Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 ... 55

Author Topic: Roll to Become a Hero - Christmas Event, First Challenge: Siege!  (Read 83641 times)

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Become a Hero - Turn 35: The Return to Fort Gelden
« Reply #495 on: December 13, 2014, 11:29:53 pm »

Yeah...we never went back to the village. Should probably do that to sell the loot. We should do it soon, we could split it 50/50, Derm. So much gold. Or we could use it to hire a bunch of cannon fodder mercenaries and head back to the tomb. I'll hold onto one of those faded swords though, maybe I can purify it like the longsword, so I have a Blessed weapon that I can use with a shield until I hopefully unlock a feat that lets me use two-handers with a shield.
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #496 on: December 13, 2014, 11:48:50 pm »

Yeah. Let's head back at the end of the current turn and do stuff there.
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

killerhellhound

• Bay Watcher
  • Friendly Master of !!MEDICINE!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #497 on: December 14, 2014, 12:05:34 am »

Its more on the lines of Hey this group is awesome we could do some great things with them. Then they find out that nearly the whole group is dead.
My Sig
Fluttershy jumps onto TCM, giving him a hug. "~Yay~"*Player TCM has left the server. Reason: HHHHNNNNNGGGG-

We Madmen are very ingenious.  Sometimes it just takes just a little less sanity to pull off something completely awesome.

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #498 on: December 14, 2014, 12:28:49 am »

then we find out you have a bunch of magic swords and its like... wait a second... this might just be worth the risk.

Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #499 on: December 14, 2014, 12:30:07 am »

You'll find out about the swords after we hire you :p

Villaige first, then PC's meet in a bar, THEN loot distribution.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes

killerhellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #500 on: December 14, 2014, 12:32:46 am »

You'll find out about the swords after we hire you :p

Villaige first, then PC's meet in a bar, THEN loot distribution.
remember to keep that armour, if the new recruits have a layer of metal on them they serve as much better meatshields
My Sig
Fluttershy jumps onto TCM, giving him a hug. "~Yay~"*Player TCM has left the server. Reason: HHHHNNNNNGGGG-

We Madmen are very ingenious.  Sometimes it just takes just a little less sanity to pull off something completely awesome.

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #501 on: December 14, 2014, 12:37:12 am »

((can you hold on to that great bow for me? i like the looks of that +2 damage. oh and the northern furs if your bringing armor for us.))

follow plot script to join up with adventuring party.

most likely this involves getting drunk in the tavern and listening for rumours.
« Last Edit: December 14, 2014, 12:39:30 am by Unholy_Pariah »
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

Sarrak

• Bay Watcher
  • Venit leger cerebrum amissa
    • View Profile
« Reply #502 on: December 14, 2014, 01:21:08 am »

Have a brotherly reunion with Mark after all those years. Which obviously includes ridiculous amounts of alcohol.

"So, have you achieved your dream, brother?"
Science is always important. But it needs more flaming cats. Can't we build bridge-based catapults and fling flaming cats at the dust and goo?

It's time for the ATHATH Death Counter to increase once more in celebration for the end of the world.

killerhellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #503 on: December 14, 2014, 01:59:39 am »

Have a brotherly reunion with Mark after all those years. Which obviously includes ridiculous amounts of alcohol.

"So, have you achieved your dream, brother?"
"Zien! I thought you stayed home to learn blacksmithing from father.  Ah I haven't achived my dream but I still have life yet. Pass the mead its time to celebrate."

Get drunk with my brother
My Sig

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #504 on: December 14, 2014, 02:02:44 am »

... You aren't in the game yet. So overzealous~

killerhellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #505 on: December 14, 2014, 02:04:31 am »

... You aren't in the game yet. So overzealous~
Its what we are doing while we wait to be recruited/ we have lives outside of the group
My Sig

Sarrak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #506 on: December 14, 2014, 02:32:54 am »

"Old man is just as healthy as always... It left me without practice and I has followed in your footsteps four months ago. Ironic, eh?"

Zein downed his mug in a few mighty gulps.

"Ah, great. He also said to pass you his blessing if we'll meet again. So I guess you're lucky."
Science is always important. But it needs more flaming cats. Can't we build bridge-based catapults and fling flaming cats at the dust and goo?

It's time for the ATHATH Death Counter to increase once more in celebration for the end of the world.

killerhellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #507 on: December 14, 2014, 03:24:59 am »

"Yeah seems so."
Mark downs his mug as well
"Barkeep another round. So Zein planing to become a great hero as well, ha I haven't even started I signed up with a town garrison picked up some skills and equipment.

Any way enough about me look at you, I see manning the forge has given you serious muscles! In the time I've been gone have you managed to enchant a lady or two with your sword."
Mark waggles his eyebrows at his brother.

(embarrassing brother go)
My Sig

Sarrak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #508 on: December 14, 2014, 04:02:21 am »

"Eh? What are you talking about? A lady or two?"

Zein chuckled at his brothers expression.

"Seems like you're lagging behind, Mark... I had already 'enchanted' a dozen or so past two months. Sadly, it's another reason for not lasting long in one place..."

killerhellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #509 on: December 14, 2014, 04:22:35 am »

"Damn it, I spent most of my time off, sleeping off training rather then sleeping with ladies. My drill instructor was a nightmare."

"So you were a handsome rouge stealing women dignity during the night. Ha I would have never have thought my brother could do that. "

My Sig

Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 ... 55