed: 1, Melee, Throwing Weapon, Cost: 20 Gold]
Iron Shortsword [Atk: 3, Atk. Speed: 2, Melee, Cost: 30 Gold]

Oaken Round Shield [Block Chance: 20%, Cost: 15 Gold]

Chainmail Vest [Armor: 1, Cost: 25 Gold]

Iron-Tipped Arrows [Atk: 3, Cost: 5 Gold]
Small Game Arrow [Atk: 2, Cost: 3 Gold]

(Ethereal Only) 6 Dead's Bane Arrows [Atk: 2, Undead Bane, Cost: 50 Gold]

Quote from: Three Herb Apothecary
Weak Health Polutice [Heals 4 HP, Cost: 10 Gold]
Spider's Bane Herb [Cures Poison, Cost: 8 Gold]
Herbal Bandages [Cures Intense Bleeding, Cost: 10 Gold]
Rough Bandages [Cures Minor Bleeding, Cost: 5 Gold]

Mortar & Pestle [Allows the making of Potions and Polutices, Cost: 20 Gold]
Bag of Ingredients [Used to make potions, Cost: 5 Gold per Bag]
Beginner's Guide to Herbalism [Used to learn potion recipes, Cost: 15 Gold]

Quote from: Samus' General Goods
Torch [When lit provides light for ten turns, Cost: 5 Gold]
Basic Lockpicking Kit [Provides no bonuses but allows for picking of locks, Cost: 15 Gold]
Length of Rope [Allows the process of not falling to your death, Cost: 10 Gold]
Blank Book [Contains 20 Blank Pages, Cost: 15 Gold]
Scribing Tools [+1 bonus to stuff like recording observations, writing scrolls, etc., Cost: 15 Gold]
Flint & Steel [Allow lighting of fires, Cost: 5 Gold]
Skin of Oil [A wineskin filled with oil, Cost: 5 Gold]
Rag [Can be tied to things, Cost: 2 Gold]
Whetstone [Used to sharpen weapons, Cost: 10]

Spoiler: Chronus, Dermonster (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Level Up Options (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Lucy Verim, Lyeos (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Clair Gemini, scapheap (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Level Up Options (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Ethereal (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: May 22, 2014, 03:28:25 am by adwarf »

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Become a Hero - Turn 9: First Quest Finished, Shopping Time!
« Reply #159 on: May 22, 2014, 03:30:05 am »

Buy Chainmail Vest

"May I ask if there if there any spear weapons laying around?"
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: May 22, 2014, 03:35:42 am »

"May I ask if there if there any spear weapons laying around?"
The smith pounds at a chunk of metal that is slowly beginning to take the shape of a sword as he replies,

"No, none of those. I sold my last ones to Blademont's men since theirs needed some replacing, I won't have any new ones for a while since as ya can see I'm the only one working here and I got to flesh out my stock of swords, and axes for the next of the King's recruit regiments that comes marching along this road to the front."

Ethereal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: May 22, 2014, 03:48:13 am »

Buy a Blank Book, Scribing Tools, and a Mortar & Pestal.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2014, 02:45:36 pm by Ethereal »

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: May 22, 2014, 04:19:23 am »

"I see. I will buy a Round Shield then."

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: May 22, 2014, 07:54:07 am »

Sell the rusted old crap. Gain bookworm. Will edit with purchases once I figure out why Ethereal trying to steal my job when he has a bunch of perfectly good arrows.

Oh, did you buy those for me Ethereal?

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: May 22, 2014, 09:22:53 am »

((Wow. My luck is apparently terrible. Taking a serious injury and losing part of my pay? Hopefully the next quest goes better.))

"Excuse me, blacksmith, is there any chance you'd have any helmets lying around? I took a rather bad wound to the head on my last outing, and I'd like to prevent it from happening again."
« Last Edit: May 22, 2014, 09:59:03 am by Beirus »
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 55